Review Highlights
Excellent!

The whole trip was adjusted based on our interests and abilities. Our guide Kate made sure it's... read more

Reviewed October 17, 2018
End_of_Cloud
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Glacier trekking

It was a wonderful experience and the guide was excellent, she knew her stuff and she was well... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed September 26, 2018
EL A

All reviews ice climbing matanuska glacier hiking boots luxury camping ice falls hour trek amazing experience glacier walk zip lining glacier water highlight of our trip glacier experience small group knowledgeable guide private tour great guide three hours
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We were a family of 4 with 2 teens who were begging to try this so off we went. It was amazing!! Living in North Carolina there are not many glaciers:)). We had no concept of the enormity, nor the science. By the end of the day we not only had an exciting adventure ice climbing the vertical walls but learned so much else about the nature of a glacier. I can't imagine having a better guide than Danny. Not only a super nice guy, & easy to talk to, he was so knowledgeable in all aspects of his job. We felt VERY safe. He was so vigilant about our safety with every climb we did. You must give it a try!!

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Took a three hour hiking tour of the glacier with Abby & Ben. Those two are the BEST guides! Had an absolutely great time. It was fun and educational.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

We did the 3 hour ice trek on Matanuska Glacier and it was definitely worth doing. I felt like I could have scaled anything i those crampons. I can't remember our guides name, but she was great. Very cool getting up close and personal with a glacier, I would definitely go back, and maybe try ice climbing next time,

Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband and I did some ice climbing on the glazier with Reece and Mandy. The guides were very knowledgeable and encouraging. It was beautiful and challenging. They started with a small climb and then a hike to a larger climb. Don't forget to stop at the top of the climbs and enjoy the view!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Our guide Malcomm was very informative and took care of all the stuff. I and my husband never tried climbing before but by the end of the day we were able to climb an approx 75ft ice wall.We got to spend a total of 7 hours on the glacier and have some amazing memories.Totally recommended.

Date of experience: May 2014