“I would recommend staying at Ard nahoo it is a beautiful peaceful place”
Review of Ard Nahoo

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dromahair
Ard Nahoo
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in one of the bigger cabins with four kids and it was very comfortable with plenty of room for us all. We had a fantastic four days i Sligo and loced coming back to our cabin where it was unbelievably quiet and peaceful , other than the four kids we brought with us of course. I would Highly recommend Ard Nahoo.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Reuben O
There are newer reviews for Ard Nahoo

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I am a newby to writing a review on trip advisor, just as I was a newby to yoga on this wonderful retreat to Ard Nahoo. Noeleen was such a fantastic yoga teacher, it didn't matter that I was a novice in a class of more experienced people. The cabins are cozy, the air is pure, the detox food was surprisingly filling. All in all a great experience. If you are doing the detox, I would recommend you follow Noeleen's advice of starting your detox at home by cutting out caffiene. I didn't, which mean I had a headache for most of my stay in Ard Nahoo, but I still enjoyed every minute of it. Total relaxation!

Room Tip: If you don't want to share a room, ask for a single supplement. It never crossed my mind that I...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sandra B
noeleenx, Owner at Ard Nahoo, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thanks Sandra, it was such a pleasure having you all here. We had a wonderful weekend hosting the detox retreat, and are so glad that you enjoyed your time, despite the headache!

Good point about the single rooms. Tto anyone reading this I should say that Sandra was on one of our Yoga and Detox Retreats, which is a scheduled break running at certain times throughout the year. On these breaks, all meals, activities etc are included, and cabins are shared. If you're coming on a self catering basis, then your cabin is your own.

Thanks again Sandra and hopefully we'll see you again!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Down a country lane, with views of nearby hills and woodlands, this beautiful corner of Co. Leitrim is a great place to relax and unwind...
Kitchen is well kitted out, group of 6, we cooked every meal at the cabin and every utensil, plate, cup and spoon we needed was there...
Lovely big dining table and relaxing area beside the pellet stove was perfect.
Some great walks nearby and lovely pub in the nearby village.
A weekend in Feburary was spend chatting and relaxing in the warm cosy cabin, however a summer weekend break would be amazing too.... as there was also outside space that would be lovely.
Would recommend the cabins anytime of the year.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Conor105
noeleenx, Owner at Ard Nahoo, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thanks a million for the review Conor, great to have you all and we're so glad you had a good weekend.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

The eco huts are all amazing and need to be seen to be appreciated. Thank you guys for the yoga workshop.
We thoroughly enjoyed it and special thanks to Noleen for the terrific energy she brought to the yoga class. It was a great stay.

Definitely be back. :-)

Danny

• Stayed: January 2013
noeleenx, Owner at Ard Nahoo, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thanks a million Danny, glad you loved the Eco Cabins! Hope we'll see you again.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Ard nahoo is hidden away in co.Leitim. We booked the couples retreat so got our own eco cabin plus lots of extra add ons. The staff are great and really make you feel welcome and at home here. We got a neck and back massage from Nicola and did a yoga class with Noeleen which were both amazing. The food by Maria was delicious, highly recommended we put ours in the oven then went for a dip in the hot tub. Really want to go back for one of the yoga retreats, or would be great for a hen party.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank The_Mc_Rach
noeleenx, Owner at Ard Nahoo, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thanks so much for your review! It was a pleasure having you here and we're glad you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully we'll see you again!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had a wonderful time in this hidden oasis in Co. Leitrim. The cabins were warm and comfortable and we felt very welcome there. The eggs that were left for our breakfast were the best I have ever tasted!We were given really clear directions so could enjoy the local walks confident about finding our way back home. We opted to cook for ourselves and made good use of the local supermarket. Next time we will be sure to avail of Maria's cooking.
It was a thoroughly delightful experience to sit in the hot tub while being in the wildness of unspoilt Co. Leitrim. I look forward to returning sometime.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Finn62
Reviewed March 20, 2011

From the moment I checked into my Eco Cabin and discovered the home made bread in my kitchen still warm from the oven beside the freshly laid hen's eggs I knew I was in a special place.
Noeleen my hostess & the owner of Ard Nahoo is a very special woman. Not only does she run almost singlehandedly this wonderful health farm, she is also a full time mum of 2 pre teenage boys, yoga instructor for the farm (& local neighbours) & natural therapist with a string of qualifications after her name...
I arrived from busy intense London Monday afternoon leaving my job, husband and 2year old behind so that I could reconnect with mind & body and afford myself complete peace for a personal retreat.
Ard Nahoo was everything I imagined.. isolated with stunning views over Loch Nahoo & the surrounding Leitrim countryside. Infra-red sauna & Hot tub outside just waiting for me to indulge in. Noeleen had provided me with yoga welcome pack on arrival so that I could practice in the privacy of my cabin or prepare for the classes on the following days.
There are several guided walks at your disposal around this beautiful place also documented in your welcome pack including one to the Isle of Inishfree so you can lose yourself in Yeats poetic magic.
Personal service is paramount here.. Noeleen & Nicola ( excellent therapist also) strive to ensure you have everything at your disposal and your agenda is tailored to who you are and what you need during your personal retreat.
Organic vegetarian evening meals can be pre-ordered from Maria ( local chef) so cooking is effortless & very tasty I can assure you.
After 48 hours I felt I had re-connected with myself again and had the energy to climb mountains... Thank you Ard Nahoo for giving me the peace I craved.. I will certainly return for at least an annual fix...

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank LondonMot
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dromahair
Castle Dargan
#4 of 8 in Sligo
Ardvarney Country Lodge
Ardvarney Country Lodge
#1 of 2 in Dromahair

Been to Ard Nahoo? Share your experiences!