All reviewsmade us feelmy sonchillinice placea great experiencesteveclimbmendozaaconcaguaridehospitalityplazadishesscratchtransportdecembertents
Reviewed February 3, 2014

After coming down from Aconcagua tired and hungry was given a very warm welcome by the owner Stephen, he looked after us so well, fed and watered us out of the kindness of his heart and it is something I will not forget. As I did not summit Aconcagua on this trip I will return and stay in this hotel for my 2015 trip and look forward to another 'cool bottle of heineken'.
Thanks a million Steven drinks on me next time! Ken from Ireland

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank kenneth f f f
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed at the Ayelen before and after climbing Aconcagua. The rooms are large and comfortable, very quiet. Hot water is consistent and free flowing. The best part of this hotel is the food. Every meal was excellent. Service and staff and really cool. You will have a nice time at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Pretty cool hotel. Steve the owner is a 1st class guy. He will go out of his way to make sure your stay goes well. He even drove me to the Aconcagua mountain road.
The cast and crew of the movie "seven years in tibet" with brad pitt stayed there while shooting at the nearby aconcagua mountain.
Restaurant has good prices especially for being so isolated from supplies. The steak I had was surprisingly one of the best I have ever had!
If you're having trouble deciding between las leñas and penitentes like i was, i would go with penitentes.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Kbol5439
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My Husabnd and I are backpacking, and we decided to check out the skiing here. We got on a bus from Mendoza without any reservations, and are so happy we ended up at Ayelen Hotel. Our room was clean and cosy, food was excellent, all the staff are brilliant, and Steve the owner really helped us out a lot- especially as our Spanish isn't up to scratch! Would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rebecca m
Reviewed July 25, 2013

For a sportsday in the Andes Mountain, this hotel offers the best of what it can offer. That's why I put an excellent even if its an old Hotel, built in 1989 and with the standards of this time. The managers do a huge effort to keep up the facility with a surprisingly excellent kitchen, warm service and personalised guestrelation. You feel very welcome. There is a bether water pressure than in lots of other hotels down in Mendoza and the rooms are clean and warm. If you ski for the first time in your life, or only if you are an experienced skier, Penitentes is actually a secret spot to exercice and enjoy the mountains. As the managers already started to refurbishing, and redecorate the rooms, I am sure this Hotel, with this team will continue to deliver a good experience in the mountains and make Penitentes a visit worthy place. The price is justified knowing about the complication of getting all needed qualified staff, food supplies and maintenance that mountain spots requires.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends