Review Highlights
Excellent!

The whole trip was adjusted based on our interests and abilities. Our guide Kate made sure it's... read more

Reviewed October 17, 2018
End_of_Cloud
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Glacier trekking

It was a wonderful experience and the guide was excellent, she knew her stuff and she was well... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed September 26, 2018
EL A

All reviews ice climbing matanuska glacier hiking boots luxury camping access fee ice falls hour trek amazing experience glacier walk zip lining glacier water highlight of our trip glacier experience small group knowledgeable guide private tour great guide
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I told our guide Alyssa that this experience had to tie with a McKinley summit flight seeing tour that we also went on. It was breath taking to fly over glaciers, but to actually walk on one and see the formations and the blue ice close up, hear it, drink the water, and fully take it all in, is incredible!! Alyssa spent a lot of time with us, she's very knowledgeable, well trained and she was our photographer for the family xmas card:) I would definitely recommend MICA if you plan on going Glacier Trekking.

1  Thank Glacier28
Reviewed September 16, 2011

We tried 6 hrs Ice Climbing trip with Jeff and Alisha.
I must say they both are amazing instructor, you will know this in a min.
I wanted badly to try this, so I pursued the other couple with us to also join us.
my friends wife, was really relunctant to try anything adventrous and that too on ice ...
Inspite of this we all booked the tour, and went ahead with our guides.
my friends wife was the first one to climb, after intial briefing and training.

While she was climbing, she started crying, the instructors pushed her to try harder and try to reach till the top, and all while she was crying.

once she was down, we were all scared, if she is gonna blast on us.
But the instructors really cool her down, and jeff became her good friend and persuaded her to try again. I could not beleive it, she tried a little bit on the climbs.
and She cherishes these memories as one of the best time in alaska.

Date of experience: September 2011
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Me and my husband took the Ice Climbing tour during the Labor day weekend. Julie and Matt were our guides. We had a wonderful experience. They were very knowledgeable. We started at 10:30 AM and completed the tour around 5:30PM. Everything was perfectly arranged. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is ready for a bit strenuous activity.

Date of experience: September 2011
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Our tour guide for the Matanuska ice trek (Alyssa) was absolutely wonderful. We learned so much about glaciers and their formation/history in the 3 hours that we spent with her. I definitely recommend going with Mica Guides if you want to do anything on the glaciers. They are extremely knowledgeable and well-trained.

Reviewed September 2, 2011

I found Mica guides through Google because I was interested in seeing the Matanuska Glacier, and, once I arrived, found that they did everything from flight-seeing tours to kayaking to trips into the Denali Park. Best guides for the money. If you want to do 9 days in Alaska, let them be the ones to show you how to do it right. 5/5 Excellent.

2  Thank kkingz92