Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
FindHotel
All reviews bamboo hut cheow lan lake tree house organic farm the river night safari mosquito net authentic thai food home grown total bill full day hike staff were all very helpful khao soi monkeys swinging elephant tour wonderful hotel short hike
Selected filters
Reviewed March 5, 2020

We had a wonderful time visiting Our Jungle Camp. It feels like you’re in the jungle, but still with the comforts of fans and a private bathroom. We loved the restaurant, some of the best Masaman curry I’ve had in Thailand! We would highly recommend the full day trip to Cheow Lan lake organized through the resort.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2020

Let me start with the over night stay on the lake...I was really looking forward to the overnight stay, but soon realized that the bungalows were nothing like the many different pictures I saw on-line. Behind the bungalows the staff’s bungalows were really nasty looking. The walk to the bathroom was a something you had to be well aware of what was below you and around you, so you would not fall in the water. There were a lot of nails and broken wood pieces around the place to rip your clothes or stab you. Disappointing Jungle Camp would use a Third Party company like this! Especially with a company that would allow so much trash in the water! Plastic bags, water bottles, and beer cans! Definitely not worth your money. When I came back and expressed my concern I was look for something more than an apology.

Now onto our stay at the Jungle Camp. The front desk was not able to keep our tours straight, they had us signed up for the wrong tours at the wrong time. We were very frustrated when we had our laundry dropped off with a receipt, but it was returned to us not done! When we were checking out they tried to charge us $5000 Baht, that we already paid on PayPal luckily I keep the e-mail confirming we did!

With everything that happened I was hoping they would offer us a free dinner, a credit on my room bill, a refund on the tour, etc for all of the inconveniences or mistakes they made, but they did not.

Good Luck!

(An apologize is not needed JC...you had the chance to make things better before!)

Date of stay: March 2020
GM OJC, General Manager at Our Jungle Camp - Eco Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2020

Dear Valued Guest,

We are very sorry to read your negative review, we always try to draw the right picture on the experience we offer, clearly, your review does not reflect the quality we usually provide. The Third Party Company is the National Park, who operates and maintains the bungalows, we are constantly trying to help them in their undertaking by even supporting them with equipment and materials. We will conduct another inspection trip in the weeks to come to check on their maintenance proceedings. Additionally, we are more than sorry that your case and your complaint wasn´t successfully addressed upon your return to Our Jungle Camp, please be assured that this is far from what we consider proper customer service. We understand that it is too late for any offer but please accept our sincere apologies for your spoiled visit to Khao Sok and we would be more than grateful to have another chance to welcome you at Our Jungle Camp in Khao Sok to make up for your spoiled holiday.

Kind regards,

The Management

Reviewed March 4, 2020

Resort -- 5 stars -- beautiful location and very helpful staff.
Restaurant -- 4.5 stars -- food was clean and waitresses really helpful, but one of my meals was really not good. The breakfasts were nice!
Accommodation -- 4 stars -- I booked a Bamboo Hut in the Rice Paddies, which was in a weird location away from the main camp and not in the jungle. The hut itself was clean and the shower was nice, but at night the monkeys were keeping me up all night. The hut doors shut, but they can still climb in through the open trellis to steal any food (just don't have any in there!) or bars of soap, etc. That being said, this would be a great place to stay for couples; it was a little awkward staying there alone, as there wasn't a social atmosphere outside of meals.
Cheow Lan Lake Overnight Tour -- 2.5 stars -- this was the most disappointing experience of my whole vacation. OJC booked the tour out to a company that really wasn't good; the guide was fine but also making inappropriate, sexist comments throughout the trip. The location we stayed at was nothing like the photos and had a lot of garbage and huts in disrepair. The food was good but they were very stingy. When we arrived, they hadn't booked enough huts for everyone in the group, and tried to put me (a solo female traveler) with a male traveler that I had never met, insisting that we were a couple when we weren't -- ended up staying in a hut with three other women. We were also yelled at for not wearing life jackets when swimming, although that expectation was never set. I spoke to the OJC when we returned, and they were apologetic, but I hope they choose a different company in the future, since this tour was expensive and nowhere near the value for money.

Room tip: the larger bungalows looked really awesome!
Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed March 3, 2020

There were so many components of Our Jungle Camp, I thought it would only be fair to rank each of them:

Resort - 5 Stars
-This was a magical resort! The landscape and the river were beautiful. It's off the main street, but easy enough to walk into town. It was great to explore their paths and farm. Each bungalow is well spaced out, and each has a outside seating area. Our only disappointment was that they had a sign up for nightly bonfires and smores at 8pm, that we waited around for. This never happened.

Room - 4 Stars
-This was a very nice room for being an eco camp! The mosquito net and fans were sufficient. The hand soap smelled lovely in the bathroom! My only issue was there were some ants in the shower/ bathroom that bit us.

Restaurant - 5 Stars
-Loved eating at their on-site restaurant. Their Khao Soi may have been the best I had during our trip, even compared to Northern Thailand! It was delicious!

Excursions through Resort
(As the excursions are set up through the resort, I feel it is important to rate them as well)
- Night Safari - 5 Stars
- Our guide was an expert! He got us off the beaten track from other groups doing a night safari. He was well spoken, and knew his stuff. This was a highlight of our stay. (Tips: He's a fast walker, so get ready to speed walk to get to the National Park! Also, Check your self for leeches upon your return...)
-Day on the Lake - 3 Stars
- We were not as impressed with our guide on the Cheow Lan Lake, that was set up by OJC. It seems like most people book this excursion through their hotel, however, if I went back, I may look else where, so I could book off of reviews. It was a rather touristic day, and seems to do the same loop as all the other boats. There is a "local market stop" in the beginning, that every van makes. It's a odd 15 minutes of waiting around for the van to leave again. As I'm sure you'll be eager to be on a longtail boat, and get some photos - we were disappointed the boat never stopped to let each couple / family get photos on the end of the boat. (The boat is moving too fast to just get up and get a photo) On our past Thailand trips, the boats usually stop so everyone can grab some photos. I asked the guide, but he pretended he didn't understand, otherwise, his english was perfect. The lunch stop wasn't great, and takes place by the overwater bungalows - which after seeing, I am very thrilled we didin't spend the night at. (sewage tanks floating in the water)

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank Arkatini
Reviewed March 2, 2020 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights 1-3march 2020. Stayed with my daughter as part of our travelling round Thailand! The treehouse hornbill was our home for 2 nights! It was idealic sitting out listening to the wildlife and taking in the beautiful scenery! We had a twin room and everything was very clean and even had an electric shower so plenty of hot water! We booked a full day trip to Cheow lake and chilled in the restaurant and bar in the evening! Definately a must visit destination

Trip type: Traveled with family