We came upon this here place whilst searching online for a quick get away from the hustle and bustle of West London. We turned up on a Saturday at around 3.00pm and found the parking more than ample. On entering the pub we were greeted by a very pleasant young gentlemen who walked to us our room in the converted barn. The room was very nice and the bathroom too made the most of the room available. It wasn't until later on when we came to retire in the evening we found it was rather warmer than we would have liked in August and there were no windows to open as it only has a patio style door. In the winter I think this would a plus point and a very cosy place to spend a night. On reflection the bathroom could have benefitted from a little more love in places, nothing that couldn't be put right quite quickly, a lose fitting here and there, all cosmetic really. Also I challenge anyone to take a shower without covering the floor in water. The screen is a little small and the shower head is a little big. All minor things really. A towell on the floor and problem solved.
The good parts of which there are many; The pub looks lovely and quaint. All the staff are extremely polite and make you feel welcome. The food we had in the restaurant was also of a very high standard, excellent in fact. The waiter was more than willing to please and the chocie of wines and beers is also very good. The breakfast was superb made from local produce.
I would recommend anyone to try this place. The flaws are few and the postives are many.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fat Fox Inn, formerly the Fox and Hounds, is a country pub with dining and accommodation in the village of Watlington on the northern edge of the Chilterns in Oxfordshire. The pub is easily accessed from the M40 at Lewknor. Watlington is only 15 miles from the heart of the City of Oxford and 35 minutes from Blenheim Palace and the Oxfordshire Cotswolds, as well as the Thameside town of Henley on Thames, home of the Royal Regatta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Book Direct Rooms, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Fat Fox Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fat Fox Hotel Watlington
- The Fat Fox Inn Watlington, Oxfordshire