All reviewshacienda puerta del cielomasaya volcanoother guestsactive volcanothe owneroutdoor showerzip liningtour guideevery mealbeautiful countryhoneymoon suiteeco lodgeoff the beaten pathdirt roadone of a kindnatural beautynational park
Reviewed December 21, 2016

We were so well taken care of. From the moment we were picked up at the airport, to our welcome, food, accommodations and excursion, everything was perfect. Thank you for making the first part of our trip memorable!

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Monica S
Reviewed December 7, 2016 via mobile

A friend and I recently stayed at the hacienda and had a great time. If you're looking for a place to relax, this will fit the bill. We did several excursions and the hacienda team was easy to work with when we set up the excursions (before arrival) and during our adventures. I was excited to try the local cuisine throughout our stay and the staff even went out to get a local soup for us to try one night.

I really enjoyed relaxing by the pool and in one of the hammocks with great views of the Masaya volcano over a few days. Definitely worth a trip if you're looking to relax.

Stayed: November 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank Annevolz
Reviewed December 5, 2016 via mobile

My family and I had the most amazing time on our trip to Nicaragua .. everything was just fantastic especially our tour guide Ariel! I'm glad he was there for us he was like part of our family!! The food was great and the scenery is absolutely stunning ! I would definitely recommend coming to this hotel!

My favorite all time part was when we went to the monkey island and one of the monkies climbed on top of me.. that was a once in a lifetime opportunity that I am so blessed to have and it would have never have happened if didn't come here !

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Alexis T
Reviewed December 4, 2016

My friend and I picked this spot, after searching for some time, to stay for a few days prior to another friend's wedding. Based on the time of the year, we were the only two people staying at the resort for part of the trip and only one other couple for another part of the trip.

I enjoyed the stay. The weather was nice and we were well fed with great meals and an attentive staff. The hotel booked excursions on our behalf and both excursions were executed without issue. The Masaya Volcano is a must see at night.

I booked a massage, too. I'm no expert but I was fine with my massage and the woman was very nice.

The pre-trip e-mails and communications were all good, the airport ride transfer went without a hitch, and the pricing for the room, food, excursions, and drinks all calculated out accordingly.

I would recommend staying at this hotel/resort if you're looking for low key, relaxing, to be well fed, and a few activities.

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank icetray07
Reviewed November 28, 2016

Hacienda Puerto Del Cielo Eco Lodge near Masatepe, Nicaragua was the final location for our Vacation. Their driver (Ariel) picked us up in Granada and took us to the property and pointed out a few things to us along the way. Ariel's English was 'very good' which made for an educational drive.

Upon arrival, we were fortunate enough to meet the owner, Juan Carlos (JC) and he showed us the view from the upper balcony - INCREDIBLE! ,We then went with Ariel and 2 other guests the Market and then up to the Masaya Volcano - which is a MUST SEE! The cauldron of molten lava is awe-inspiring!

We spent the rest of our time on the property relaxing and getting to know the rest of the Staff. Ruth, Oscar, Adrian and Ariel were Fantastic and we thoroughly enjoyed getting to know them - we showed them how to dance 2-step and they showed us how to dance Bachata! Good Times for Sure!

Just a great spot to finish up our vacation in Nicaragua! I very much enjoyed sitting at the bar with JC the first night for a chat and a touch of "Flor de Cana" Rum! We got to talking about food and I mentioned "MonDongo" (a local dish) and he went out of his way to ensure I got some! And it was Delicious!

Muchas Gracias!!

J & K

Room Tip: We stayed in Casa Linda which was very roomy and the doors open up to the Pool and View.
  • Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple