Lowest prices for your stay
$28
Free cancellation until 10/12/22
$62
Free cancellation until 10/15/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
$17
Free cancellation until 10/15/22
Hotels.com$62
Priceline$40
Travelocity$62
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is my second time stay in this hotel, because of it location close to the famous Night Blazaar in Chiang Mai. staffs are very friendly, they even upgrade one of our rooms.
i have my hand basin problem during my 1st day stay, between few minutes the maintenance staff came and fit it.
stayed 19/1 & 20/1/2013.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank lovetravel2315
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This hotel is reasonable. In line with most hotels in the area, it is not up to western standards, but it is clean and safe. BEWARE!! I tried to book this hotel on Agoda and it turned into a nightmare. My reservation for 3 nights that should have been around $200 (high season and holiday) was booked at $250 PER NIGHT I contacted Agoda.com within minutes of receiving the notification but they refused to fix it because the booking was listed as no refund no change. I mention it because Agoda insisted this was all the doing of the hotel. I had to get AMEX fraud involved to fix it. Agoda forwarded the emails from the hotel and there was blatant misinformation, whther intentional or poor record keeping I don't know. Overall the hotel is okay. Not great, not bad, but in my book they are not trustworthy.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Fatso_Bigguns
Reviewed December 30, 2012

A very good two star hotel trying hard to be an even better three star one. Not quite sure I would call it a "boutique" hotel as that term means more than just being small. I would say they are half way there. They have the lobby down, the rooms need a little more upgrading for my taste. If you can get past the fact they are on what seems to be almost a service road, they are in a great location. The service is outstanding, both the front staff and housekeeping. They have a full time activties counter on site, always a plus in Chiang Mai, and a restaurant. I found the breakfast underwelming (you can not serve chicken sausage every morning!, and milk should be served cold). I also didn't like the fact they don't have in room safes, that should be a must at any wanabee boutique hotel (they do have safe boxes at the front desk). The location and price alone should give one reason to book here, just keep in mind it is a two star hotel for a reason.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Edward V
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have been coming to Chiang Mai for a dozen years and I have always stayed at the Star. Rooms are the best. There is no other hotel in CM that can compete at their rate. Breakfast can be included, and it is prepared by chef and crew without the ingrediant MSG ( pronounced sai choo rod ). Wifi is offered, but this is their bane. I sometimes had to go out into the hallway to receive reception and they charge for this service, which, of course, it is not. I am working on that issue! Outstanding staff, constant security and a monster location in the middle of it all. My guess is when you stay here you will be stunned by the qualty, cleanliness and friendliness of property and staff. I would rate this hotel better than a 5 star, but there are a few aminities missing. Anyway, you get the drift...it's perfect

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pimo89107
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I actually stayed at the Star, Chiang Mai, by accident, believing it to be another hotel some 100 meters away. But what a pleasant surprise. Just off the busy Loi Kroh Road, tucked away behind larger and more imposing hotels, The Star is a haven of repose from the bustling city thoroughfares. The location is perfect, easy parking, the lobby was opulent and inviting, the staff friendly and welcoming. The room, though not vast was fine. Clean. with free gowns and toiletries. The bed was of a reasonable quality, so getting a good night's sleep wasn't a problem. Above all the star Hotel was roughly half the price I usually pay for central Chiang Mai. Excellent value, and I will be staying at this establishment again.

On the downside: The bathroom was way too small, and had windows to the bedroom which didn't yield itself to any privacy. There was free internet in the business center, for business center read two aging PC's that were beyond slow, which was disappointing. I think free wifi is essential these days in any hotel. I didn't eat in the restaurant, but a friend of mine who did said it was only average fare.

Overall 16/20

Room tip: I think the rooms are probably all ok. One directional tip however; It's not the easiest place to find. Turn right directly after The Centara Hotel on Loi Kroh Road, and it's tucked away about seventy meters along on the right hand side with parking in front of the building.
Date of stay: October 2012