We stayed at the fat fox last night as a half way point between us and our friends. We didnt know the area or the pub but we are really glad we took a chance.
Both rooms (2 and 6) were really lovely, decorated well and some really nice little touches to make you feel welcome.
We ate in the pub and the food was fab. We polished off three courses each and loved every one of them. We didn't have to wait long despite it being a busy nye, the waiting staff were friendly, polite, attentive. Bar service was quick, there was live music for welcoming in new year and we found all the regulars in the pub to be really friendly and welcoming too. My disappointment at no cheesecake was made up by delicious creme brûlée!
Breakfast was much needed, arrived without issue and was devoured by all! It looked like they had a busy day ahead but we weren't rushed at breakfast at all.
All in all we had a fab new year, made even more so with great rooms, amazing food and pleasant employees. Fingers crossed we will go back again. (please may there be cheesecake?)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fat Fox Inn, formerly the Fox and Hounds, is a country pub with dining and accommodation in the village of Watlington on the northern edge of the Chilterns in Oxfordshire. The pub is easily accessed from the M40 at Lewknor. Watlington is only 15 miles from the heart of the City of Oxford and 35 minutes from Blenheim Palace and the Oxfordshire Cotswolds, as well as the Thameside town of Henley on Thames, home of the Royal Regatta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Book Direct Rooms, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Fat Fox Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fat Fox Hotel Watlington
- The Fat Fox Inn Watlington, Oxfordshire