“WEEKEND SPECIAL”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Newport
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“WEEKEND SPECIAL”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

As we were visiting family who live locally this wasn't our first visit but as ever we received a friendly welcome at reception. This area of the hotel seems to have improved and we were booked in smoothly and charmingly by the smiling receptionist. The room was ,as ever,just as we expected and excellent value for money. The only downside was not in the hotel but with the booking process because we tried to extend our booking before arrival and couldn't speak to anyone. I'd booked the original stay on line but couldn't alter that becaause we taken advantage of the great £29 offer which is fixed. Another tip for P/Inn is that your H/Inn Express rivals provide complimentary breakfast.

Room Tip: Try to avoid any room facing the A41 as the road can be noisy.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jayme M, Manager at Premier Inn Newport/Telford Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Newport/Telford Premier Inn. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were checked into the hotel smoothly and with charmingly. I shall pass your kind comments on to the team. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Newport/Telford Premier Inn in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I don't recommend that you use this hotel unless you are either travelling alone or are a celibate couple because the maid will totally disregard:
a) the 'do not disturb' sign on the door
b) a 'no thank you' call in response to a knock on the door
c) repeated calls of 'no' as the door is opened
and will still conspicuously poke her head around the door to see what it is you and your partner are quietly engaged in hours before check-out!
Furthermore when you complain to Travel Inn via their website, you will be ignored.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Whitbread-77, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Newport/Telford Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of customer service & I am sorry to learn that we failed on this occasion. Please be assured at Premier Inn we take the service provided to all our guests very seriously & we would like the opportunity to investigate this further. Please email your details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com & we will follow this up with our Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Typical Premier Inn with the expected warm welcome. Rooms clean and tidy as you would expect from Premier. Badly let down by the now overpriced menu (some items of food on the menu was not available) from the beefeater's Three Fish pub 30 yards away. Shame as last time we stayed it was great. Very large garden centre, aquarium and outdoor outlets to wander around all within 1 minute of hotel.

Room Tip: Even number room are quieter through the night
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Jayme M, Manager at Premier Inn Newport/Telford Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Newport/Telford Premier Inn. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I shall pass your kind comments on to the team. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Newport/Telford Premier Inn in the future.
Sandbach, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

During the course of the last year I have probably stayed at 10 or more Premier Inns so there are certain things that I've come to expect and to look forward to. The larger than average double bed is one of those things but sadly this Premier Inn did not have them. I checked with the staff and they confirmed that our room was the same as all the others in this hotel, so I know it wasn't that our room was different. The other priority for me is the parking facilities and again the width of the spaces seem less than generous in comparison to other Premier Inns and likely to induce a dent in your door from a less than careful driver.
We didn't eat at the attached Beefeater in the evening but had breakfast there and the service was very poor. We went for breakfast at around 9am and there was around 30 guests breakfasting with only 1 member of staff taking orders and serving the meals. She deserves high praise for coping with the demand and whilst she did her best it was impossible to do the job on her own and maintain any decent level of service.
On a positive note, all the staff at the hotel where as friendly and helpful as normal for Premier and the £39 cost excluding breakfast was a good deal.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here overnight on the way to another destination, this was to breakt he journey up, the room are fab for the price, got everything you need, the beefeater close by was great just a 30 second walk , the service was abit slow, but once we were seated and had our waitress we were very looked after, the food was good and it was a enjoyable experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Newton Aycliffe, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I can only confirm what a lot of other reviews state. Premier Inn is a great value hotel chain and this one at Newport/Telford is no different. Myself & my wife stayed for one night. The staff at reception were very friendly & checked us in efficiently & quickly. Room was clean & all the facilities were working. There is a main road close by but shutting the room's window blocks out the noise. The attached Beefeater opens at 6.30 for breakfast & offers a good selection of hot & cold food. There's quite a large garden centre right next to the hotel which opens at 9.00. We enjoyed our stay & would fully recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We were in room 15 which was on the ground floor & looked out on to the garden centre. We though...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our Premier Inn at Newport/Telford. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found your experience reflected the Trip Advisor comments about our hotel. We strive ourselves on delivering excellent customer service and high room standards, I am pleased to hear that the team achieved this during your stay and were friendly and efficient during check in. I will pass on your kind comments to all the team and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 25, 2012

As with virtually all the other reviewers of this hotel I have to say you know what you are going to get .... and you get it... and its good.
Even though we were on the ground floor the cars in the carpark did not disturb us and though the location is a little isolated Newport itself is only a few minutes away by car.
My only quibble was that my bedside light did not work and even though we stayed three days was never attended to.
I would be very happy to stay here again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Jayme M, Manager at Premier Inn Newport/Telford Hotel, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our Premier Inn at Newport/Telford. The Team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found your experience reflected the Trip Advisor comments about our hotel. I personally apologise that the your bedside light was not fixed during your stay, I can assure you that this has since been replaced and I am sorry for any inconvenience caused by this during your stay. I will pass on your comments to the rest of the team and we hope to see you in the not too distant future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport
Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge
The White House Hotel and Restaurant
Park Inn by Radisson Telford
Best Western Stafford M6/J14 Tillington Hall Hotel
Days Inn Telford Ironbridge M54
Buckatree Hall Hotel
Buckatree Hall Hotel
#4 of 21 in Telford

Been to Premier Inn Newport/Telford Hotel? Share your experiences!