The Reef Resort is located right on the beach on the East End roughly 40 minutes from the airport. Our one bedroom unit opened right to the beach and we felt like we had our very own beach house. The living area has two murphy beds that our teenage son found very comfortable to sleep on and easy to put away. The full kitchen was an added bonus and made it very easy for us to prepare some of our own meals. Our unit was kept immaculately clean by the housekeeping staff and they were very accommodating with timing of cleaning service each day. The Reef is located on a very quiet part of Grand Cayman which appeals to our family. No traffic, no tourist shops and a minimal amount of restaurants. We go on vacation to get away from that stuff, not to simply to see it in a different part of the world. That said, it would benefit you to have your own car to explore, go to the BIG Foster's grocery, go out for dinner, etc. However, there are shuttles available through the concierge and a small Foster's grocery right across the road so you could get by without a car if you chose. You just need to be aware that aren't any restaurants within walking distance from this hotel other than, of course, the hotel's own and the restaurant at Morrit's next door to the Reef. I mentioned that the concierge service will help you arrange a shuttle, when in fact, they will help you arrange ANYTHING. Major props to Laura in concierge who was so pleasant and patient to help with reservations, driving directions and general questions about activities and East End info.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Reef Resort is the only ALL BEACHFRONT, ALL SUITE RESORT WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM ON GRAND CAYMAN. The white sands of Grand Cayman are your welcome mat and the crystal clear waters are your playground. Since all of our suites are right on the beach, you'll enjoy exploring, playing, snorkeling and diving, or soaking in the beauty just steps outside your door. This East End getaway, far from the crowds, provides a truly serene tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Hotel Grand Cayman
- Reef Resort Grand Cayman
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands