Khao Sok Cabana Resort(Khao Sok National Park)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/25
$18
  • Restaurant
Bamboo House(Khao Sok National Park)
$13
Agoda.com
Saichol Resort(Khao Sok National Park)
$55
  • Restaurant
Khao Sok Hill Top Resort(Khao Sok National Park)
Free cancellation until 07/25
Book now, pay at stay
$32
$29
  • Restaurant
Khao Sok Paradise Resort(Khao Sok National Park)
$51
  • Restaurant
Khao Sok B&B(Khao Sok National Park)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/29
Book now, pay at stay
$24
Khaosok Bamboo Huts Resort(Khao Sok National Park)
$14
Agoda.com
Panvaree Resort(Khao Sok National Park)
$252
$243
  • Restaurant
Rock And Treehouse Resort(Khao Sok National Park)
$70
All reviewslake tripthe rivermango househalf moonnational parkmosquito netthe cliffhalf day hikekhao soinight safarihot springsovernight tripnature trailelephant bathingopen aircheow lan lakeraft houses
Reviewed January 25, 2017

To be honest my trip to Our Jungle House started out a bit rough. I had under estimated how long it would take to get there from Phuket, and also how exactly I would get there at all. I had kind of planned out this portion of my trip without much forethought and it results in a bit of stress at first. So, definitely plan ahead, know how to catch a local bus or private car that will take you to the Khao Sok National Park from wherever you may be in Thailand!

Thankfully my host in northern Phuket helped me find the nearest local bus stop. After hopping aboard and about three hours later, the bus stopped at the entrance to the Park. The driver didn't announce where we were so I almost didn't exit the bus but thankfully another couple was also getting out at the same stop and they took the initiative to ask.

As the bus pulled away I realized that I didn't retrieve my pack from below. I literally ran full speed behind the bus waving and yelling until it thankfully stopped and I was able to get my pack. Phew!

Once that was settled I contacted Our Jungle House to let them know I had arrived at the entrance. Within a few minutes their shuttle truck arrived and I was being driven to my destination.

Again—as a relatively casual solo traveler—I hadn't done a heck of a lot of research on Our Jungle House before arriving. I was relying on the high recommendation from some friends who live in Bangkok.

That's why I didn't realize just how incredible this place would be. Imagine the greenest of big leafy greenery hanging all around, narrow cobblestone walkways throughout and between bungalows, wooden and thatched huts of the coziest degree, and soothing sounds of nature constantly abuzz and lulling you to sleep.

Upon arriving I was warmly greeted by the staff and promptly escorted to my bungalow. After unpacking I made my way to the dining area where I enjoyed a vegan Pad Thai (that was modified from the original vegetarian version).

The following day I went on a very relaxing canoe ride (organized by Our Jungle House) along the Khao Sok river. I lounged and took pictures and videos as my paddle guide did all the work! We saw incredible limestone cliffs jutting up through the water, a few colorful Kingfisher birds, a gigantic lizard thing scurry up into the jungle, tons of red flecked fish, and a big snake literally hanging over our heads from a tree branch as we passed below. We even stopped at a halfway point to stretch our legs and have some campfire warmed tea, coffee, and cookies. It was lovely.

On my last full day I signed up for the full day Cheow Lan Lake tour. It was probably one of the best day of my life, actually. Again - organized by Our Jungle House I was picked up early in the morning after breakfast at Our Jungle House (vegan tofu scramble this time!) and the driver made a few more stops to pick up other tour-goers, as we made our way about an hour north, to the Lake.

It began with an epic covered-boat ride through the picturesque turquoise waters of the Lake, dotted with hundreds of limestone cliffs that seem to come out of nowhere, protruding up through the magnificent waters. We then arrived in an alcove, deboarded, and went on a short hike through the jungle. Our guide pointed out gibbons jumping through the tree branches up high, a huge tarantula hiding out in its "cave," and some small lizards, and birds along the way. The hike led us to a teeny tiny village occupied presumably by the wooden rafter operators. After a short snack break and water, provided by the tour guide, the group of us (about 10 people) shuffled onto a rickety flat bamboo raft and floated effortlessly to our next destination: a super cool cave!

Our tour guide walked us through this pitch black cave (don't worry, he had a light and many of us used the lights on our phones) pointing out interesting structures, bugs, and bats! After leisurely exploring the cave we made our way back to our little raft, floated back to the tiny village, walked back through our hike, and hopped back into our covered motor boat.

As we made our way back across the stunning crystal waters, we stopped at some floating bungalows (which you can actually rent and stay overnight in!) for lunch and a swim.

A few of us went swimming and then we all climbed back into our boat and made our way back to the mainland. That night I had a filling dinner at the Our Jungle House restaurant, and then sat upstairs on the second level where there is a nice bar. I hopped onto my computer to upload some videos and pictures from the day while sipping a house special cocktail.

What an incredible few days it was! The combination of a comfortable and very unique stay with daily outings that were more memorable than I could have ever anticipated, made the overall experience one of a kind.

I highly HIGHLY recommend Our Jungle House! You'll be in awe of the natural beauty, the friendly staff, the flexible food options, and even the other guests. Enjoy!

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank Kristin L
Reviewed January 22, 2017

We stayed in Liana tree house for three nights in late December, what a great place it was. very spacious, clean and very private. The terrace area was great, with chairs and sun loungers. The staff were all very friendly and polite.
The upstairs bar area was very nice with chilled out vibe. The restaurant downstairs from the bar was also good, with decent Thai food and again the staff were great.
We would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2017

Our family trip to Khao sok was special 3 nights stay at Our a Jungle House.
We love the nature, rainforest around us....we stayed at half moon and Thai house, both
Very clean and comfortable beds with mosquitos net. The treehouse and cottages are not far apart from each other so easy walking distance. It's a nice little nested community along the river, cliffside view and walking trails.....very quaint and beautiful nature.
We saw monkeys by our treehouse and elephant along the canoe ride along the river.
One day lake trip was very nice, our guide Raggae very funny and hike with us to coral cave. Massage at jungle house was Thai style on the floormat. My kids also enjoy the elephant bathing. Meals at the restuarant were excellent and very good service....priced reasonable. A memorable family trip At jungle house.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank NLovswim
Reviewed January 20, 2017

A little bit on the steep side for south east asia but it is a great hotel. Stand alone bungalows offer privacy with very clean and comfortable rooms. The restaurant had great vegetarian options which were much appreciated! They have their own small jungle trail that you can walk at night to spot wildlife.

The staff were very friendly and all up we were very happy with the experience.

• Stayed: February 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2017

... and here is why!

- located centrally for Khao Sok National Park
- super friendly staff!!!
- excellent (and very affordable) kitchen/restaurant (which is open all day all the time) and it's fun to just relax there
- tree houses are excellent! Super clean, cosy and luxurious.
- located at a river that you can swim in
- the bar (open in the evening) has an excellent choice of drinks, great music and you can experience night time jungel feeling with a drink in your hand
- very easy to reach by car (use your own car! it's easy and convenient!)
- nature, nature, nature!!! This is a hands-on jungel experience, even if you just stay within the lodge area. You can see monkeys!

Room Tip: Choose a "tree house" with river view (as opposed to "jungle view" or "garden bungalow").
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple