“GOOD FOOD AND GOOD SERVICE”
Review of The Aston taphouse

The Aston taphouse
Ranked #3 of 33 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I visited the Aston Saturday last I have been several times before but wanted to try it one more time before writing a review. I have never been disapionted but some times the meal has been better than at other times. The meal I had last week was a little on the small side but non the less it was well presented all the other meals were met with approval. I would recommend the Aston it is not a michelin star restaurant but niether are there prices it derserves to do well and is worth a visit.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We've visited The Aston a few times recently and the food and service is fab! As a group of staff from a local farm shop and deli we are pretty hard to please and we've all been very impressed!!
Highly recommended by our staff: Duck, fish & chips and the home made pies! Good sized portions and and changes are never a problem! Keep it up The Aston, the Green Fields' gand love you!! :)

1  Thank NatalieWalker789
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary at The Ashton last night. My husband had gammon with egg and chips and thoroughly enjoyed it. I had the duck with sauteed red cabbage and potato and thought my meal was one of the best I have enjoyed in England. The service was impeccible...the staff actually went to a florist to pick up a bouquet of flowers that my husband had asked them to arrange and then didn't even charge my husband for them!!!! It was a wonderful dining experience and we highly recommend dining at The Ashton!!!

1  Thank PercyIL
Reviewed October 10, 2012

4 of us went on a Sunday night as not many other place serving food on a Sunday night.
Great food all round - good selection - loverly starters - fabulous mains - we didn't make it to the pudings.
Loverly quiet setting
Fabulous service (good tip left)
Maybe a little cold in the conservatory for October, but much warmer in the lounge area.
Overall 9.5 / 10

1  Thank John_Kidman
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My friend and I booked the Aston,
It was the best meal we have had for a very long time,
The fish and chips are to die for, but be warned it is huge!
Enjoy,