$155
Sheep Mountain Lodge(Glacier View)(Great Value!)
$119
  • Restaurant
$15
Pitchup.com
All reviewswasher and dryerthe kitchenstayed longermatanuska glacierglenn highwayone nighthome away from homeliving roomthe owneramazing hostscabin numberbeautiful cabinsecond bedroomice treklog cabinbeautiful insidehas everything you could need
Reviewed August 18, 2015

My family had an excellent stopover in Homestead Guest Cabins on our way from Valdez to Anchorage. The cabin is very very cozy which is the best one we have stayed in our 9-night Alaska trip. Sandy the owner is very accommodative and shared with us her beautiful flowers. We really enjoyed the homelike environment. We even did a short trail hiking nearby and found neighbor residents are very friendly, too. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2015

When we say Alaska we now think of these lovely cabins! They are all lovely and have everything you might need. We had 6 people and rented two cabins for three night. It was perfect. the first morning we sat outside with tea and had a magnificent view of a mountain and then a moose and her baby walked by! the owners are fabulous! Loved this experience!

Stayed: July 2015
Reviewed July 8, 2015

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at Homestead Guest Cabins in June. Before booking with Sandy and Dan, I had a lengthy conversation (from Australia) with Sandy, who could not have been more helpful. I felt so incredibly comfortable speaking with her about all kinds of questions with regard to our 2 and a half week driving adventure we were planning. By the time we actually met, I felt I was reuniting with an old friend. The cabins are spacious, beautifully built, tastefully decorated and there isn’t a thing that hasn’t been provided in order to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We also had a lovely view from our cabin, # 2. At the moment, internet is not available at the cabin, however I believe that this is something which Sandy and Dan intend to provide in the not too distant future. The area itself is a wonderful base for visiting the Matanuska Glacier as well as a range of great hiking areas. I would highly recommend the Homestead Guest Cabins as the perfect “home away from home”, from which to explore this lovely part of Alaska.

• Stayed: June 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2015

I have extensive experience in Alaska. This was the nicest cabin I have ever stayed. It even had a washer and drier. The cabins, furnishing, linen, etc. were all in very good shape.

I highly recommend it if you are near the Matanuska Glacier.

• Stayed: June 2015, traveled with family
2  Thank kburke2006
Reviewed June 8, 2015

What a find! These quaint and nice cabins in the wood are a place you would never want to leave. We stayed in Cabin 2 and – being spring and not much foliage on the trees – the views from the balcony and kitchen table are a dream come through. Susan and Dan are very nice and friendly and helpful people. Contact with Susan during the booking process was a real pleasure. Susan’s flowers proves she is very dedicated to gardening. Upon the hosts recommendation we bought our food supply in Palmer and had a nice steak on the charcoal grill provided. The cozy cabin has everything you need for a short stay and enough pots and pans also for a longer period. The beds are equipped with very good matrasses and we enjoyed a really good and relaxed sleep in this tranquil surrounding. It was just hard to get to bed, as the ever changing view of the mountains with the long daytime hours was so nice.
If you go for the glacier trip, make sure to wear rubber boots, as our shoes got so dirty it took us days to clean them.

Room Tip: All the cabins are excellent and far from each other, so a lot of privacy.
  • Stayed: May 2015, traveled with family