“Fun Tour - Beautiful Location”

Casa BACARDI Puerto Rico
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Catano
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Learn about the past, present and future of the world’s most awarded rum and Spirit. Relive the history and see how Bacardí evolved from being a small rum manufacturer to becoming the Untamable Spirit that it is today. Conoce el pasado, el presente y el futuro del ron y el espíritu más premiado del mundo. Revive la historia y aprende cómo Bacardí evolucionó de ser un pequeño fabricante de ron para convertirse en el Espíritu Indomable que es hoy.
Reviewed September 5, 2018

Getting to Casa Bacardi is fairly easy via ferry from San Juan ($1 round trip); then a $3 pp taxi to their location. The tour starts a complimentary Bacardi drink in a souvenir glass. Bartenders are very nice, but only 2 bartenders for at least 50-60 people on line meant a long wait so get there early!
The grounds are beautiful and there is a small window service food shop which sells empanadillas near the rest rooms which comes in handy if you've had a little too much rum!

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank Sightseer273843
Zahíli J, Marketing at Casa BACARDI Puerto Rico, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2018

Thanks for your review! I'm glad you had fun during your visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,540)
All reviews
in 79 reviews
"short film"
in 50 reviews

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

The place truly was junky. It looks like an oil refinery and nothing is elegant. Most pleasant area was the bar. I did the rum tasting event. I didn't think I would get my money's worth. I did enjoy trying the rums, some better than others, and I did drink enough to get a mild buzz. I wish I downed all my leftovers, however. The "cathedral" of rum was cheesy as heck and not clean and insulting in a sense. Seriously, what the heck? A lot was mentioned about the bat logo, one of the dumbest logos ever. It reminds me of vanpires. The tour guide wasn't bad, sometimes entertaining but a little abrasive. I saved my welcome drink for after the tour. I do not think it even had alcohol in it. It was the worst mojito I ever had. No sugar was in it and the mint was not muddled. Terrible. So I bought a coco loco drink in coconut. It was good. I had two. Then I needed a cab to my hotel. I chatted with cabbies for a while. A guy said I could get a ride for a dollar. Really? He tried to drop me off at a bus stop in opposite direction of hotel. I said no. He charged $15. I payed but said to him "vaya con dios no el diablo". Only decent thing was he returned my cell phone I lost apparently in cab.

Date of experience: September 2018
Zahíli J, Marketing at Casa BACARDI Puerto Rico, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

We’re very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit. Most visitors find our property beautiful, and the tours educational and fun. The historical building (the “Cathedral of Rum”) is our distillery that has been operating since 1958. We regret that your overall experience wasn’t positive. If you return to Puerto Rico, please get in touch and give us another chance. Best wishes and Salud!

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

The distillery was awesome! We took the mixology tour and it was totally worth it. Pace yourself as there’s lots to drink from . We choose to also bottle our own rum. Great experience very unique experience. They have light snacks there to hold you over. Take the ferry ⛴ from pier 2 you get to see the island in a different way. Buen provecho

Date of experience: August 2018

Thank you! This is a great review! I’m so glad you enjoyed our rum paradise and the Mixology Tour. Now you are an expert mixologist! This is your Casa. I hope you visit us again!

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

If you love Rum and Bacardi is your favourite then you have to go here. Loved every minute of it. Three tours to pick, all are good. Free drink and glasses!

Date of experience: August 2018

Thank you very much for such a great review, Komal Y! I’m so glad you loved our rum paradise and all the experiences. I hope you visit us soon!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

Nice little set up when you get there. You buy tickets and get a coin for free drink and free cup. Drink was potent and great actually. Then they have some games for you to play while you wait for "tour" to start. Fun games actually we played giant connect 4. Then you get on team car thing and go for the "tour". This basically is one dark room where guide tells you some history which is interesting. Then you go to another room and see some cats of molasses. Tour over. No seeing distilarry or barrels of rum. We did the tasting also which was cool. But tour needed a little more to it. Overall glad I did this and the tour guide was dry but funny and informative.

1  Thank deanr743
casabacardi, Casa BACARDÍ at Casa BACARDI Puerto Rico, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2018

Dean r, I glad you found the tour informative and you got to play with the games available at the Bat Bar Pavilion. At the Historical Tour we offer a cocktail at our waterfront pavilion, and then a guided tour to explore the history of BACARDÍ rum. We have another tours available, such as the Rum Tasting Tour and the Mixology Class. I hope you visit us another time and experience another tour at your Casa BACARDÍ.