“Awesome. One of the coolest thing I've ever done.”
Review of MICA Guides

MICA Guides
More attraction details
Owner description: Alaska glacier tours and ice climbing since 1999. Join us for a unique adventure just two hours from Anchorage. Discover glacier trekking or ice climbing on the blue ice of the Matanuska Glacier. Adventures for most ages and abilities.Get off the boat or out of the bus and actually walk on a glacier with our professional guides. Over 17,000 guests have enjoyed our glacier trekking and ice climbing. Now includes the fastest zipline in Alaska and helicopter tours.
Reviewed June 24, 2014

The day on the glacier was a highlight of a 9 day Alaska adventure trip.
Climbing on a glacier is awesome. You can't appreciate its beauty or scope until your on it.
Learning about the glacier from people who have seen it change and know it well was great. Learning how to climb with ice axes and crampons was among the coolest things I've ever done.. Our guide Reese gave us the confidence to do it by teaching us everything we needed to know to do it safely. He is passionate about climbing and you could tell he loved what he was doing.
Sandra, our awesome guide on a greater adventure (check out Exposure Alaska) was equally passionate about the outdoors and knowledgeable about ice climbing. You start in a gear room and get fitted with boots, crampons, helmet, gloves and harness. They make sure it all fits properly. Then they take you out on the glacier for a trek and to climb. Other groups were walking around out there with micro spikes strapped on their shoes or nothing at all. They weren't doing what we were doing. I'll do it again when I return to Alaska and if you get the chance..Do it.

All reviews
in 18 reviews
"great guide"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We were a family of 4 with 2 teens who were begging to try this so off we went. It was amazing!! Living in North Carolina there are not many glaciers:)). We had no concept of the enormity, nor the science. By the end of the day we not only had an exciting adventure ice climbing the vertical walls but learned so much else about the nature of a glacier. I can't imagine having a better guide than Danny. Not only a super nice guy, & easy to talk to, he was so knowledgeable in all aspects of his job. We felt VERY safe. He was so vigilant about our safety with every climb we did. You must give it a try!!

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Took a three hour hiking tour of the glacier with Abby & Ben. Those two are the BEST guides! Had an absolutely great time. It was fun and educational.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

We did the 3 hour ice trek on Matanuska Glacier and it was definitely worth doing. I felt like I could have scaled anything i those crampons. I can't remember our guides name, but she was great. Very cool getting up close and personal with a glacier, I would definitely go back, and maybe try ice climbing next time,