“Fun Aussie decor, killer view, friendly staff and good food are the hallmarks of Tukka.”
Review of Tukka

Tukka
Reserve with OpenTable
Tukka is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in East End
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Steakhouse, Australian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: Located just footsteps from one of the most gorgeous ocean views, looking out on the Wreck of the Ten Sails. Watch the playful seagulls wait for Chef Ron to throw them a surprise! Passenger’s rave about the friendly and fun atmosphere created by Chef Ron and his wife Lana. The lucky passengers staying on the quiet East end enjoy his Sunday Brunches and great breakfasts. Chef Ron Hargrave, who hails from “Down Under”, has created a mouth watering menu, combining the freshest local seafood with an authentic Australian flair to create an amazing dining experience for the whole family. So many passenger's love his Walk-About Wednesdays! Enjoy an Australian themed 4-Course dinner with culinary delights to tickle the taste buds! Includes in this $40 dinner is a complimentary glass of wine or beer of your choice, Ala-Carte menu also available! Return transfers can be arranged with our courtesy vehicle for the Morritts Tortuga & Reef Resort as well Compass Point Dive Lodge. Just ask your concierge or front desk for bookings.
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Tukka is typical East End rustic, directly on the ocean with a nicely varied Aussie/local fusion menu that incorporates local, fresh ingredients. Close to The Reef and Morrits, certainly worth a drive even from Georgetown. A strong ocean breeze on the outdoor patio cooled my hot food a little too fast, worth the incredible view.

I had fresh Achiote rubbed Yellow Fin tuna with Callaloo and lobster risotto, Kangaroo lollipops for an appie and a Tukka salad. All was served at the proper temperature and each was excellent. Service was a little slow between courses. Tukka wins four stars for the view, the interesting and tasty food choices, and the lay back atmosphere with very a friendly staff.

1  Thank IslandhopperOne
Write a ReviewReviews (2,730)

Reviewed May 7, 2014

The food was disappointing but I think due to the fact we tried something we hadn't had before. I would go back if I were in the area again.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

We had our first experience at Tukka and I was anticipating a great dinner as many of our fellow owners at Morritts had recommended going there. I remember dining here when it was Portofino and it was one of the best meals we had on the island, so my expectations were a bit high.
We arrived at exactly 5 pm on Saturday so that we could watch the frigate bird feeding. We were not greeted at the door. A female server walked in after us and asked if we were waiting for a table and then escorted us out to the deck. We were the only customers in the restaurant but there were a few tourists with their kids down below waiting for the feeding of the birds and tarpon.
We sat at the table and a few minutes later the same female server stopped by and handed us the lunch menus and walked away. We were very confused as we were there for dinner and it was after 5 pm on Cayman time. The next time the server walked by, we asked for dinner menus. She exchanged the menus and walked away - nothing more said or at least ask if we wanted a drink. After about 10 minutes, a male server strolled by and smiled at me and I asked if there were any dinner specials. He left to the kitchen to ask and returned saying there was a tuna special. He did ask if we wanted to order a drink. I really wanted to ask if he was our server or if the female was, but apparently they do not assign tables there as we continued to have interactions with both of them. Neither server introduced themselves, so I can't mention a name.
The male server returned with water and another beverage and was about to walk away again when we said we were ready to place our order. I realize we are on 'island time', but at this point we had been there 35 minutes and the restaurant was empty.
My husband ordered the kangapops and the seafood platter and he really enjoyed those items. I ordered the tempura brie which would have been really good if it was not smothered in cranberry sauce. My entree was the chicken pasta alfredo which was delicious.
After our food arrived, both servers stopped by to see how we were doing. The chef did not stop by our table to talk to us.
Overall, I am glad we had dinner there so we can say we ate at Tukka, but we would not go back on a return trip. When you spend over $100 US for a 'casual' dinner, I would anticipate being treated a bit more welcoming than we felt.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We dined at Tukka's three times after Tido recommended Tukka's to us upon arrival at Compass Point/Eagle Ray's (same owners as Tukka's) for our dive vacation.

I spend the afternoon at Tukka for Sunday brunch while my dive buddy spent an enjoyable afternoon with a very good naturalist (Geddes). I extended my stay once I heard about the 5pm-ish feeding of the frigate birds, tarpons and eels.

Allwyn provided impeccable service for brunch, which had a lovely selection of many delicious foods (especially the veggie sushi and the bbq items). The unlimited champagne/prossecco for a very reasonable price made for excellent mimosas along the way.

Tido took over after brunch, and showed every kindness--provided me with binoculars to view the wrecks accompanied by Tukka's story about the various shipwrecks and a very informative coffee table book describing the 2008 hurricane in pictures and stories. Nothing like relaxing for a couple of hours overlooking the ocean from Tukka's great dining balcony.

The chef did indeed provide diners with entertainment near 5pm and began feeding the results of cleaning many fish to the frigate birds, tarpon and eels. He was very kind to let me feed the birds as well.

We returned mid-week for a nice dinner on Wednesday. I had the twin towers, which was spectacularly presented. I enjoyed the seafood elements of the kabobs the most.

My favorite meal was Fresh Fish Friday, which began with a beautiful display of freshly caught mahi-mahi, snapper and lionfish. We originally arrived just for drinks and apps on the balcony, but decided to stay for the pan-seared lionfish. Very delicious. Once again Tido greeted us very warmly, pointed out a small nurse shark joining in the foray of a bonus second feeding (the chef fillets the fish at a small station on the balcony).

Reviews are correct...dining here is a bit more expensive. I felt it was worth it--the food was very high quality and artfully presented, and the service was awesome. If you stay at Compass Point, Tukka's is happy to shuttle you to and from for a drive-free experience.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

So glad we chose Tukka for our only dinner out! The lovely Lana made us feel so welcome. The Brie in tempura appetizer was excellent! We all tried something different: brochette, lobster and steak. All excellent and healthy portions! Great Tukka specialty coffee as well! Staff was very friendly and attentive too. Nice touch when Chef Ron came to introduce himself and thank us. We look forward to dinner again on our next trip to Grand Cayman.