“Pleased with the results”
Review of Hotel Snagov Club

Hotel Snagov Club
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Snagov
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Ideal location for medium to big conferences and events in Bucharest.
I've been to many hotels and rarely I've found such a pleasant location, secluded yet easily reachable.
My company received a wonderful service from Snagov Club staff. Couldn't be more satisfied.
100% recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask at front desk and they will give you one of the rooms with nice view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Marius S, General Manager at Hotel Snagov Club, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Dear Ion,

It is a personal delight to know that you had thoroughly enjoyed the facilities and services of Snagov Club and that you were pleased with all the results. I am also very glad that our staff was able to offer you excellent services. Thank You very much for taking the time to write this review on Tripadvisor, it will be a great pleasure to have you back as our guest.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Snagov Club

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Great for long peaceful weekends. The setting is intimate and perfect for a romatic gateaway. Food is great, so is the pool and the extremly friendly staff. You need to drive or get a cab to the resort, but it's well worth it. The manager in particular is a friendly chap and happy to help

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I love everything about this place: the location, the nature, the service, the hotel, the restaurant! You get what you pay for :) My headaches go away almost instantly when I reach Snagov Club and it's really the perfect getaway from crowded Bucharest, which I can reach super fast (10 mins drive from the North). Strangely, this place is extremely relaxing and quiet even when it's full.

The rooms are very tastily decorated and large, you get slippers and a comfy bathrobe :)
The pool is quite large and the sun chairs are not annoyingly close to each other, there is also a nice pool bar for drinks (yummy smoothie! and ice coffee).
The restaurant is very good (gotta try their home made Cheesecake!), some dishes more expensive than others, you can eat reasonably priced, but you can also overdo it, depends on your budget. And any meal tastes much better if you take it by the lake!

And you might also encounter some of the local VIPs here, which is always fun to watch...

Thanks Snagov Club for the perfect moments I spend there :)

Room Tip: I love the rooms facing the pool (have stayed in two), so if you do not mind the occasional noise ca...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Marius S, General Manager at Hotel Snagov Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Dear Cristina,

Thank you for choosing Snagov Club for your recent stay. We are very glad that you were able to fully take advantage of our convenient location, our rooms and the merge that Snagov Club provides with the nature and it is a great pleasure to hear that your were fully able to relax with us. I appreciate very much the fact that you took your time to review us on TripAdvisor.
Additionally, I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant. The Snagov Club Team and I look forward to your return visit.

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Ideal for a medium size group, with great rooms, awesome conference space ON the lake. There is an external pool and even aome SPA facilities AND a game space.... 20'drive from Bucharest. If you rent the entire facility, you get the full attention and curtouzy of the staff....if not...not so much;) Food is ok'ish but the view is just vacantion like!!!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Iulia,

Thank You very much for your recent review on Snagov Club. It is a great pleasure to hear that you and you group have enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of the Spa, the pool and all the other facilities. It is a personal delight to hear that you were able to feel just like in a vacation, even though you were here on a business trip.
The focus of our team is on every single client entering the Club. According to our politics it really does not matter whether you have rented the entire club or just a room, every single client has to have the entire attention of every single member of the staff. I am sorry to hear that you have maybe felt different than that, but I am sure that on your second stay here we will sure be able to impress you with our services even more.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

My wife and I were looking for a place to spend part of a June long-week-end, close to Bucharest, at a location with a pool and of good quality. We finally decided on Snagov Club, to stay for one night and depending on how things went perhaps even a second one.
Getting to the Snagov Club is quite easy as there are numerous signs on the road and we had absolutely no problem. When we got there we parked the car and checked in (both the man handling the parking spaces and the girl at the check-in desk were very polite and helpful) and then went to our room to get changed, go to lunch and enjoy a sunny day by the pool.
We went to the restaurant, where we found that people were quite busy setting up the lake pavilion (which is next to the restaurant) for an event taking place that night. I have to say that this lake pavilion is extremely beautiful and in my oppinion would be an excellent venue for any event. We had lunch, which was quite pricey, but to be honest wasn't spectacular. I would have expected a bit more for the price we paid and for a 5 stars restaurant.
After lunch we hurried back to the room as the women's Roland Garros final was commencing and while my wife relaxed by the pool I was very eager to watch it. To my disappointment we had no access to the Eurosport channel in the room (even though it was present on the avalable channels list) and the TV was quite small (in my oppinion) - just 20" size. I know we got a regular double room and not the deluxe (which I got to see and which had a 24" or 26", I'm not sure), but for a 5 stars hotel as they claim to be this is a letdown. I went to the front desk to ask about this situation and met the hotel manager who happened to be there and who was a bit rude when I told him about it. I later found that it was nothing personal and that just seemed to be his (unappealing) personality, but to be honest, for the money we paid at this hotel I expected at least politeness and proactiveness when things didn't go right, especially from the hotel manager and especially since this is a 20 room hotel which was only about half or three quarters full. I know the event which took place in the evening and at night had some local celebrities involved, but I don't think that's any reason for him to make me feel like an intruder at the hotel.
Anyway, all this seemed to be for the best as I watched the final on my laptop, by the pool. I have to say that the WiFi connection is available almost everywhere and is quite speedy. But again, strangely enough, in our room the signal was too weak for either our phones or laptop to connect. This is another little aspect that shouldn't be present in a 5 stars hotel.
The pool is nice and there are plenty of comfortable sunbeds arround it, so this is a plus.
In the evening we had dinner at the restaurant again and while again the food was not spectacular, the restaurant staff was very nice even though they also had to attend to the event at the lake pavilion. But I did notice that bringing the food took a while and this had happened at noon as well and it would happen the next day at breakfast and lunch also, so it wasn't due to the event. Speaking of breakfast, it's not a buffet, but you do get to choose between 4 types of breakfast - we chose traditional Romanian breakfast over French, Continental and English - and it's quite good.
After dinner we went for a little walk (not much else to do) and then retired to the room. This is another time when a larger TV would have been nicer.
The next day we decided we weren't going to stay the extra night, but they were kind enough to allow us a late check-in and an extra couple of hours by the pool.
The standard double room we had was of decent size (not too much by any means) and the bathroom was nice. Another strange thing however was the fact that the hot water wasn't actually hot but rather warm so there was really no need to also turn on the cold water when we took a shower. On the other hand, as a nice plus, the room had all the little amenities that a quality hotel should have (bath robe, slippers, shaving kit, toth brush kit, shower cap, etc.). The bed was also very comfortable and I really enjoyed the pillows which were excelent.
All in all, after our experience with this hotel I would rate it as a very solid 4 stars hotel by any standard in Europe, but there are still those little things which I noted and which in my oppinion keep it from being an honest solid 5 stars hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Marius S, General Manager at Hotel Snagov Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Mitza 63,

Thank you very much for your feedback and for the fact that you have shared your experience in such a detailed manner. We appreciate a lot the fact that you took so much time to write about your experience while we had the pleasure to have you as our guest at Snagov Club. It saddens me that we were not able to make your stay a perfect one and that were some parts in your vacation, in which we were not able to provide you a unique experience.

We are happy that it was easy for you to find the way to Snagov Club and also we are glad that you enjoyed our facilities, especially the Lake Pavilion which is the newest construction on the site. I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations in regards to the food, there are certain periods during the summer in which we are very busy and therefore the waiting time is slightly longer than usually.

We are currently looking into the TV cable provider issue you had faced and hope to implement immediate improvements. We know that for the moment the cable provider is not able to reissue us immediate access to all the TV programs, but we received several promises that everything will work as usual soon. I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.
Please take my word that you as a guest were the most important aspect of our business and we do appreciate very much your visit. I personally talked today to the Hotel Manager regarding your chat and I assure you that he didn’t wanted in any way to offend you, or to make you feel other than the most important guest, as this is the way he tries to treat every single person that walks into the hotel. I do apologize for the misunderstanding and please believe me that he respects you and he didn’t intend in any way to offend you.

In regards to the Internet connection I must say that even if we have a very fast connection, sometimes, because of the wind, it may lose part of the signal in certain parts of the Resort, this being another technical aspect which we try to improve.
I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed the room, the bathroom amenities, the bed, the pillows and the breakfast.

Once again, I appreciate a lot the fact that you have shared your experience in such a detailed way, because such an feedback is helping us guide our decisions in an effort to provide and maintain the highest level of quality in both product and service. I will look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Snagov Club when it would be a great pleasure to meet you in person.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

The hotel restaurant was way too expensive to what they offer!
For the rest i have no time to spend 200 characters
To much bla,bla,bla.....for ***** 5(five!!!!) stars.No way!
The douche in the bathroom no works.....
And the WI-FI/Internet forget it!Not works.....in 5 stars Hotel.

“Definitely deserve a 4 stars,maximum”.

Room Tip: “Definitely deserve a 4 stars,maximum”.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I was looking for a five star hotel near Bucharest.
I spent two days with colleagues and expectations were fully met.
The restaurant is excellent, the staff's highly helpful.
The rooms are impeccably clean, the spa very well equipped.
In addition, the nature is spectacular.
I plan to return next year.

Room Tip: Ask for Marius, the general manager. He is very professional.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Ciprian,

Thank You very much for taking the time to write this review and for sharing this experience on tripadvisor.com.
It is a great pleasure to hear that you really enjoyed your stay at Snagov Club as for us our guests appreciation is the best team reward.
I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed the facilities of our club and that our greates ally, the nature of Snagov, was also able to accommodate you well.
It would be a great pleasure to have you back next year.

Kind Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Snagov
Vila 23
Grand Hotel Continental
Grand Hotel Continental
#14 of 169 in Bucharest
Radisson Blu Hotel Bucharest

Been to Hotel Snagov Club? Share your experiences!