This is a really nice, well run, traditional pub in the middle of a lovely village. Good beers, log fires and great food.
The room was nice and spacious, and they are updateing some rooms and they look really great. The bed was fantastic.
The only reason that I haven't given it an excellent rating is that service was very slow at both breakfast and dinner, but we weren't in a rush, so that didn't bother us. The food was well worth waiting for!
Everyone that worked there was very friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fat Fox Inn, formerly the Fox and Hounds, is a country pub with dining and accommodation in the village of Watlington on the northern edge of the Chilterns in Oxfordshire. The pub is easily accessed from the M40 at Lewknor. Watlington is only 15 miles from the heart of the City of Oxford and 35 minutes from Blenheim Palace and the Oxfordshire Cotswolds, as well as the Thameside town of Henley on Thames, home of the Royal Regatta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Book Direct Rooms, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Fat Fox Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fat Fox Hotel Watlington
- The Fat Fox Inn Watlington, Oxfordshire