All reviews book your tours elephant tour jungle camp close to nature tree house air conditioning the river cheow lan lake hot water one night mosquito net national park day trip two nights khao soi treehouse fan
Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

We recently visited with our 3 year old and staying in the single story tree house. It's was nice. It's really hot at night and you need to use the mosquito net while you sleep..the only problem with that is the fan can't get through the net...So it's uncomfortable. We had a great time seeing all of the monkeys in the morning, we also did the elephant tour and the canoe tour, which were great. The hotel charge you 7% VAT on everything - room, food and tours. Be careful. We didn't realise and our bill was huge. Also they only take cash there (We didn't know)...which made it difficult. Thankfully the manager there offered for us to pay via PayPal - we had to add 5% to the total bill though to do this.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Michelle G
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed my time at Koh Sok, and staying at our jungle camp made the jungle experience a lot more enjoyable. We stayed in a single story treehouse...the foxtail house (looks so cool), couldn’t fault the bed, bathroom or anything to do with accommodation (apart from the loud animals all night but that’s all part of it!!). I am 100% sure either one of the maids pinched my honey facemask (about £2 from U.K in a little packet lol) which I was hoping to use at some point on my travels...unless it was a monkey lol (they do warn you about monkeys pinching food...not facemasks though). Anyway, good experience & always amazing food with lots of choice at the hotel restaurant. Waitresses ALWAYS bring out mains before starters...even when we specified...maybe order opposite way around?! Also, they add a 7% service charge onto everything you book / pay for through the hotel. So like room, food, trips. They don’t make this clear on arrival or when booking but apparently (when we queried it) it IS outlined in the hotels policy...who even reads small print?! So we had a service charge bill of about 900 baht at the end of our 3 night stay as we ate there most nights and also booked 2 trips (for 2 people) too through the hotel. Boyfriend wasn’t too happy but what can you do... I do think it’s a bit cheeky, most hotels include it in their charge from outset so you get no nasty surprises. I can imagine if your not aware and a big family this can result in a pretty big service charge. So my advice... don’t trip anyone... they get it!!

Hope this helps.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jenny K
Reviewed April 23, 2018 via mobile

The place is very nice, the bungalows and treehouses are scattered around in a big garden. We stayed in the Hornbill treehouse. It was nice and spacious, though I did not like the creaking of the floor. We did not book any activity in advance, and they were barely able to find us a slot to trek to the Rafflesia - this was quite upsetting, they should have contacted us about the tours if they have such a shortage of guides.
The food was good. Overall I can recommend this place, but do not forget to book your tours well in advance!

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zsolt B
Reviewed April 22, 2018

We had a two night stay here in a riverside bungalow/lodge and we had a great time. The scenery and surrounding jungle is stunning, quiet and close to nature. The accommodation itself is basic (no A/C, only fan) but we found this to be no problem and the rustic simplicity of it all made it better. You can either just chill with nature or go on the many walks and treks. The local village of Khao Sok is very close and has some good bars and restaurants. Staff were friendly and the restaurant was good. If you want to get close to nature, unwind and relax this is the place. One thing you should know.........BEWARE THE MONKEYS..............they are practiced thieves and raiders!

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

We stayed in the treehouses at this fantastic place, close to nature. It is still something of a work in progress but it is clear that in a while it will be just perfect.

The treehouses are beautifully built and fitted out - but do not expect air con - this place is for living close to nature. There are no bright lights and it is generally peaceful other than the sounds of the local insects and animals (but see below).

So, a few small gripes: the food is very fairly priced but (to our mind) much better in town. We are local food here but it was not our favourite meal.

The accommodation is not close to each other but it is easy to hear other guests, especially at night.

They are still building and construction noise (drills, saws and hammering) starts at 8 am. A bit early! I suggest that you bring ear plugs! Also, some of the area around the accommodation is messy and could be tidier - see my photo below.

That’s it - please do not take too much notice of my gripes - I am sure that in time this will be the magical place that it intends to be!

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family