Had booked a table for a Christmas celebration.(2 couples). Lovely decoration and very Xmasy with the decoration. Menu looked good and prices not expensive.
That's all the good thing I can say. The atmosphere was appalling not welcoming at all. In fact we all felt like an inconvenience to the staff. The food was rushed out and we were told to decide wether or not we wanted dessert as the chef was finishing! Drink was spilt over my sisters dress the lemonade was off the table was left full of glasses, and when I suggested that the young lady clear them she huffed off not to be seen again. The food was served by a gentlemen in a sweatshirt who looked like he was manning everything!! It was not a pleasant place to spend an evening.
Still I can go and spend money were it will be appreciated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Peacock is a friendly Country Inn set at the foot of the beautiful Chilterns in the picturesque Hamlet of Henton, near Thame. It's the ideal location for Business and Leisure with easy access to Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Hertfordshire. Our 25 bedrooms are available as double or single and have recently been refurbished to provide comfortable modern facilities all with en-suite bathrooms, flat screen televisions and tea/coffee making facilities. We pride ourselves on being a comfortable and cosy country inn offering warm, friendly customer service in a relaxed environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Peacock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peacock Hotel Henton
- Peacock Hotel Oxfordshire
- The Peacock Henton, England - Oxfordshire