“We dined here twice on our vacation”

The Italian Kitchen
Ranked #4 of 8 Restaurants in East End
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Delicious, reasonably price food featuring Italian dishes as well as locally caught fish. A small restaurant with friendly staff. A well thought out wine list.and we are open on Sundays
Hamilton, Canada
“We dined here twice on our vacation”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This restaurant was close to our lodgings, was recommended by the condo owner. We dined here the night of our arrival and the night before departure. My hubby had the pizza and rated it very good, thin crust, plenty of toppings. He enjoyed the chicken parm on the second visit, I tried it and it was fabulous. I had lasagna, very enjoyable. I had a caesar salad, this I found boring and dry. We had the same server both nights, we found her helpful, informative and very courteous. We would return if/when we visit again.

• Visited April 2013

Grand Cayman
“Rude servers, mediocre food, auto-gratuity, and expensive bill”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We ate at The Italian Kitchen this evening and couldn't have been more disappointed. Our server, Mirelys, approached our table and explained the menu specials to ONE of us ... all the while completing ignoring the other. Rude. This behavior continued throughout our meal and then we lost her completely when we ordered dessert. We ordered chocolate mousse from her, and she came back to clarify what we wanted ... was it our check? She obviously didn't listen to what we said. Apparently, the 15% auto-gratuity prevents good service as servers are guaranteed to get tips. The food was average - we had higher expectations for fresher seafood considering we are on a Caribbean Island. Refills on Diet Coke will run you full price. That's right ... 2 Diet Cokes with refills cost $12 Cayman. One entree that we split, two appetizers, two Diet Cokes (with a refill) and a shared dessert cost $94.88 The only reason this restaurant does not get one star is because we did like the red pepper sauce on our entree.

• Visited May 2013
Queens, NY
“Way Way Overpriced, but good ...”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I ordered a Cesar salad, chicken parmigiana, garlic knots and a dessert and the bill was $53 US. While the food was of decent quality and prepared well, tasty, I feel $53 for Chicken parm is completely ridiculous and a complete case of price gouging. I went back once more to try the pizza and for $20 US I received a small personal size Pizza that only barely filled me up. Had I been traveling with someone else, we would have needed another pizza! Also, more attitudes with staff not interested in customers or their feelings and thoughts probably due to the automatic 15% tip included in the check.

Visited April 2013
Donald L, Manager at The Italian Kitchen, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Mr Salsaguyny,
The cost of the items you mentioned in your review adds up to $38.00C.I.

4 Garlic Knots 2.00
Traditional Caesar Salad with seasoned croutons, asiago cheese 9.00
Chicken Parmesean with angel hair pasta 18.00
Sticky Toffee Pudding with caramel 9.00

I understand your concern over the cost of food in Cayman but please keep in mind that all food, drinks, cleaning supplies and miscellaneous items required to open the doors are brought in from the United Sates. On top of that the C.I. Government adds another 22% in duty.
Our electricity is generated from diesel fuel. Our water is created by reverse osmosis.
The cost of work permits for the employees is $10,000.

If you are comparing our prices to the states you are correct, restaurants are more expensive in Cayman. In regards to the attitude of the staff I am very surprised. We find that people come back several times during their vacation because of the warm welcome they receive from Troy, Audrey, Tanisha and Miryels.

I am glad to hear that you did enjoy the quality of the food.
Tropical Regards
North Hollywood, California
“Excellent!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We visited this restaurant twice. Its across the road from The Reef. The first night we had great pasta which was very good. The service is great. You can't tell from the outside but the inside has a warm ambiance. The second time we went there we had a take out pizza. We ordered it, picked it up and had it in our room. Very good crust, nice marinara sauce and fresh toppings. Don't miss ordering the garlic knots.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank ellendeette14
Iron River, Michigan
“Outstanding”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Someone recommended this place to us and we were not disappointed. Three of us had the wahoo and it was the best fish we ate while on the island. There was a small mix-up with our order but the server was very accommodating and brought us garlic knots (wonderful) while we waited. We tried the fried cheese stuffed squash blossoms as an appetizer - delicious. We would go back.

• Visited February 2013