Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Eco Spa
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewshacienda puerta del cielomasaya volcanoother guestsactive volcanocloud forestthe ownertour guideoutdoor showerhoneymoon suiteevery mealbeautiful countryjuan carloseco lodgeoff the beaten pathlake nicaraguadirt roadzip lining
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I took my husband on a surprise holiday for his birthday to Nicaragua.. and after much research I decided on this little Eco Lodge.. it was a perfect choice. The Lodge is beautifully situated over looking the Masaya lake and volcano... we even experienced an earthquake to add to the excitement.. nothing to worry about! What makes a vacation memorable is the experience.. and this one sure outdid itself.. The owner, JC and his manager Lionel are very hands on.. and go out of their way to make sure that your stay is everything you would expect. The staff is so helpful and quick to please.. Food is excellent and the flavors are wonderful.
Our casita was clean, comfortable and best of all had a sit out so if we needed some private relaxing time we could hang out there on the easy chairs and the hammock. The beds are comfortable and that was good.
Nicaragua is a beautiful unspoilt country . We appreciated the guidance and the help we got from Lionel as to where to go and where to eat good authentic Nicaraguan food.
Our suggestion to JC which we hope he is going to do... is please make sure that the directions are very clear on how to get to the Lodge.. The turn off at the Bus Station has now become one way.. so one can't turn there.. and to find the bus terminal itself is a challenge... The next big problem is that there is no sign for the hotel at the "rock passage" as I like to call it.. the natural reaction of the driver is to turn right as the cobbled road goes up .. no one would think that the path going through the rocks leads anywhere.. this is where we got lost and stayed lost for nearly an hour as we kept getting contradictory directions.. we didnt have a local phone so we couldn't call the hotel.. finally we just drove back to the main turn off from the road and called on our US phone and someone from the hotel came to guide us the last 1.5km !!
Other than the confusing directions... This is the place to stay at if you are visiting Nicaragua and want to have a restful, comfortable and enjoyable holiday.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travellovertx59
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We spent a weekend here recently and were SO glad we did. The property is amazing, and it really does seem to be perched at the "door to the heavens." The grounds were immaculate, and the casitas are private, clean and nicely decorated. The common spaces are welcoming and have beautiful views. Every meal was delicious and beautifully presented, and the mojitos are the best in all Nicaragua.JC and Leonel were helpful and available, and full of stories and suggestions. They even took us and some staff in to town one night to a local music club which we might not have done on our own, but thoroughly enjoyed. We appreciated JC's concern for the welfare of his staff as well as for our enjoyment.We would LOVE to return one day, and would highly recommend this property to friends (and fellow trip advisor users.)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JoodeSanDiego
Reviewed April 8, 2014

The people, the food, and the view......ahhhhh. The owner, JC, and his assistant, Lionel are absolutely wonderful. They and the entire staff were all very attentive, friendly, helpful, and fun! I was traveling with a very social group and we enjoyed all the other travelers and staff. If you want time to yourself, there is plenty of cozy areas to "chill" or read a book with the ambiance being beyond words.
The food was fresh and fabulous. Many pictures were taken of the beautifully prepared dishes. We enjoyed the volcano tour and the zip-lining was great!
The pool was just the right temperature and they had very comfortable gravity lounge chaises.
I actually found out that I was short 2 days of medicine and JC made an outstanding effort to provide them for me. I was so appreciative of his sincere concern and action.
I cannot imagine having any better place to enjoy a vacation!
Suzan USA

Room Tip: My friend and I had a regular room, which was the closest to the dining/bar area. Right outside of our room was a very comfortable sitting area with a beautiful view. The people we traveled with had a Casita which was lovely-lots of room, private outdoor shower, and a nice area off the back with chair and hammock. Our had very comfortable beds and was always cleaned by staff.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 4, 2014

What a tremendous trip! I've done many cruises, trips to Costa Rica and Europe, and this was hands down the best! The staff were so very attentive to each of us and our needs and desires. I really liked the fact that the capacity of the Hacienda is only 22. We enjoyed meeting and talking with people from New York, San Diego and Canada. The feeling of family was paramount. Leonel and JC are always available for information and explanations of their beloved country of Nicaragua. The view from anywhere at the Hacienda is breath taking. I often just stared at the beauty of the volcano, hills, lagoon and flowers and plants there. I think this is the closest I've ever been to heaven! Leaving for a tour was a tough decision. It often met we would miss a meal, and they were something to behold.! Each and every meal was fantastically delicious, and the presentation gorgeous!! For example, when rice was served with the meal, it wasn't just plopped on the plate (like it is at my house!), it is put in a flower mold and then emptied onto the plate. Beautiful!! I would definitely go back there in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Just returned from several days at the Hacienda. JC and his staff were wonderful. very accommodating and completely personalized service. Leonel took us on tours each day of the surrounding area -- including Granada and nearby volcanoes,. Great combination of outdoor adventure and luxury accommodations. The food at Hacienda was incredible!

Room Tip: Casa Linda is wonderful -- great view with wonderful patio and direct access to the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple