Review Highlights
Luxury camping

We did luxury camping for one night. The view from our tent high up on a hill overlooking Matanuska... read more

Reviewed today
Joshua T
ICE FALL TREK

Great experience, wonderful view. Very knowledgeable guide, all gears provided! I would highly... read more

Reviewed today
888janeq

All reviews ice climbing matanuska glacier hiking boots luxury camping ice falls hour trek amazing experience glacier walk zip lining highlight of our trip glacier water small group private tour knowledgeable guide great guide visiting alaska three hours
Selected filters
Reviewed August 20, 2017

We spent 3 days/ 2 nights at the luxury camping campsite. During or time we went ice climbing, ice trekking and zip lining. Every outing was with a small group which was amazing. Sometimes a tour company will bring out so many people it makes an adventure less than enjoyable.....that was not the case with MICA. The groups were from 4-6 people. The guides were unbelievable, very informed and safety aware. Entertaining teens can be tough but, they did a super job keeping the boys happy.
I had a problem with the charges, mostly because I kept adding things on. They were helpful and quick to remedy the situation.
My only complaint was that the parking area of the Luxury campsite was less than appealing to the eye. We were in campsites that were out of site of the parking area which was nice. I would have been unhappy to be in the one site that overlooked the parking area. with little effort I think it could be made to be a little more appealing.
Every person we worked with during our time there was truly wonderful

Reviewed August 20, 2017

This was the first time that 4 of the 5 of my party zip lined. It was my dad's second time w/MICA. My 8 year old son thought that it was awesome and wanted to go again. My 10 year old daughter really enjoyed it also. I was apprehensive, looking off of the perfectly good platform that I had to step off of to start my ride. It ended up being a great experience and I would do it again. The guides were very safety conscious and gave thorough directions.

Reviewed August 20, 2017

MICA and all the folks that make it work are fantastic. My four boys and I (21-15) went on zip line and ice climbing. The guides couldn't have been more knowledgeable, friendly and helpful.

Thank you Curt, Jesse, Brett and the entire crew!

Reviewed August 19, 2017

Had an amazing time on the ice trek at Matanuska Glacier. Our guide, Axel, was professional, patient, responsible, and extremely knowledgeable. The employees were responsive and Alec was very helpful on the phone when I called asking for directions and had questions. Would love to come back again to try out ice climbing with Mica Guides. It was a blast and definitely a memorable adventure. Thanks Mica Guides!

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed August 19, 2017

The trek was a great experience for us. of its kind. Pete was very professional and guided us all through the trek. He showed us different glacier formations like crevasses and moulin and helped us cross crevasses. Must do activity in Alaska.