“Waited over an hour”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Waited over an hour between starters and main. Good was good but we nearly left after 45 minutes due to wait.

1  Thank Boa03aje
The Aston N, Manager at The Aston taphouse, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Hello and thanks for visiting us on New Year’s Day. We are really sorry to hear that you had such a long wait for your food. We had problems in the kitchen that day due to printer failure, so unfortunately some orders were missed for a time. We are sorry that this error was not communicated to customers more effectively – this should have been handled better in hindsight. We’re glad you liked the food when it did arrive and promise that if you venture another visit, this will certainly not happen again!

All the best and Happy New Year

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Visited here on a Monday for Monday Madness(50% off all mains) as full price some dishes are quite pricey. I had the burger and chips (proper homemade chips), the boyfriend had the belly pork. Food was ready at the right moments and staff were friendly. We even had a pudding after each.The food was beautiful, we couldn't fault it and we will be going there again. My only criticism is the waiter forgot my wine when i asked for one and by the time i'd eat my pudding, i mentioned this to the waitress and just said can you make sure its not on our bill as its been 20 minutes and i hadn't received it.I shared my partners diet coke to wash down my pudding. I thought that might of been an apology but unfortunately there wasn't....but its water under the bridge and i'm over it!!!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We phoned on the off chance that we could get a table, got one in the bar, which was fine.
When we arrived we were shown to our table in the Restaurant (no complaints here). I ordered the large beef and pork dinner but asked for double beef as I wasn't feeling pork that day my partner opted for half a chicken.

It took around 20 minutes to come out, the meat was tender, veg was nice and firm and the gravy was out of this world, but the stars of the show were my Yorkshire pudding and my partners stuffing both for which there are no words.

We will be returning soon

Reviewed December 23, 2013

My husband and I booked a table via their website and had a reply very promptly to confirm the booking. We both had starters and main courses. As it was a Monday evening the main courses were half price. The food was absolutely delicious and we both agreed that it was of a particularly high standard. Lamb was cooked to perfection and complemented by the roasted root vegetables. My husband had the steak which was cooked just as requested and full of flavour, and he commented that the peppercorn sauce was especially flavoursome without being overpowering.

Service was professional, courteous and unobtrusive, just as you would like it. The ambiance was nice and good for a Monday evening and the restaurant was tastefully decorated for Christmas.

Overall a superb experience and we will certainly be returning in the new year.

Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Came in for lunch today with my partner and daughter had a warm welcome off the waitress we was early but our table was already prepared, taken to our table and was surprised how cheap the menu was from the pictures of the food I had seen I suppose it was lunch but still great value the burger I had was very nice as was the sandwich my partner had on loverly thick granary bread I will be coming back thank you chefs and the front of house team :)