“Nice place to have fun with friends and enjoy drinks”

Casa Bacardi Visitor Center
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Catano
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Learn about the past, present and future of the world’s most awarded rum and Spirit. Relive the history and see how Bacardí evolved from being a small rum manufacturer to becoming the Untamable Spirit that it is today. Conoce el pasado, el presente y el futuro del ron y el espíritu más premiado del mundo. Revive la historia y aprende cómo Bacardí evolucionó de ser un pequeño fabricante de ron para convertirse en el Espíritu Indomable que es hoy.
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I visited Casa Bacardi with some friends and we had a lot of fun. First we had a drink at the reception center and we got to enjoy the view and take some nice pictures. Then we took the tour and learned a bit about the rum history. After that, we did the mixology experience and got to prepare 3 drinks (and have them too!). Finally we toured the store and I loved all the Bacardi items there. If you’re in PR, don’t hesitate to try this.

Zahíli J, Marketing at Casa Bacardi Visitor Center, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

Thank you for this great review, Minell P! I’m so glad you guys enjoyed our rum paradise and the Mixology Tour. Now you are expert mixologists! This is your Casa. I hope you visit us again!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,398)
All reviews
in 95 reviews
"learn how"
in 75 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Getting to Casa Bacardi is fairly easy via ferry from San Juan ($1 round trip); then a $3 pp taxi to their location. The tour starts a complimentary Bacardi drink in a souvenir glass. Bartenders are very nice, but only 2 bartenders for at least 50-60 people on line meant a long wait so get there early!
The grounds are beautiful and there is a small window service food shop which sells empanadillas near the rest rooms which comes in handy if you've had a little too much rum!

1  Thank Sightseer273843

Thanks for your review! I'm glad you had fun during your visit.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The place truly was junky. It looks like an oil refinery and nothing is elegant. Most pleasant area was the bar. I did the rum tasting event. I didn't think I would get my money's worth. I did enjoy trying the rums, some better than others, and I did drink enough to get a mild buzz. I wish I downed all my leftovers, however. The "cathedral" of rum was cheesy as heck and not clean and insulting in a sense. Seriously, what the heck? A lot was mentioned about the bat logo, one of the dumbest logos ever. It reminds me of vanpires. The tour guide wasn't bad, sometimes entertaining but a little abrasive. I saved my welcome drink for after the tour. I do not think it even had alcohol in it. It was the worst mojito I ever had. No sugar was in it and the mint was not muddled. Terrible. So I bought a coco loco drink in coconut. It was good. I had two. Then I needed a cab to my hotel. I chatted with cabbies for a while. A guy said I could get a ride for a dollar. Really? He tried to drop me off at a bus stop in opposite direction of hotel. I said no. He charged $15. I payed but said to him "vaya con dios no el diablo". Only decent thing was he returned my cell phone I lost apparently in cab.

Zahíli J, Marketing at Casa Bacardi Visitor Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We’re very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit. Most visitors find our property beautiful, and the tours educational and fun. The historical building (the “Cathedral of Rum”) is our distillery that has been operating since 1958. We regret that your overall experience wasn’t positive. If you return to Puerto Rico, please get in touch and give us another chance. Best wishes and Salud!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The distillery was awesome! We took the mixology tour and it was totally worth it. Pace yourself as there’s lots to drink from . We choose to also bottle our own rum. Great experience very unique experience. They have light snacks there to hold you over. Take the ferry ⛴ from pier 2 you get to see the island in a different way. Buen provecho

Thank you! This is a great review! I’m so glad you enjoyed our rum paradise and the Mixology Tour. Now you are an expert mixologist! This is your Casa. I hope you visit us again!