“Beautiful location, wonderful people, delicious food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Eco Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Masatepe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oakland, California
“Beautiful location, wonderful people, delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hacienda for just two nights and it was really not enough. Luis was a super gracious host and went out of his way to make sure that we were comfortable and happy. Because an earthquake had damaged the pool, he look us to the Laguna de Apoyo where we swam, lounged, and ate all the day long. The food was delicious--it felt as though we were getting the best versions of the most celebrated dishes in the region. The staff was incredibly accommodating and easy to communicate with. My main recommendation is to stay there for more than two nights!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Helen L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Manasquan, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Can't say enough of the beauty ,and friendly staff at puerta de ciello. Would go back in a minute , food was excellent ,rooms were beutifull and spacious,it's a winner. Louise the owner is very accommodating ,he can't do enough for you, anything you ask of him he will try to do for you.

Room Tip: All rooms are beutifull,
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Bill2277
Manasquan, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I went to Nicaragua with 4 friends. Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo was to be our 2nd stop for one night. When we arrived it was clear on our arrival that one night just wasn't going to cut it. Luis' welcome along with the incredible view convinced us all that we needed to stay 2 nights. I have no doubt that we would have stayed longer had we not had reservations at another hotel in Granada.

Thank you so much Luis, Oscar, Mario and Jasema. Everyone went above and beyond. The food was incredible! You must get a massage while you're there! The BEST! Luis was so informative and made sure we had everything we needed. Oscar was right there to help with whatever we needed.

You won't be disappointed in anything. The views, food, service, rooms, birds and flowers were all amazing.

Thank you again everyone!!
Denver & Christine

Room Tip: Any room you choose will be great!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Christine W
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Spent our honeymoon at the Hacienda and it was all we could have hoped for and more. We felt the entire time like we were visiting with old friends and were treated like members of the family. The location, food and experience was wonderful. The friendliness and attitude of the entire staff was the highlight of the trip. We took a couple of the day excursions and recommend them highly. We can't recommend the resort highly enough and will definitely return to see our friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mike C
DFW , TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I will not ever be able to describe what a wonderful experience we had and how gorgeous this property is within this review, but I am going to try to give you everything you need to be confident in booking this hotel for your next trip. I have broken down into categories because I have a feeling this review is going to be long, there is so much wonderful to say!!
LOCATION: First off, do not be concerned about the location (I had a hard time finding Massatepe on the map and thought it to be very remote) the hotel is remote and tucked away but is close to everything, this is the perfect location surrounded by many things to do. Anyone wanting to visit the several volcanos around the area, Granada day trips, coffee plantations, zip-lining, lagoons/lakes, and many unique towns with great shopping are all convienient. I will warn though once you get to the resort you may not want to leave to do any of that....the views, luxury, and the staff are like none I have experienced!
HOST: You are given the 'royal' treatment from the moment you are picked up from the airport, Luis was the most gracious host and a wealth of knowledge, his English is perfect (he lived stateside for many years) which can be helpful if your Spanish is not so great. His only concern was to make your stay perfect! I feel like a member of the family and will definitely be going back to visit.
ACCOMMODATIONS: The accommodations are of a luxury hotel in the States (this is not so commen to find in Nicaragua) HOT beautiful showers with the rain head as well as a handheld shower (options are nice:-) the shower was equip with shampoo, conditioner and soap (again not as commen with hotels in Nica), a stocked refridgerator in the room, we had the Casa Linda with a full jacuzzi tub (not sure how many rooms offer that), a ceiling fan (the first we had seen in our travels in the country) and a nice cold AIR CONDITIONER (again not commen, many places have them but to have one that keeps you cold is great). The design of the rooms is perfect, we did not even use the AC unit except one night because the air flow in the room was perfect for cross-ventilation full length window doors which were screened surrounded us on three sides of the very spacious room. Two sinks and a huge counter space to set all your stuff (things taken for granted in the states but nearly unheard of in most Nica hotels). Oh and I forgot to mention the King size bed, and very nice linens made for our most comfortable nights sleep!
PROPERTY: This room was very private, our own outdoor shower surrounded by flowers, a beautiful deck with comfy chilling chairs and a big enough for two people hammock to louge on. The pool on the property was also very unique, with a swim-up bar and shallow lounge area if you just wanted to cool off, all with a beautiful view of the lagoon and volcano. The property is surrounded by plants and flowers adding beauty and privacy, the attention to every little detail is obvious throughout the resort, not only the efficient and private layout, but the beautiful locally made pieces throughout the property including furniture and decor, it's just perfect, so much time and care was taken to make it perfect!
SERVICE: The size of this resort added to the experience so much as well, it feels very private accommodating a max of 14 guests I believe, which adds to a personal warm feeling. Luis made sure any and every need we had was met, right down to my special request for my boyfriend liking RedBull to start his morning (not even sure where he found it, I had not seen in the country anywhere). All of the staff were so warm and welcoming wanting to make sure everything was just right, and every request met happily with no expectations of anything in return. We spent New Years here and Luis made sure to have wonderful entertainment for us, with talented dancers showing off the many regional dances, so entertaining. When midnight came the view was amazing seeing fireworks for an hour and a half from 3 neighboring towns, it was nothing short of incredible!
FOOD: ummm, YUM! I am self-admittedly a bit of a 'food snob' I love to cook and am told I am very good at it, so I believe I am harder to impress! Every meal that we had while at the Hacienda was nothing short of excellent (thank you Mario)!!! Everything is extremely FRESH, and so DELICIOUS, with a beautiful presentation, such a wonderful representation of the culture as well!!
In short, I cannot think of a single bad thing about this experience (rare,right) the entire team at the Hacienda is dedicated to your 100% happiness and satisfaction and it is very evident! This is a must stay place, the resort that you will forever compare other resorts to, and worth every penny, I just wish I was writing this review from the Hacienda!! (oh and by the way they do have very good WIFI in the commen areas). We will definitely be back (which is un-commen for us because I like to explore different place typically) but this place breaks the mold and is an exception to that rule! I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND staying at this resort, in fact I would travel to Nicaragua specifically to stay at the Hacienda Puerto del Cielo again, it was an amazing place and an awesome experience!

Room Tip: Casa Linda is the suite we stayed in and had private access to the pool, really neat I had never see...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
12 Thank MissElizabeth8-D
jcespinosa, Owner at Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Eco Spa, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear MissElizabeth8-D:

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such a well detailed review. I know that future guest would appreciate your efforts.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our little piece of Paradise and hope to see you in the future with friends and family!
Playa del Rey, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

The Hacienda captures the essence of beauty and peacefulness. The staff became family. Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo is the place to stay if looking for beautiful views, quiet, great food and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Any of the casitas are excellent. If you like to swim, the one with access to the pool from your pat...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank BestBunch
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is a special hotel. The situation is incredible....mountain/volcano/lake views, great bird life, slight elevation so no need for air con. Our room was great - huge, well appointed and led directly into the wonderful swimming pool. The food is excellent and your host, Luis, is most accommodating and very knowledgable and friendly. I would definitely stay here again, and I would definitely extend my stay to more than the 2 short days we had. If you want night life, clubs and fancy things....don't come here. If you want peace, quiet, isolation and stunning surroundings, then this is the place for you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ericthebee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Masatepe
Jicaro Island Ecolodge Granada
#2 of 4 in Isletas de Granada
Hotel Colonial
Hotel Colonial
#7 of 43 in Granada

Been to Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Eco Spa? Share your experiences!