“Home from home”

Khao Sok Paradise Resort
london
“Home from home”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Despite my title, this place is nothing like my house in London, but the staff really do make you feel welcome here. You can see by the fact that Eric responds to every review on here that he takes it seriously and does what he can to make sure your stay is a good one, and the same goes for the others.
The rooms are mostly tree house huts, and they're actually very comfortable. Another room is designed to look like it's hollowed out of a tree, and we stayed in this one for a couple of nights. Unlike the other rooms it had air conditioning, and to be honest, the others didn't need it. It also suffered from damp and leaks, which the others didn't.
Eric was putting the finishing touches to a new bungalow when we were there and it looked really nice.
The food is quite a limited selection, but most of the Thai favourites are there and they're lovely. I really recommend the cookery class too, but bear in mind you make a lot of food, so don't pig out at breakfast like we did.
One of the best things about this place is the fact that they will organise activities for you and they're worth what is charged for them. The lake trip is a must and you should stay overnight on the lake too.
We probably picked a bad time to visit as it chucked it down constantly, but it was still a great few days.
Thanks Eric, for being such a good host, and if we're ever passing Khao Sok, we'll come and stay again :-)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Eric L, General Manager at Khao Sok Paradise Resort, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Anonymous,

On behalf of the Khao Sok Paradise Resort, I wish to thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the kindness of our staff.
We currently have 5 Standard Tree houses, 3 Deluxe tree houses and two bungalows, but are planning to replace all the existing bungalow,s by tree houses in a short future, and that includes the tree hut bungalow in which you stayed.

The challenge will be to make one of those tree houses accessible to disable guests, but our master engineer is working on a lift system at the moment that should make it possible.

We just finished the Deluxe tree houses last week and are very proud of the Result, we now have the most comfortable tree houses in Khao Sok.

The deluxe tree houses were all designed by a Thai interior designer friend of me.
The concept is “close to nature”, they all feature, hot water, air conditioners, wooden bath tubs, rain showers, teak wood interiors, king size beds, rubber mattresses, very spacious balconies with sun beds and of course free Wi-Fi internet.

We are also currently working on a new menu with our local chef as well as a new organic wine list.

We are also glad to read that you enjoyed our Thai cooking classes, my wife (Botan) worked as a professional Thai Chef in Europe for more than 2 years and love to share her knowledge with our guests.

We hope we will have the chance to welcome you back at the Khao Sok Paradise Resort.

Eric Limbos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights and could not have been made to feel more welcome. The reception staff were friendly and helpful, and the food was good. The rooms are very basic but clean and comfortable. The bathroom is really cool with the tree growing through the floor. It's a great base to explore the national park from.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Lucy,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our hospitality.
The khao sok Paradise Resort is certainly one of the best base if you are planning to visit the National Park, since we are only located at a 800 meters distance from the national park main entry.
We are also delighted to hear that your enjoyed the kindness of our staff.

krabi,thailand
Reviewed July 29, 2012

After travelling for almost 3 weeks in thailand we stayed at the paradise resort and had one of the best time . THX to the fantastic staff, always friendly and profesional

we booked the package (jungle taster 2nights with all food included from the resort ) directly with them via the web site.

Our tree hut was very confortable with nice bathroom, we had one of the best sleep so far in thailand
organisation was top from begining to the end. the diferent guide provided for the tour were very profetional, always taking care that you can have the best experience.

the price can look like a bit more than average but it is for our point of view really worth the money

once more many many thx to the team and guide

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jonathan_and_nadine
Eric L, General Manager at Khao Sok Paradise Resort, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Dear Jonathan,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in Khao Sok.
Good food, great service, comfortable and clean rooms at a reasonable price is our motto.
I will pass your regards to the entire team and hope we will have the chance to welcome you back.

Hørsholm, Danmark
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Together with my husband and our 3 youngsters we spent t totally 5 days in the Khao Sok National Park at the Paradise Resort with accommodation in Treetop cabins + one overnight stay in a raft house at the lake. Our trip was from 2-6. July 2012 and we had in advance purchased a Discovery package directly through the Paradise Resort incl. all meals and tours.
After our return to Denmark we must say that during our 3 week travel in Thailand (which also included a 5 star River hotel in Bangkok, a 3 star resort at Koh Mook + a luxury villa in Krabi) the Paradise Resort in Khao Sok brought us not only best value for money – the moments we experienced at this Resort and in the National Park has become valuable memories, because here surrounded by the green forest and the many sounds of insects and animals we felt so relaxed - close to reborn. What an experience.
As to the Paradise Resort: What you see from the photos from the Paradise Resort website is also what you get! Further to this the Paradise Resort is a very nice and comfortable place to stay , because the cabins are cosy and the resort is quietly located. The sounds of the many insects and animals are intense and so is the smell of green nature. The meals prepared to us every day were delicious and the staff and family were very friendly – they really made you feel good. At the resort we also received a “Thai cooking class” taught by the very well English speaking cook Mrs. Botan. The resort is located only 5 minutes walk away from the park entrance and the small village, which offers a couple of other restaurants, resorts and a few shops.
We highly recommend everybody planning a trip to Southern Thailand to spend at least a couple of days in the Khao Sok Rainforest – even though it may rain. Purchase a guided tour package – you will not regret it. We also highly recommend the Paradise Resort. You will not regret that either.
26. July, 2012
Annette Flagstad + family, 2970 Hørsholm, Denmark

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Annette F
Dear Annette,

We are glad to hear that your stay at the Khao Sok paradise Resort, was the best part of your holidays in Thailand.
When I started the Khao Sok Paradise , my objective was to make Khao Sok available for everybody, not just for hi-end customers, therefore I can guarantee the lowest prices on all inclusive packages in the entire Khao Sok area and by far the best value for money on rooms.
We also believe that our food is the best in the entire national park and are always happy to share the secrets and art of Thai cuisine with our guest, that’s the reason why, we will also soon become ,the first Resort and culinary school in the Surat thani Province.
It was a pleasure to have you as a guest and we hope we will have the chance to welcome you back in Khao Sok.

Kind Regards,

Bangkok
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed here last night after a mix up with dates meaning we had to stay at "at home resort" last night (review written). The two are right next door to each other, paradise resort being slightly cheaper. The room we stayed at "at home" was 2000 baht and the mountain view room we stayed at last night was 1500 baht.

We arrived around 6pm after being dropped off from the full day lake tour (defo worth doing but wear proper shoes and be aware that you will be waist deep in fast flowing rivers for some of the trek!). The room was impressive from the outside with a big balcony looking over the trees (although no mountain view to my knowledge). For a hut in the forest it was extremely clean with surprisingly no creepy crawlies or mozzies. The bathroom is amazing, very modern and not what you expect in a hut! The bed was quite hard and I didnt get a good sleep, however I'm sure this was nothing to do with the room and more to do with my insomnia while in Thailand! The room is basically a bed and a bathroom, there isn't a TV but who really goes to the jungle to watch TV!

The food isn't as good as "at home". The prices are similar but there is much less choice, especially with the Thai dishes. I had a papaya salad and cheese toasted sandwich, both were ok.

Breakfast in the morning was a bit over priced compared to what we had at "at home" . We ordered toast for 100 baht and we got two slices with juice and coffee (the coffee arrived about an hour after the toast but was very nice). "At home" gave us a plate with 8 slices and juice each for 80 baht.

Nuttanit (I think she is the manager) speaks great English and is very helpful. When I asked to change the dates that we wanted to stay, she was happy to rearrange. When it turned out that the rooms AC had broke, she quickly organised us the room at "at home" and charged us the same (cheaper) price that we would have paid at paradise resort. She organised the lake trip for us and also our transport to Bangkok. We had also left our back packs at "at home resort" when we went to the lake trip, but she organised someone to pick them up and bring them to us. Which was great as there was monsoon rain at the time!

Overall, the mountain view room is good value. If you have more money to splash out with I would say go for "at home" over paradise resort. Simply to experience the amazing views and food. However paradise resort has everything you need for a comfortable stay, and there aren't really any negative points to our stay.

• Stayed July 2012
Eric L, General Manager at Khao Sok Paradise Resort, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Ms. Jenna,

We are glad to hear you enjoyed you stay with us at the Khao Sok Paradise Resort.
The At home Resort is our sister Resort, we usually send guests there when we are fully booked.
I would say that both hotels are a real gem, but the Paradise Resort is much more Nature oriented, the Resort really is in the Jungle and offers a better service with a great view on the Sok mountains.
The At home Resort in comparison would be a lite bit more poach and has more western oriented chalets with cable T.V and DVD players offering a great view on the lime stone cliffs.
Both hotels as well as the Las Orquideas Resort, are by far the most comfortable Resorts you can find in the Khao Sok National park good but were made to welcome a different type of clientele.
At the KhaoSok Paradise resort we decided to go more Thai style when it comes to architecture with all the comforts you would find in the west such as aircon and hot water, however we decided not to place TV’s in the rooms because as you say, who comes to the rain forest to watch television?
We also decided to offer original Thai food to our guests, that means that the food we are serving in our restaurant hasn’t been adapted to foreigners, because I would like my guest to experience the authentic taste of Thai cuisine, again some people might not like it.
The food served in Thai restaurants overseas, or big resorts welcoming westerners in Thailand is totally different from what Thai people really eat.
Regarding the beds, we are currently changing all matrasses in the Resort, and building new deluxe tree houses with even more fancy bath rooms, larger balconies, teak wood furniture, and wooden bath tubs in order to higher our standards.
With regards to the Mountain view bungalow, if you sit on the balcony and look on your left hand side, you will see two huge mountains; those mountains are called the Sok Mountains and are in the national park, they are even nicer to look at in the morning mist.

We hope we will have the chance to welcome you back and wish you all the best.

Kind regards,

Almere, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We stayed here 3 nights. Very friendly and helpful staff. They can give good advice on things to do and excursions. Good value for money.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JAB2405
Eric L, General Manager at Khao Sok Paradise Resort, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear Jab,

We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us and hope we will have the chance to welcome you back in the Khao Sok National Park.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Me and my wife stayed at the resort for two nights during our
Honeymoon trip in Thailand.
First, one of the best things in the place is the detailed
website, and the responsiveness of the resort stuff.
I've mailed the resort for more then once, and each time I
got an elaborated answer with all the necessary details from
Nuttanit.
The place is located in the small town next to the park HQ
(about 5 minuets walk from the main street). The whole design
idea of the place is merging with nature, rather then
disturb nature (like most resorts I know) which made me feel
really good during my stay there. We took the tree house,
which was beautiful clean and nicely designed (It is also
located about 5 meters above ground). I think that one of the
things I liked in the room is the tree shaped shower (the water actually coming out from one of
the tree branches). In addition I think that the restaurant
in the resort is the best in the area (and I tried a few in
the town during my stay). The resort stuff arranged our tours
and prepared us a packed food for lunch which was really
tasty (a Chicken and rice wrapped in a banana tree leaf).
The resort also helped us arrange the transportation from the
resort to Surat-tani airport (about 350 THB per person, which
is much better then a private taxi that can cost 2000 THB).
The resort stuff was very friendly and helped us every time
we needed help, they even land me one of there scooters for
free when I wanted to go for a short ride to take some
photos. I can just summaries and write that the resort is a
beautiful quiet place designed to make you feel like you sleep
in nature, but can enjoy all the advantages of a modern
resort.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Adir C
Eric L, General Manager at Khao Sok Paradise Resort, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Dear Adir,

It took me and Don, my web master a long time to build our website, but I must say we are proud about the result and that it really reflects the resort philosophy.

We guarantee a 24 hours answer to all inquiries, but most of the time you will get an answer back within an hour or two.

You also have possibility to communicate with us via Skype directly true the web site , see "contact us page”

As you understood we build respectfully and try to keep the place as natural as possible to give you the best possible experience.

I will pass your regards to our staff as well as to Khun Nut, the Resort Manager

We hope we will have the chance, to welcome you back in the Khao Sok National park.

Warm regards,

#5 of 21 in Khao Sok National Park
Khaosok Boutique Camps
Khaosok Boutique Camps
#1 of 21 in Khao Sok National Park

Been to Khao Sok Paradise Resort? Share your experiences!