All reviews hot tub mica guides awesome experience once in a lifetime wood burning ice climbing tent camping an awesome view denali highway the kitchen surrounding mountains the owner matanuska glacier next morning two nights one night sheep mountain lodge
Reviewed August 21, 2018

I'm not normally a camper, so I was nervous when I booked this, but was swayed by the wonderful reviews. I was not disappointed. The tents are very clean and beds are very comfortable. We enjoyed the community kitchen and yard - it was a perfect break from the normal busy world we live in and from the TV. We did however have good cell service here so we were not completely disconnected and we were able to recharge in the kitchen. We spent some fun family time together playing cornhole with an amazing backdrop, soaking in the hot tub and just relaxing in the tent. The beds are very comfortable and very warm too. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: There are only 3 tents, ours seemed like the best, but I'm pretty sure they are all amazing.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2018

We reviewed and read so many things to do on our 6-day land excursion in Alaska prior to our cruise. All of the reviews kept pointing to this one. So we booked it early, because we had a particular night that we knew it would work on our journey. We are so glad we didn't mess it up in any way and got to do this! The staff was amazing. They were all young, friendly, and energetic. When we arrived for our 4:30 hike on the Glacier prior to our evening in the luxury tents, it began to rain....and rain hard. Despite the disappointment, we decided to press through on the hike and it could not have been more beautiful. But coming back to our tents in the evening was great. They are super comfortable, warm, and a perfect experience. One of the summer helpers (Katie from Homer, AK) was there for just a short period of time, but we were blessed we intersected with her. She helped us with breakfast, engaged us in great conversation throughout the morning, and just made our time there sheer joy. If this is your once in a lifetime trip to Alaska, I would heartily recommend trying to work a night or two here into your trip while near the Matanuska Glacier.

Room Tip: There are 3 cabins. I would try to ask for one on either end, instead of the middle one if given a chance, but they're all great.
Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed August 4, 2018

I wish we could have stayed longer! Everything about our experience at Alpenglow was top-notch!! Mandy is the ultimate host and really has thought of everything to ensure a comfortable stay. If given the opportunity to have dinner on site, DO IT!! Best meal of our entire Alaskan trip!! This place has left a lasting impression on my heart and I can't wait to return! Thank you Mandy for creating and sharing such a special place!

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Amanda V, Owner at Alpenglow Luxury Camping, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. So good to hear that you really enjoyed the cooking! I try very hard to make this a unique experience and it seems you had a great time here, thanks again for staying and hope to see you all again!

Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

This is absolutely one of the most amazing places you cannot miss in Alaska. My husband and I wanted to do something different on vacation - avoid the tourist traps, see the postcard views in person instead of from behind a bus window, meet some of the local experts and for it to be a one of a kind trip. Alpenglow luxury camping accomplished JUST THAT in every way. Eco-friendly, magical views, and top notch food and amenities made it the best stay of our 12 day trip.

We found the tent and beds to more comfy and cozy than any hotel we stayed in. We woke up to a postcard-perfect, unobstructed view of the glacier and snow covered peaks in the distance. One of the most breathtaking panoramas! What’s better than that great view? Enjoying it from your own Adirondack chair with fresh French-press coffee, homemade granola from your hosts, and blissful silence (except for the wind in the trees). Absolutely flawless.

This place blew us away with the minimal impact it has on the environment! The local tour guides with Mica guides that stay on site all help lead the way with embracing and enjoying an earth friendly lifestyle so it’s SO easy to find yourself at home there. We loved eating meals including fresh fruits, veggies, and herbs right from their garden on site! Farm to table for real! My husband is now addicted to the rhubarb dessert Mandy made.

Every night was like having a family dinner with the guides. Afterward, we loved soaking in the incredible cedar hot tub and absorbing every minute of stillness and calm we could. We never wanted for anything and found this small-scale but luxe hideaway to be the perfect way to do Alaska. We look forward to returning here as soon as we can!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for the nice review. I am so glad you enjoyed the cozy beds and awesome views! Happy to hear you enjoyed the meals and our new cedar tub! Hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 20, 2018

Alpenglow was the highlight of our Alaska vacation! The site and accomodations were beautiful, the staff was incredibly friendly, and it was located very close to all our Matanuska adventures. We especially loved the hot tub and homemade breakfast and the tents were so fun and comfortable to stay in. Alpenglow truly is luxury camping!

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple