“Average b&b with good sea views”
Review of Shaka's Seat

Shaka's Seat
Reviewed April 15, 2012

My family and I used this guest house for our Easter vacation. The location is good because of the proximity to the beach and the stunning sea views from the house. That's all that is good. The owner/ manager (Sandy) is a bit over bearing. She stays on the property and is very on your face the entire time. She stresses too much about security that she has rules that make guests feel like they cannot move around freely without her knowing. She also has pets (cat and dog) that she allows to roam around freely, they came into our cottage a number of times. The dog even poohed in our garden! Breakfast is not offered at all so you have to bring your own food or find a restaurant in the area. The house is not well stocked at all with most items looking a bit old. The kitchen is poorly kitted, and the beds aren't the most comfortable! If you have kids, be sure they can swim as the pool is not covered. Also another safety risk for young kids is the low parameter wall! This makes constant child minding a must.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Faddycat, Owner at Shaka's Seat, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

I always encourage prospective guests to go to the Shaka's Seat website and look through the photos, info and facilities that we offer. I think it clearly states "Self Catering". I like to believe, and judging by comments received, that each of our units are tastefully kitted out. The cottage has recently been revamped, including kitchen items, and the mattrass on the bed in the main bedroom is a Sealy Posturpaedic, which, as everyone knows, is a very good make! I also request guests to advise me if anything is lacking, which I will then happily sort out. The cottage does not have a garden, so where little Mango, my dog, (smaller than the cat) "poohed", I really don't know!! We ARE big on security at Shaka's Seat, as the welfare of my guests is of prime importance to me . . . . however, it certainly does not infringe on anyone's privacy. I tend to keep out of our guests' way, and ask them to please make contact with me should they require anything.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shaka's Rock
#1 of 12 in Salt Rock
Villa Jaime
Villa Jaime
#3 of 18 in Ballito

Been to Shaka's Seat? Share your experiences!