All reviews lake trip the river mango house half moon national park half day hike the cliff mosquito net khao soi night safari overnight trip elephant bathing hot springs nature trail open air two nights raft houses
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Great location - very relaxed, apart from amusing monkeys, but if you do not leave anything out for these guys - i can only recommend this place. Best location next to the river and a huge cliff formation.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 210PerM
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is one of the most wonderful experiences of my life but a bat did somehow manage to get into the mosquito net at night and left me with a nice bite mark...good dinner party story as everything was fine. Would love to go back some day

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank EssentialFeeling
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We arrived at Our Jungle House quite late in the afternoon after being met at Don Sak Pier by one of the drivers. It was a long drive, but our driver ( can't remember his name sorry) was great and stopped for us along the way when we needed. ( We had the same driver take us to Rawai when we left) Once we arrived our son was keen to get straight into activities so we took the tubes down the river. Was lots of fun with some monkey and snake spotting, not to mention rope swinging. The tree house was basic and clean with cold water facilities. It was quite a novelty after staying in beautiful hotels. I agree with another review that the fans don't do much with such thick (needed) mosquito nets blocking the air whilst sleeping, but the night had cooled somewhat and was not really needed. The staff were wonderful and most of them English speaking. The food was good and so was the service. The next day we took the Lake tour and had a wonderful time. I wouldn't stay in the floating huts at our destination; very rough with dirty showers and toilets half way up a hill. But that's just me. The more adventurous would love it. We swam and canoed until lunch was ready (Thai food which my son was not keen on, so it would be good if offered something for fussy kids so they don't go too hungry. We loved the food) then we headed out for a jungle trek which included going through rivers and streams, so wear shoes that can get wet. We reached the cave where I didn't go in, but my son and his dad did. The water in the cave was rushing quite fast and it was over my son's head ( he is 13) nonetheless, he had a ball. He also had a wonderful time with our guide who was making bamboo horns and leaf hats for the kids, (and not so kids) on the trek back. My only complaint about our jungle stay was we were unlucky enough to have a 'one off' karaoke party pumping (not a usual event for Our Jungle House I was told) on the night after our long day on the lake, etc, when we were wishing to return to a quiet relaxing dinner and drink enjoying the peace of the jungle. Instead we hurriedly ate and went back to our tree house where the music and singing could still be heard. Being very tired and with the help of earplugs I was fine and went off to sleep quite early. The next morning (with apologies for the noise from the staff) before we left we did the elephant ride. What a ride it was in the jungle. Much better than the ones that just go around a simple track elsewhere. This one went through the jungle climbing up a steep path. The elephants are amazing. My son's highlight was sitting near the elephants head during the ride. The mahouts seemed to genuinely care for their elephants which is why (I'm told) Our Jungle House deals with this company. All in all we had a great time. Spent lots of baht during our two night stay so be prepared, but would recommend this to anyone looking for something a little different whilst in Thailand for at least 2 nights.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Annette O
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This was our 2nd stay at our jungle house as usual it was amazing,, but this review is about a new community based activity, which we had the pleasure of doing from Our jungle house.! There are a range of activitys you can do, all of them with local families, shadow puppet making, pandanus weaving, cooking classes, canoeing, just to name a few... we did a cooking class, & canoeing...We were picked up from Our jungle house by Lek and his wife noi, we arrived at their home after a short stop to pick up fresh ingrediants form local shop. After lek & Noi welcomed us into there home Lek went 2 get fresh coconut from tree, he cut the top off one gave it to us to drink then showed us how to dehusk & grate the flesh. We were making thai sweets & spicy dip (nahm prik) Lek & noi took us thru every step of cooking with us helping with English & them with thai we then sat and ate together. we had the most enjoyable time with Lek & noi after this we did canoeing down sok river with Lek as our captain we even stopped for coffee made on camp fire.. we highly recommend both these activities.!!!!! All in all we had a most enjoyable day..

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KayBevan
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Our party stayed in a couple of different bungalows, all of which were really comfortable, well designed and had personality. The property is quite large so the bugalows are well spread out. The setting is beautiful and convenient for trips to the lake. We did an overnight trip to the lake to stay on the floating bungalows, which was one of the highlights of our trip to Thailand. The staff at OJH organised the floating bungalows for us and it all went very smoothly. The staff were also very friendly and helpful throughout our stay at OJH, and we arranged transfers both to and from OJH with them which worked out very well (although not necesarily the cheapest option). I would highly recomend it and would love to go back.

• Stayed: December 2012