What a nice little find for a quiet getaway in the winter. Many kilometers of groomed ski trails await, with cozy cabins ready for warming up. In the winter, you can rent a larger cabin with all amenities, or a smaller, "dry" cabin and use the shower house for toilets and shower. The hot tub is a great way to warm up, and a wood fired sauna is available, too. In the winter, restaurant service is available for parties of 12 or more as long as reservations are made; otherwise the restaurant is closed from late September until mid-May.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Sheep Mountain Lodge. Located at the base of the Sheep Mountains at Mile 113 of the Glenn Hwy #1, Sheep Mountain Lodge has been serving Alaskans and travelers since 1946. On the road to Alaska's Interior region, the Lodge is noted for it's cleanliness, hospitality, good food and recreational opportunities. Dall sheep are frequently seen grazing on the mountainside just behind the Lodge. In the summer months, local trails provide ample opportunity for hiking, wildflower walks and wildlife viewing. In the winter months cross-country skiers, snowmobilers and dog mushers explore the areas many trails and recreational opportunities. We offer home-cooked meals made with the freshest ingredients possible, proudly supporting our Alaskan farmers and fishermen whenever possible. We hope to see you at Sheep Mountain Lodge! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia and Orbitz so you can book your Sheep Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheep Mountain Hotel Glacier View
- Sheep Mountain Lodge Alaska/Glacier View