“Shockingly good with huge portions”

The Italian Kitchen
Ranked #4 of 8 Restaurants in East End
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Delicious, reasonably price food featuring Italian dishes as well as locally caught fish. A small restaurant with friendly staff. A well thought out wine list.and we are open on Sundays
North Carolina
“Shockingly good with huge portions”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

This was our second trip to GC, and we stayed again at the Reef. The Italian Kitchen was new to us. Had dinner there twice. The pastas, pizza, seafood dishes were outstanding. Good and not outrageously priced wine list. Not great ocean views, but it does feel a little bit like Italy.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank hfh1982

Platte City, Missouri
“Unimpressed”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Although very convenient to our resort and recommended by a couple of folks, we were not satisfied with our meal at The Italian Kitchen. The place was nice and the service was above average for Cayman restaurants but both our meals were disappointing. My salad was just OK - nothing to brag about. My wife's lasagna was bland and served without a side salad or any bread. The higher prices were expected but unfortunately the meal wasn't worth it. We will probably visit again on our next visit to Grand Cayman but only if we stay at the East End where there isn't much to choose from. I will say the wine selection was terrific and the pour was generous.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Vic P
Lethbridge
“Outstanding”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

The food was great and when we went we did not realize it was more upscale dining so we were not dressed for the occasion. In any case we were treated like royality and the food was wonderful One of the best meals we had on the island.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank PAMELA B
Virginia Beach
“Great wine list Great food”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

If you are on the East End, be sure to stop in. Deceptive from the outside, great food, and plenty of it.

Visited April 2014
Italiankitchencayman, Manager at The Italian Kitchen, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thanks for stopping by and the great review.
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Surprisingly Good !”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I would think that an Italian restaurant in the Caribbean would offer bad knock off's of what Italian restaurants in cities like New York would have. But the food here was pretty good! I ordered the catch of the day which was a tuna steak. It was seasoned with a salty steak sauce (reminded me of something you would use in a Japanese restaurant). My sister had a margarita pizza. Yes... it is nothing like a New York pizza but there aren't many food options by the Reef Resort anyway. I think my favorite dish here was the strawberry crumble cake. It arrived warm with a strawberry sauce in the cake itself as well as drizzled over. Please send one to New York for me !

Next time I visit Cayman, I will be coming back here !

• Visited April 2014