Madera's Inn(Masaya)
$55
$137
$89
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $100/night.

Hotel La Mar Dulce(Granada)(Great Value!)
$57
$78
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewshacienda puerta del cielomasaya volcanoother guestsactive volcanocloud forestthe owneroutdoor showerzip liningtour guideevery mealbeautiful countryhoneymoon suiteeco lodgeoff the beaten pathdirt roadone of a kindnatural beauty
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This place is just a dream come true. You will go back. There is no words to really describe how u feel once you get there. I was there for my birthday. It was a private party w family and friends. Service was awesome,food was delicious,and peacefull. Go you won't regret it!!

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Lating14
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Yes it does at Hacienda Puerta del Cielo. What a charming lodge, with its "murales lindos", the breathtaking view and the Espinosa brothers and staff as the perfect hosts. Although I had only two days in Nicaragua, I enjoyed my stay and tour to the Mouth of Death (together with all Misses of Latin America), Masaya and Managua tremendously. Stop the stress, relax at this Hacienda and enjoy the unprecedented Nicaraguan hospitality and the best native breakfest ever! Muchimas gracias de tu buen amigo, Aldo

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Aldo503
Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife and I just returned from a wonderful week-long stay at Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo. We decided to book at this hotel based on the reviews, and to be quite honest, the reviews simply do not do this place justice. It is for this reason that I am writing my first review here on Trip Advisor.

The property is simply breathtaking!!! The scene includes views of the active Volcano Masaya, which had just erupted (but the hotel is more than a safe distance). From the hotel you could also see Laguna de Masaya. The grounds were also very colorful with beautiful flowers and plants. We hope to upload some photos later, but first we need to sort through more than 1,000 photos.

The staff is top notch. You feel like family at this resort. Luis is the manager of the property. On our first day there we were fortunate enough that some of his friends gathered at the resort. They grilled the most amazing meal and invited us to join. The food was simply superb, and the conversations were great. The staff went above and beyond to ensure that our every request was met. Juan Carlos (the assist manager, not Luis' brother) was our go to, and made sure that we were as happy as a tamale. Erik, Oscar, Josema and the rest of the staff were great!

My wife and I were visiting Nicaragua to select a site to build a community center. When Luis found out he spent many hours talking to us about the idea. He helped us select some potential cities and even let Juan Carlos accompany us as a guide and translator. It is this kind of personal touch that makes this the best resort ever!

My wife and I went on 3 excursions. While we had wanted to visit Volcano Masaya, the recent activity didn't allow us to venture up there so I can't give feedback for that. Our first trip was to the colonial city of Granada. It was a great introduction to Nica heritage and culture. We visited this city on our second day, and I would recommend visiting it early to be introduced to Nicaragua. On this trip we visited the town square's major cathedral and went up the bell tower and saw an expansive view of the entire city. From there we took a historical pottery museum tour as well as a short Cocoa museum tour. we also visited the San Fransisco Monastery, now being used as a museum to show the history of Granada. Luis was our private tour guide for the day and took us to a great restaurant and then to the water's edge where we took a boat tour of the little islands. Such an incredible mixture of wealthy second homes and and poor fishing villages along this tour. There was even an island just for five monkeys, I would recommend bringing along some fruit to feed the monkeys that live on the little islands. Our second trip was to Mombacho. We zip-lined through the trees (worth it even if you are afraid of heights like I am), hiked through the cloud forest, visited a coffee farm, and saw the Volcano Mombacho. It was truly breathtaking! Our third trip was a first for the resort. Luis and Rebecca, his kind girlfriend, accompanied us to the National Theater. There we watched a traditional folklore performance including traditional dance. It was awesome!

My wife and I also enjoyed the spa package. The massage therapist was friendly, but the massages were much lighter than what we are accustom to.

Another comment on the service of the Hacienda, my wife has multiple food allergies and necessary dietary restrictions. Before our stay, Luis sent us a letter requesting to know of any preferences as well as allergies, because of this, my wife was able to eat fantastic meals and not worry about eating something that would make her sick. They went above and beyond to ensure her food needs were met and during the stay even accommodated taking time to teach her how to make traditional corn tortillas from scratch!

A little advice, as we were there during rainy season, it is important to bring umbrellas and rain coats. As we departed, we left ours with other guests at the resort. Also, the frogs can be loud, and are enormous, but don't be alarmed. The road up to the resort is a dirt road through jungle and rolling hills, and is heavily affected by the rain. I was happy that we didn't have to drive up and down that road. The last piece of advice is to remember that Nicaragua is the second poorest country in the western hemisphere. You will see people living in poverty that is unimaginable. On the other hand, these are some of the proudest and friendliest people we have ever met. While they may look at you with a sour face if you wave and say hello the will greet you back with the biggest smiles.

We simply can't sing enough praise for Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo. It lives up to its name which is roughly translated as "pieces of heaven". If you have a chance, please visit this place and get the rest and relaxation that you deserve.

~The Molaro Family

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MolaroFamily
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Don't be put off by the distance from the airport, or the road leading into the hotel....It's all part of the adventure that takes you to an amazing petite resort, where you will be treated like a part of the family. Service is better than amazing-----They even adapt their menus to meet your food preferences! Your Casita will be clean, comfortable and with an incredible view of the lake and Volcan Mombacho beyond. The day tours are well worth the money as Luis and his staff personally take you wherever you want to go and adapt their trips to your personal interests. An easy recommendation to write-- Book today, if you are seeking that rare combination of relaxation and adventure. You will be so happy you did.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank SDDVT
Reviewed May 19, 2012

The Hacienda is wonderful and unique experience. You are in the jungle back a very rough road but with every amenity available. You'll have a great, clean room and pool and public areas as large those at resorts with far more than the 6 rooms at the Hacienda. The view of Masaya Volcano and lagoon is beautiful. You can watch the birds pass through in the morning and afternoon. JC and Luis make sure you have everything you need to enjoy your stay. They went out of their way to accommodate my husbands dietary needs. Go for a walk with Oscar or Noel and Pancho the dog. It's a work out but worth it to experience Nicaragua first hand. Nicaragua is beautiful and so are the people. This was a real treat.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple