$155
Sheep Mountain Lodge(Glacier View)(Great Value!)
$119
  • Restaurant
$99
  • Free Internet
All reviewswasher and dryerthe kitchenstayed longermatanuska glacierglenn highwayone nighthome away from homeliving roomthe owneramazing hostscabin numberbeautiful cabinlog cabinsecond bedroomice trekhas everything you could needfossil beds
Reviewed August 5, 2012

If you're reading this review, it means you are considering Homestead Guest Cabins. Book this place and you won't regret it! I wasn't sure what to expect because I've never stayed in a cabin, never mind a log cabin, before. When I called to make the reservation, Sandy was super friendly and answered all my questions, even when I asked if there was air conditioning - she very kindly explained that the weather never got hot enough to need a/c and she was right! Before I arrived, I had emailed Sandy for some different reasons including asking about where to pick up groceries, if there were supplies provided such as cooking oil, utensils, etc, and also if we could have a small tv and DVD player in the cabin and she always replied very quickly and was very friendly (the answer was yes to all I asked). Getting to the cabin, the drive from Anchorage is great - so lovely with wonderful opportunities to take scenic photos. We stayed in the smallest cabin and when I opened the door, I was so thrilled. After staying in Anchorage where lodging is expensive and not so great, Homestead cabins provides everything you could possibly need and more that you didn't realize you may need. The cabin was just the right amount of space for all our luggage and our groceries. There is a full kitchen with all dishes, utensils, pots and pans for cooking if you wish, small table to eat at, sofa. All toiletries are provided and I think it must have a giant water heater because our water was always so so hot and it never ran out. Outside on the porch, you can sit outside and take in the scenery or grill if you want. I saw what looked like an outside fire pit if you wanted although we didn't use it. We stayed for three nights and slept really well while there. The location is close to both Mica Guides and I think also Nova, if you are there for their trips of ice climbing, trekking, rafting. There is no internet or tv, but Sandy provides instructions on where you can get free wifi 0.75 miles away and we had brought our own DVDs to watch on the tv they provided. If you want to chat, you can go up to Sandy and Dan's house to talk and they showed us their cabin as well. But if you prefer privacy, the cabins are situated in a way that you may not even run into Sandy or Dan at all. I would definitely recommend this place to stay. It's super peaceful, great value for money, and will recharge your batteries.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jorlan
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Wonderful place, wonderful hosts, wonderful stay! My family of 4 stayed in the largest of 3 cabins. The cabin was large, clean, and fabulous – even had laundry facilities – a huge plus! Pots of colorful flowers and creative wood working on the porch are warm and inviting. Our amazing hosts made this stop the highlight of our 2-week Alaskan vacation. We stayed for a week as there is so much to do here – and would loved to have stayed longer. Just the best! Highly recommended - Wonderful!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Doug B
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The instant we meet Sandy we were made to feel at home. The cabin was beautiful, cosy, homely and immaculately clean. Everything you could ever need was there. The cabins are tucked away in a very quiet residential location, very close to Matanuska Glacier.
We wanted to pick the cabin up and bring it home to live in. Fantastic value for money, we could not have wished for more.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jodie0
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed in the largest of the cabins and it was amazing. The cabin had everything that you could possibly need including a fully equipped kitchen and everything was immaculate. I loved the solitude and being lulled to sleep by the sound of rain on the roof. Sandy was the perfect hostess! I would loved to have stayed longer. This was not an issue for us, but be aware that you will not have cell phone coverage, internet access, or television here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Elizabeth M
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We stayed in the middle sized cabin for one week in March to escape big city life. The Matanuska valley is absolutely stunning and perfect for hiking and enjoying nature and scenery. The cabin was the perfect choice, it's very well maintained, fully equipped with everything you need and located in the middle of the peaceful Matanuska valley. The hosts live nearby and were extremely welcoming and, already prior to our arrival, very helpful. We used the cabin as our homebase for daytrips into the vacinity and could have easily stayed longer - for everybody who loves nature, there is so much to see and do!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple