“Chill out with great food”

Kayla'a Beach Resort
Ranked #44 of 203 Bohol Province B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“Chill out with great food”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Kayla'a beach resort I was told had the best food on the Island, so I went to find out for my self. Not only was the food exceptional it has a ambience to match, With great see views. While their I asked to see some of the rooms and they are of a high standard. I also discovered it's where the X-Pat community like to hang out.
I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel
P.S. The best chilled out day I have had in years
An Irishman

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bluffton, SC
Reviewed July 10, 2013

At the time of our first stay I was engaged to a Filipina and we chose Jon’s place because it was small, away from crowds and affordable. Wow were we surprised at the great experience we had. We have since married and seriously considering retiring to Bohol. We plan to return to PH in about six month and will be staying at Kayla'a. We stayed in the room above the café and had a great view. The food in the resort is amongst the best we have had in the Philippines, Great value and the staff was friendly and prepared to help in any way. They helped arrange guides for various local trips. We loved getting our coffee at morning breakfast in French press. A highlight was going Dutch treat to dinner with Jon and his lovely wife. Again we plan on going back again, our highest recommendation, as we rarely go back to the same place twice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank migosurf
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed May 31, 2013

after a few nights of staying in panglao, we decided to book a resort away from the crowd. Resort was quiet and a good place to unwind and just relax. Staff was great as they are very attentive to our needs from the time we checked in. Welcome drinks were offered (choice of soda/beer), staff took our bags to our room and even opened the a/c already in our room while we finish our refreshments in the bar. We were also given free 30-min massage voucher upon check-in which we upgraded to a full hour massage. Room was comfortable and food was okay. As this is not near any other resorts, you will have take all your meals from their restaurant. Breakfast was included in our package and can be upgraded to a different viand for a price. they offer resort to airport transfers for P500, while panglao to this resort cost us P1200. Wifi is offered for free in the resort but is pretty much not working.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Cumbria, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here two years ago and were so impressed we planned to return. We were not disappointed as so much has improved from last time. We stayed in the sea Breeze room, just by the water and it really was like paradise. It has up to date fixtures and fittings, a very comfortable king size bed and large bathroom. The food in the resort is amongst the best I have tasted in the Philippines, and the Thai food was exceptionally good. All was excellent value for money, the staff are friendly and prepared to help in any way, and the availability of various trips out means those who do not just want to chill are catered for. The best part was sitting on our verandah in the evening listening to the sea, and breakfast on the beach area in the morning. Jon, the American owner does everything to make your stay enjoyable and relaxing. Reviewers are right there's only Internet access by a dongle, and it isnt close to the hot and noisy Tagbiliran, but then why would you want to be? We arrived grumpy and stressed and left feeling relaxed. We will go back again, our highest recommendation, as we rarely go back to the same place twice.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Surestar
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Kaylas beach resort is a beautiful little resort with very helpful staff and delicious food.

I choose to stay here for my last 3 nights in the Philippines and it was a perfect choice if you just want to relax.

I stayed in the seabreeze section, closet room to the water. I was so impressed when I opened the door, it is truly beautiful and pictures don't do it justice. I really loved the large shower area as well.

The beach isn't the type of beach you dream of when thinking of tropical paradise but if you just put in a bit of effort and swim out a bit, the ocean is just as great as anywhere else.

The pool is really nice, it is the perfect temperature and I enjoyed it day and night.

The best meals I had in the Philippines were at this hotel.

The staff goes out of their way to help you with anything you need. They are friendly, personable and very kind.

The downside of staying here is that there is no wifi, which is not their fault and something they are working on. Whenever I needed they would let me use the front desk computer. They also have USB internet for those with laptops.

Also, I think you could get much cheaper tours if you do your research before getting to the resort. I did the countryside tour and it was good and if I had a couple people with me it would actually be great value. I just happend to be on my own. The rate is 3000 for the day, but you also have to pay about an extra 1000 pesos for entrance fees and lunch. And this has nothing to do with the resort but I wouldn't recommend upgradding to the more expensive lunch on the river cruise, the food looked way better on the regular price buffet. I am thankful that the staff teamed me up with a couple to split the cost of the tour. Like I said, they are very helpful.

I would definitly stay here again but the one thing I would do differently is try to rent a car from the main city for the duration of the trip. You are literally in the middle of nowhere with no transportation options other then renting a scooter or car that the hotel arranges. Bohol is an easy place to drive.

I came here to relax but the adventurer in me rented a van to drive to Anda because I wanted a nicer beach. At the end of the day, I felt like it was a waste of time and money. I have no regrets because I got to see more of the island but I wished I saved the 2500 pesos and just enjoyed the beautiful sanctuary that is Kaylas Beach Resort.

I do highly recommend this hotel. I was travelling alone and they also have a nice selection of DVDs you can watch in your room at no cost.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Gypsy_Soul432
Bournemouth
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed here for a week it is a great place to chill. The staff really make this resort and look after your every need. However the accomodation could do with upgrading the washroom facilities in our room did not match the standard of the resort. The other downside was the resort does not accept credit cards only cash so a 40 minute roller coaster ride to town is required to draw cash ! Overall we had a good stay and found it very relaxing.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank happydaysBournemouth
Roeselare, Belgium
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We were looking for a quiet place and , after reading the reviews on the net , we decided to give it a try .... we found a gem !!!!! In our opinion the prices are really affordable and the service is perfect !!! I really want to congratulate the owner for having such a helpful and friendly staff , they really made us feel "at home" Thanks again !!!

Room Tip: We booked a "room with a view on the sea" and that is what you REALLY get ! If "Fit...