All reviews lake trip the river mango house half moon national park half day hike the cliff mosquito net khao soi night safari overnight trip elephant bathing hot springs nature trail open air two nights raft houses
Reviewed November 30, 2017

This review also,encompasses an overnight stay on the lake.

Our Jungle,House is an excellent place where you can go to immerse yourself in nature.
Yes the rooms are a little dark but then you are in the jungle!
Staff are top notch and the restaurant serves very reasonably priced food.
Swimming in the river, walking the small local nature trails, falling asleep to the nighttime jungle sounds - magical.

The overnight tour for us was even better. It makes you feel so far away from civilisation ( and you are). We loved the time spent looking and finding wildlife. We never expected to see Gibbons! Giant Hornbills are more than impressive.

The accommodation is very basic but that is made clear when you book. If anything it adds to the experience. Definitely the highlight of our tour to Thailand!

Oh the guide was superb - very knowledgable and passionate about the national park.

1  Thank IanF444
Reviewed November 27, 2017

I recently stayed one evening in the Gingah tree house and then took the overnight jungle/lake tour. Without a doubt, this is one of the best travel experiences I have ever had and will definitely want to return and do it again. The pictures I shared with friends had them all asking me how they could also take this trip.

I loved staying in the jungle camp. Not going to lie — I had a few moments of trepidation upfront as you hear the sounds of the jungle come alive once the sun sets but I found it soothing and relaxing once you settle into your room. The Gingah tree house was excellent. The ceiling fan was enough to keep me cool at night and the mesh net was well designed to tuck into he bed mattress to make me feel secure about wandering critters. There was also enough light to read a book or watch a movie on your tablet but not much else. Just be prepared to possibly be woken up at dawn to the sounds of monkeys in the jungle! I had a few of them roaming around my tree house, and it seems others did too.

My only suggestion to travelers is to bring your own shampoo and soap, and other toiletries. Also, you may feel more comfortable bringing your own flashlight vs. using your phone flash as flashlight. Not much is provided by the resort beyond a body wash and towels although you can buy some items at the village which is about a 10 to 15 min walk.

For me the highlight of my entire trip to Thailand was the overnight jungle/lake tour. Our guide, Et, was fantastically knowledgeable and humorous, making our group feel welcome and comfortable. I really liked how the tour balanced activities (hike, boat tours) and free/down time (swimming, kayaking, reading, suntanning). My only suggestion would have been to allow for another activity on day two — say reduce the early morning boat tour so we could visit the waterfall.

Just be aware the floating village is bare bones. It reminded me of going to some beach villages in Nicaragua, where I am originally from, back when tourism was first starting to pick up again in the 90’s. However, the experience is four star. I really enjoyed disconnecting and soaking in nature for a few days.

Note: My score for cleanliness would be a 4 for the jungle house. The lake village is closer to a 3 than a 4.

Room Tip: To get the full experience, ask for one of the tree houses
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Octavio S
Reviewed November 24, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have just left Our Jungle House after staying in the Romance Treehouse. We had the very best experience during our stay. From the moment we arrived, the welcome and checking in process was flawless and welcoming. The treehouse was immaculate and the surrounding jungle area was breathtaking. We were provided with an information book to accompany the room which was very informative about the flora and fauna and I particularly enjoyed reading about the history of the area. Our Jungle House also arranged out over night stay at Khao Sok National Park at the lake and it was tremendous. We had arranged to use an external transfer and the team with Our Jungle House were able to shave an hour off my transfer just by making a quick call. It was this level of help and support that we really appreciated as the team went above and beyond the usual.
I’ve read some reviews about the prices for this experience. The way I see it, I first visited Thailand as a twenty something on a shoestring and this type of stay was impossible. I’ve now returned in my late 30’s and the price it fitting with the experience. My only regret is that we didn’t stay longer. If you can, stay for 2 nights, it’s so worth it :)

Reviewed November 22, 2017

From the transportation arranged to pick us up at our hotel in Phuket to the special tour just for us in the jungle... to the wonderful Mango House in the treetops... to the well choreographed trip to the lake.. and then our transportation to the ferry in Donsak... it all went perfectly!!! We loved our time at the lake - and enjoyed the amazing scenery on the boat ride to the floating lake huts. The food was wonderful and plentiful and our guide was charming and funny and fun. (we should have worn bathing suits and had water shoes for the climb up the waterfall... but oh well). We especially liked getting out on our own on the kayaks and seeing and hearing the monkeys. It was all amazing and worth the time. We will never forget it. Thanks to all at Jungle House for making our stay so wonderful and easy.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tmatteo57
Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

We stayed a few nights at Our Jungle House in Cliff House 1 bungalow, which is one of the more budget friendly options. V close to reception which is nice, the room was clean and well furnished, if a little dark. Towels, sheets mosquito net were perfect. Front of house and restaurant staff were super friendly and helpful and the restaurant/bar were good. Only thing we didn't like was pesto pasta which we shouldn't really have ordered given we're in Thailand! Swam in the river one day which was nice. The property really is in a stunning location next to karst cliffs, but it is a 10 min walk into town which isn't really a problem- just bring a flashlight. We stopped at Jumanji just before main road for happy hour cocktails two of the nights...v good cocktails and nice outdoor seating with a fire to keep mosquitos at bay. So I'm giving the 4 stars for the guesthouse.

For the overnight lake tour i would give 2.5. Given its a national park I expected more trails, waterfalls, view points etc. But we had far too much free time to just swim or hang out. We were stuck on the boat far too long looking at the jungle to spot gibbons....was v boring. The waterfall trek was very underwhelming. Wouldn't call it a waterfall...just a river flowing down limestone pools/streams. The majority of huts on the water were pretty basic/old. Not like pics I had seen online. Was uncomfortable sleeping and frogs made a lot of noise. Food was nice and company of other people on tour was fun. If I was to go again I would do day tours and make sure you have plenty of hikes etc planned.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
OurJungleHouse, General Manager at Our Jungle House, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2017

Dear friends,

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at Our Jungle House during your visit to Khao Sok. We welcome all feedback from guests as it helps us to know what our guests love the most about their stay and what we can improve on.

We are so pleased you enjoyed the resort, our accommodation, food, cocktails and location. We agree it's a stunning place and we love to share it with our international visitors.

We were surprised with your comments regarding the Cheowlan Lake overnight trip and were disappointed that it was not what you had hoped. An overwhelming number of guests name Cheowlan lake one the highlight of their trip. It is breathtakingly beautiful. We do agree though that the floating raft houses are very basic. It's not a place to go for a good nights sleep but it is a place to go if being immerse in nature in the middle of the jungle sounds like a great life adventure!

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope we can welcome you back to Our Jungle House again in the future.

Happy Travels!