Hotel La Bluette
$396
Hotels.com
Le Club Posada(La Barra)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssitting areaspacious roomswimming poolbed and breakfastbeachocean
Reviewed June 24, 2009

we were upgraded and had a fantastic room, decor was right to my taste and the doona the best i've slept under. the hosts were kind and the breakfast large.

it is a fair way out of punta and during the winter much of la barra was closed so you definitely need a car.

the beach opposite is fantastic even in the winter and we had a lovely, relaxing stay

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank reins76
Reviewed May 11, 2009

I'm from Uruguay but live in the U.S for years. I was taking my husband to visit for the first time and was looking for a wonderful place to stay, with personalize service, quiet and by the ocean. Thanks to previous reviews I decided for this hotel and thank you all for your help!

This place is wonderful and yes, the owners are very caring, polite and make you feel right at home.

The ocean view from the Hotel is amazing and we got an awesome room. I would call it a "colonial style", very charming, personable, clean, even their shampoo and conditioner worked great on my hair.

Very quiet and the breakfast delightful, seating right outside, enjoying the breeze and ocean view. Then you cross the street and you are right at the beach. What else can you ask for?

You definitely need a car but worth while. I wished we could have stayed longer!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CamdenSF
Reviewed April 26, 2009

I had intended to write a review after we returned from a S. American trip two years ago. At that time we spent a couple of nights in La Bluette. Having just returned from another S. American trip recently, although not to Uruguay this time, I still treasure my visit to Punta Del Este and the La Bluette Hotel. For fun I just looked up the La Bluette and felt compelled to write a note to anyone looking at this hotel. Everything previously written about the wonderful hospitality of Hugo and family was true when we visited. The rooms are such a treat, all colorfully and beautifully decorated. (But don't expect a TV..who needs that!) We were travelling with our teenage boys and an older daughter. This hotel was a splurge for us, and it was worth it for both the comfortable lodging and still, looking back, a great memory after two years. The breakfast is lovely, and the beach is just across the roadway which is not very busy at all. I have noticed that some have whinned about this, but it is not an inconvenience unless you are simply used to highrise hotels/ammenities. This little hotel is charming, peaceful, clean and inviting, especially to travelers looking for something out of the ordinary. One drawback might be that teenagers always want some lively activities. For that I recommend they venture onto the frequent bus service that stops nearby the hotel and take an adventure into town. On that note, we could have saved money by simply taking this little bus service when we arrived in Punta del Este instead of taking the two taxis we needed to transport five of us with our luggage. Live and learn! Something funny that occured when we were there..my rambunctious teenage boys actually broke something in the room they stayed in..when I told Hugo about this, he told me a story about himself and his brother. Apparently when they were kids and bouncing off their bedroom walls, one of them put a whole in the wall. Hugo said his father never repaired the wall, but rather let the boys be constantly reminded of their actions. Guess I thought that was funny as I still recall that. Anyway, Hugo was very understanding of family dynamics!! So...even after two years, I still remember the La Bluette with fond memories and highly recommend a stay for those looking for something special. MicheleH07

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank MicheleH07
Reviewed March 11, 2009

What a great 4 days we spent here. We were upgraded to a wonderful suite, large and beautifully decorated, big bathroom with plenty of hot water, great airconditioner, large patio overlooking the ocean (across the street, which really doesn't have much traffic), delicious breakfasts every morning, they even packed a sandwich for the beach.

I think this kind of hotel is a real find. The owners are gracious and warm, they will bend over backwards with recommendations for restaurants and places to go. We felt like family. They would bring out fresh fruit drinks when we returned from the beach, share a glass of wine from the wine cellar, call and comfirm reservations, just about anything you could ask for, they would do.

If you are looking for a 5 star hotel with an elevator to the top floor, room service and impersonal service, this is not the place, but if you love a great intimate hotel, by all means stay here. I can't wait to return one day!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank susanna1875
Reviewed February 9, 2009

La Bluette is a little haven of Paradise. The rooms are all uniquely designed with beautiful interiors and incredibly spacious too. The bathrooms are amazing - big showers & superbly clean. And then there is the breakfast which has to be the cherry topping on the slice of heaven! Most importantly though, besides all these bonus aesethic factors, I have to say it was actually the people who ran it that made this stay as special as it was. Hugo & his gorgeous wife are THE PERFECT HOSTS. They made us feel like family and they couldn't have been more kind, more welcoming or more accommodating at any given time - especially as we seemed to create drama no matter what we did!

For example: we arrived very late after a hellish day's journey from BA by Buqua Bus (my tip to all: FLY to Punta) We got to Motevideo, 2.5 hours away and couldn't get a bus. It got later & later and was chaotic being nearly NYE so being typically British we thought sod it, we'll get a taxi. By the time we arrived it was around midnight & we were exhausted from the travelling. We got in to the beautiful hotel reception with the most breathtaking sweeping staircase and all the family were there on hand to welcome us and help with bags. They had stayed up for us. As a B&B they only do snacks and immediately recognised we must be hungry so offered to drive us into La Barra. Whilst only a ten minute walk, this was just what we needed.

On briefly unpacking into our BEAUTIFUL room: clean, spacious, gorgeous decoration with a rustic charm (Moroccan feel to this particular room), it was then I realised I'd left my passport & wallet in the taxi. You can imagine the utter panic. Hugo was amazing. They immediately started phoning the police, embassies and in the end it was me who had to persaude them to stop phoning people and let me carry on the following day.

They dropped us off that night at the most lovely Italian restaurant that was full, but Hugo with his charm and knowledge of the local owner, walked in with us & got us a table in there immediately. We had an amazing meal & would highly recommend you try it.

The next day, we were up and given breakfast outside on their very pretty patio against the gorgeous flowered yellow walls of La Bluette, in the sunshine...the coffee (and breakfast overall) was the best we had on the whole of our S. America trip (seriously!)...and then there was Hugo again telling us to get ready as he was taking us to the local police station. He was just continually generous in helping us both and was so genuine and had such a brilliant sense of humour. You can't fail to like this guy.

Long story short we actually got the passport back (yes I'm lucky) and we ended up staying a bit longer. ON the one night we didn't have a hotel, despite being full everywhere, Hugo got us into one of his friends homes in a spare room we rented for the night. It's service and kindness like that that just makes your trip so enjoyable, so relaxing and above all really quite special.

You can walk literally across the road and you're on the beach. It's much nicer than being in Punta as it's a bit more quiet and actually, in terms of the night life and restaurants - La Barra is better. You can get a bus too pretty much anywhere off the road by the hotel to Jose Ignacio (go to the restaurant on the beach - again Hugo will know and help you book this)...so whilst it's not in the hub of things & at first might seem more individually located, it's actually perfect.

This really is the most charming of places. They have a pool at the back if you can't face the beach and they are willing to bend over backwards to make your trip perfect...I miss La Bluette and will go back. I can not recommend it enough. If you like your luxury that bit more affordable and not so mainstream, then this is the place to impress! They have their wine cellars stocked so make sure on arrival you try some of their fine selection!

Don't think about it. Just book it. You won't regret it.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends