This is a cozy little stop along the highway with individual cabins that are private, quiet, comfortable and cozy with a beautiful view all around. It includes a nice little restuarant and a pleasant and friendly staff. We drove in late one evening as the restuarant was closing and the girl who helped us was so kind. We just wanted a quick place for the night and all the cheaper rooms were gone but she had cabins available and gave us a little discount since it was so late. It was so nice I didn't want to go to sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Sheep Mountain Lodge. Located at the base of the Sheep Mountains at Mile 113 of the Glenn Hwy #1, Sheep Mountain Lodge has been serving Alaskans and travelers since 1946. On the road to Alaska's Interior region, the Lodge is noted for it's cleanliness, hospitality, good food and recreational opportunities. Dall sheep are frequently seen grazing on the mountainside just behind the Lodge. In the summer months, local trails provide ample opportunity for hiking, wildflower walks and wildlife viewing. In the winter months cross-country skiers, snowmobilers and dog mushers explore the areas many trails and recreational opportunities. We offer home-cooked meals made with the freshest ingredients possible, proudly supporting our Alaskan farmers and fishermen whenever possible. We hope to see you at Sheep Mountain Lodge! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Sheep Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheep Mountain Hotel Glacier View
- Sheep Mountain Lodge Alaska/Glacier View