“Over priced and not value for money”

Kite Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #8 of 12 Restaurants in Watlington
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Kite Restaurant & Bar located at The Lambert Hotel provides a relaxed and informal dining option using fresh seasonal produce. There is a daily specials menu, Surf or Turf Friday, alongside our extensive A la Carte menu. The A La Carte provides all of the old favorites plus some modern British dishes. There are also Sharing Platters, Ploughmans, and lighter lunch options. Please note some of our dishes are served on wooden boards. Our regulars like it. On Sundays we run a reduced menu made up of our best selling items from the A La Carte Menu with the addition of traditional roasts. Our food has been awarded for an AA Rosette 2015.
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My partner and I came down to visit my family and as my daughter, my daughters partner and my sons partners birthday are all in march we decided to take them out for a "special" meal, having lived in the area for many years and knowing the reputation of the Lambert Arms I was happy to book the meal there for 6 people. WHAT A MISTAKE, from the moment we arrived we were treated as if it was too good for us, yes we had a laugh and a joke but why shouldnt we, after all it was a birthday treat and we were paying the same as every other person in the place. Dirty looks was all we got all evening, they didnt get the orders right, i just felt that they wanted us out as quickly as possible....If you want a good night out without having fun then I recommend the Lambert Arms, if you want value for money and a great evening i recommend looking elsewhere.

1  Thank Dragz_12

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Eat dinner here on Sat night the service was ok not over friendly just seemed very stuffy the food was ok at best nothing special trying very hard to be something it's not the Lambert is a pub with rooms not a 4 star hotel stick to the basics without all the fussy nonsense

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stopped off here for late lunch whilst travelling down the A40 to Wales. Given the reviews I wasn't sure what to expect but I though the interior really nice. Yes - the Tv was on but you couldn't see it from most of the pub and it was pretty quiet. We'd arrived after the kitchen had closed but they were very happy to let us order a lot of the menu. I ordered a burger, my partner had crab and prawn baguette. Both were really good and moderate portions and not at all 'fit for a mouse'. Only negative was the price for lunch a bit on the high side (£12.95 for the burger).

Would probably stop here again if doing the same route.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We've been invited to a rather large family do last Sunday. There was only 112 of us in a private wing whilst the rest of the business was fully open for a normal business. I am always weary of big functions and the catering provided. I must admit that the organisation, service and food were of very high standard. Well executed operation with very friendly and attentive staff. Whilst we had a buffet-like service everyone could find something to satisfy their taste. There was a delicious chicken breast, perfectly cooked beef roast, salmon or vegetarian lasagne to name just few. There were also very tasty desserts and nice selection of cheeses. Champagne, white and red wines of very good quality - so all in all we have really enjoyed the meal and the experience. Will definitely visit them again for a proper Sunday roast.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Meal size fit for a mouse. Do not go here if you're hungry. Absolutely terrible, never again. Don't order the fish, all bones no fish. Don't order the roasts, one slice of meat, one piece of broccoli. Don't order the cheesecake, as thin as a pancake.