“Slow but worth the wait”
Review of Yiannis

Yiannis
Ranked #10 of 52 Restaurants in Beeston
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Slow tonight, problem in the kitchen. Food good as normal,would have been good to explain the chef was overwhelmed rather than explaining after a 40 minute wait. We will return but not in a hurry!

2  Thank Miriam S

Reviewed January 31, 2014

just returned home after a lovely meal at Yiannis. I recommend this restaurant toanyonewho like Greek food

2  Thank kaza2718
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We went Saturday, so it was busy,perhaps that was the reason. The starter was the usual Greek dips etc,very nice. I chose from the board, Little Shoe, It was supposed to be aubergine filled with bolognese sauce and topped with cheese bechemel. I got aubergine stuffed with tomato rice, a bit dry, topped with a small amount of grilled cheese. I mentioned this to the waiter later on, I know I should have complained while eating, but I was out with my daughter and she doesn't like it. He kind of implied I didn't get an aubergine stuffed with rice, I got what was on the menu, He said he would talk to the chef. He told me to tell Yiannis when he returned. I'm afraid I didn't as I thought the waiter should have conveyed my disquiet. Nobody returned to talk to us. The other points were my husband had the lamb special which tasted nice but the lamb was tough.(perhaps not cooked long enough because they were busy. The bill took a long time coming during which time I felt we were being a bit ostracised because I had made a negative comment.
It is a shame we had this experience as I like Greek food and probably go there when we visit our daughter, I don't think we'll go back. I suspect it is good during the week or if you have a set menu.

2  Thank value62
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Visited on a Saturday lunchtime on the recommendation of the relatives we were visiting who are major Hellenophiles and know their Greek food. Everything was authentic Greek, the lager, the coffee and of course the food. We had the set lunch which was astoundingly good value at £13.90 for three courses - couldn't have cooked it at home for that!

Lovely selection on the menu, our Hellenophiles had Gyros which looked amazing and which they swear taste as good as any you'd get in Greece. I had a succulent Stiffado and my partner Roast Lamb stuffed with cheese and wrapped in vine leaves - yum! Starters and puddings equally good.

Service was attentive and friendly. Our waiter was charm personified and the eponymous Yiannis came and said hello too.

All in all a great value and great tasting lunch. If we lived in Nottingham we'd definitely be regulars. For the price Yiannis really can't be faulted.

2  Thank Katy R
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic in every way. A hidden gem! Yiannis has an authentic Greek ambience and the food is fresh, tasty & original! We will be coming back and recommend that locals & those further afield pay this restaurant a visit.

3  Thank Gavin W