“Wonderful find!”
Review of Zarinas

Zarinas
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Kettlewell
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Zarina's is a traditional tearoom, which serves good quality local and homemade food. we are very popular with cyclists and have been voted no1. cafe by Wharfedale Wheelers for the past 4 years. We also cater for walkers as we are on The Dales Way. We have seating inside and out. We cater for Gluten free, dairy free and vegetarian alongside our menu. Friendly atmosphere with no background music.
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Out enjoying a drive through the Dales on a beautiful autumn day, we called into Zarina's for a late morning coffee....the menu was so tempting we decided to stay for lunch instead! We weren't disappointed! All our meals were delicious and portions were generous. The cakes were too good to miss - we had the lemon & coffee cakes and both would have impressed Mary Berry! In addition to the luscious food, the friendly welcome and chat meant we were reluctant to leave - and we'll certainly return next time we are in the area. Highly recommended.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

In Wharefdale lies the picturesque village of Kettlewell, it has been on the travel map for centuries, with many stories of the torturous journeys made back in the days of horse drawn coaches. Until the 19th century a center for lead mining it is now farming and tourism, and one of the tourist delights is Zarina's a traditional tea room with B&B accommodation. Situated in quiet Middle Lane it caters to the many tourist, local, and from all corners of the globe. The menu is simple but varied and one will find something to satisfy your appetite from just tea and cookies, to soups,sandwiches, cakes and great hot dishes.
The village is popular year round, and the media exposure from the movie Calendar Girls which was filmed locally has no doubt added to the tourist traffic, but it has not spoiled it in any way.
Zarina's fits superbly into the landscape and ambiance of the village, the perfect place to relax and re charge.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Good coffee, cakes and great home-made soup. We were made welcome in a pleasantly informal Worth going into Kettlewell to find. A Dales gem!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

OK now I must be honest and say that I know Zarina... but I wouldn't have posted this review if I didn't think the café was a fab place to eat.

I enjoyed a ploughman's lunch that was great - I just wish I'd had room to have a piece of the lovely looking home made cake too - alas my lunch was just too filling! Still, its a good excuse to go back in the near future.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

During a recent day out in the Yorkshire Dales, I came upon Kettlewell and after a little wonder around the village, settled on Zarinas for a light bite. Enjoying the last warm rays of the summer sun I opted to sit outside the front, there is a garden in the back, which is accessed via the kitchen, but it didn't look very pleasant, a little unkempt.
Wanting something more than just a regular sandwich, but not as hearty as their baked potatoes or chilli, I opted for a pot of tea and a bacon/egg sandwich,with salad cream (don't knock it until you've tried it). My order arrived in very good time, the waitress was very pleasant and efficient and I was delighted to see a lovely big tea cup, instead of the tiny ones you get used too, I drained the pot of additional hot water for my tea with any problem. The bacon was delicious and the egg was cooked to perfection, just runny enough to spill out of the sandwich (actually it was a wholemeal roll), for mopping up towards the end. It's obvious that this is a tearoom that uses quality products, as it was definitely reflected in the food I ate.
All in all I enjoyed my visit and I look forward to returning the next time I'm in the area and indulge in one of their many tempting looking cakes.