All reviews lake trip the river mango house half moon national park half day hike the cliff mosquito net khao soi night safari overnight trip elephant bathing hot springs nature trail open air two nights raft houses
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We had a fantastic time at our jungle house.as it was our 6th visit to Thailand,we found a different paradise.rooms basic but comfortable,food very very tasty and great service from the head waitress that will easily decide for you if in doubt as what to order.We had some good day trips and did the overnight stay at the lake where I must admit it needs a bit of jacking up!the lake and all is beautiful,but the accomodation is reallyshocking and in my opinion dangerous in the condition its in...we will highly reccomend your resort and its location...but skip the lake stay

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This was my 4th trip to Thailand, & after having a friend work in a animal sanctuary i decided to escape the beaches for a jungle experience.

I chose Khao Sok, & Our Jungle House in particular, based solely on the nearby landscape & the novelty of a basic treehouse. Even though the 'tree houses' better resembled pole homes. I had booked Hideway in particular as it was elevated, simple in design & basic (it lacked glass windows instead using timber shutters) close to the water's edge.

On arrival, i was told that hideaway wasn't available due to recent storm damage & i was given other accommodation to substitute. This was both the Liana & Mango house. They are larger than hideaway, & more expensive. However i wasn't charged extra. To be honest, i think the rooms are slightly overpriced for what the offer in comparison to elsewhere.

From my previous visits to Thailand, i've found thai people to be very friendly, welcoming & hospitable. Sadly this was not the same for Our Jungle House. I found during my stay, there was a lack of hosiptality shown by the thai women working there. Conversations were short & to the point, they didn't seem to associate with guests unless necessary. There were problems experienced by myself & other guests in trying to book activities with contradicting prices, nor were answers ever straight forward. The american owner/manager Bhodi was very social & accomodating.

During my visit there were mainly family groups staying there. As a solo traveller, i found the guests chose not to interact as freely with each other whereas i am used to people sitting together for a meal/drink or sharing travel stories.

I booked a tube ride, i understood for 2 hrs. In the end it was finished & returned to the bungalows within 45mins. I can understand the flow of the river changes, but don't advertise 2 hrs if it isn't 2 hrs.

I managed to book the day lake tour & had the guide named Gai. He is a very knowledgeable man of the local area, history, wildlife & flora. The tour is highly recommended, even during severe rain like we experienced.

We were late returning to Our Jungle House at 8:15pm. The restaurant was full some of us having to wait for a free table. Or eat upstairs in the bar, with is partly uncovered & not suitable for dinner when it's raining. Also the waitresses won't serve upstairs. I ordered dinner, & a few moments later tried to order desert. I was told kitchen closed 830pm. Surely when a tour is late returning, & the dining area is above capacity the kitchen should stay open longer.

After the 3rd day of asking to book the night safari i gave up, they again seemed uninterested. It is also a concern there is no information how to contact someone in an emergency after hours.

I wish Our Jungle House every success & thank them for the experience. I think however there's only so much you can do in the area & don't see myself returning anytime soon.

And what's with all the comments about monkeys..... the only one i saw was clinging to the side of a coconut farmers ute :-)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 6 nights in march 2013, in 'forest' treehouse, & had the time of our lives. Went trekking in khao sok, swam in the river, met fantastic friendly people. The treehouse was AMAZING. There's a river running through their grounds where you can cool off. The resaurant has a chill out area upstairs where you can play games, listen to music & have a drink. The food, wow! So delicious, im drooling just remembering it! We went on night trek too which was very exciting. Our guide was very knowledgable & had true passion & respect for nature, as did lots of people we were lucky enough to meet!The staff were so kind and happy & lovely especially with our children. We would love to go back, & highly recomend it!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were a little nervous about coming to the jungle..... the insects and the lack of aircon etc..
It was a little warm at night, as the mozzie nets stop you feeling the benefit of the fan. Also the jungle noises are loud (although I found them quite relaxing!)
Our room was lovely, and really cleverly designed. We hardly had any problems with creepy crawlies - we used lots of repellent!

The staff were very friendly. All the transfers we booked were very comfy etc.
We did a few trips which were all good- to the hot spring, the crafts in the local village, the jungle trek (this was great... we did the half day and got 5 hours worth of local knowledge and interesting facts from our great guide (think he was called 'Guy'). The canoe trip was great too - really relaxing.

We also stayed on the raft houses on the lake although we didn't book this through OJH . THis is a fantastic thing to do... highly recommended (although not for very young kids unless you have nerves of steel - due to the 70m deep water!).

Room Tip: We stayed in Liana... a few minutes walk from the reception/ restaurant but worth it ... you feel right in the jungle.. kids loved being up high in the tree house.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed here with our two kids. The wooden huts are lovely, they are clean, nice bathroom with open view to the jungle, lovely little balcony.
Of course, only cold water, it's the middle of the jungle, but with an outside temperature of 30C+ who cares.
We booked late and couldn't keep the same room for 3 days in a row. This was perfectly solved by the staff. Every day we had to pack our bags before 11, the staff was bringing our luggage to the new hut and 'made' two extra beds for the kids, with clam-boo. No worries at all.
The restaurant is nice, good little menu with enough to choose and good taste and good pricing.
If you go there, make sure you have a drink 'upstars' at the bar. Very lay back spot with nice music, no loud at all!
We booked a tube ride, a night safari and a day tour on the lake. Very good guides, all spoke English well enough and they all have eyes like hacks. We saw so much wildlife, unbelievable!

Room Tip: Stay in 'romance' it's a treehut with a balcony overlooking the river, therefor more expensive than the other huts, but great experience for the kids.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family