“A comfortable stopover - if on a budget.”
Review of The Bridge Inn

The Bridge Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Yatton B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

I booked this as a convenient stopover point between Cornwall and Windsor. Bearing in mind this was a Bank Holiday weekend I only paid £30 for the room. Yes the decor is dated and the corridors tired and scuffed but at this price you don't expect the Ritz so why judge to that standard?

My room was clean and comfortable with a good power shower in the bathroom. Had breakfast in the adjacent pub. Tea, juice, fruit, cereal, toast and a massive fry up all for £6.49.

Served its purpose well and if needed for similar reasons would be more than happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I stayed at the bridge inn to break up the drive for our holiday. Looking online it looked ok, basic but what you expect for your money. We were given keys to our rooms and on first glance they looked fine, clean bedding and towels but the rooms and hallways had a funny damp/ stale smell about them. I came to use the bathroom which again was ok but didn't feel completely clean, tiles were grubby and just generally tired looking, the shower head was broken and sprayed over the shower curtain and all down the walls which meant the floor was completely flooded. There was 6 of us that stayed in three rooms so we had to use one of the other showers, let's say best of a bad bunch! The pressure was awful and temperature went up and down. As we were nipping into the next town I mentioned our shower problem to the receptionist she told us someone would have a look, when we returned she told us there were no other rooms to move us to but if we fiddled about with it it has just come loose, and she would give us a few more towels. When we got back to the room the floor had been mopped and dried but the shower still the same. There wasn't any interest as to see if we were happy or in the morning if it was any better, the staff are clearly aware of these problems they just fob you off till the next people come along. The wallpaper in the hallway was stapled on the wall in places and we were awaken to numerous fire alarms in the morning. Over all I would not recommend to stay at this hotel, even as is it a budget hotel there is no excuse!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Me and my husband spent one night here. The hotel was very run down and shabby. We did not ask to be moved as room was ok just to sleep and we were out til late. Reception is not manned you had to dial for assistance which was not great but staff were pleasant when seen. Bins were emptied very early which was irritating and plug socket for the kettle was behind the tv. Carpets and wallpaper needs updating as they were stained and ripped throughout. Photos were taken and Will be uploaded. Basically ok to get your head down but dissapointng if you pay full price.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank littlemab
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for just one night before a morning flights, not sure what people want for £30 per room? Room was large clean with a bath and TV. Got there early evening watched TV in the bar had a great evening meal and slept well. Will defo stay here again if required no complaints from me. Yes the decor was tatty and could do with a touch up, but for one night who really cares .

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I booked this hotel again as it is a convienent stop over on the way to Minehead. I was under the impression that it had been recently refurbished........................Could not have been more wrong. The only difference I could see was that they have changed the entrance & exit to the carpark from the main road. Don't get me wrong the bedding & bathroom are always very clean & the beds are comfy. But the rest of the decor really lets this Hotel down. The food however in the Hungry Horse pub makes up for this a little with lots of choice & great value for money. Will still go again as the prices are always reasonable..

Room Tip: Higher floors & not overlooking the pub side.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2014

It's cheap, at £30 for the room and £12 for two breakfasts, with a comfy large bed BUT the whole place is in urgent need of refurbishment or at the very least a thorough deep clean. Our room, grandly named the Mendip Suite,was large and bizarrely contained an alcove with a jacuzzi bath with taps removed, as well an array of scruffy dark pine furniture. The shower cubicle had areas of black grouting and all corners were dirty. Only one light functioned in the bathroom and the extractor fan didn't work. I could go on, but I'm sure you get the picture. Breakfast was served in an area of the Hungry Horse Pub that bore all the signs of the previous day's busy Sunday food service with bits of food and pieces of paper napkins scattered over the carpet. The dire condition of the place was somewhat redeemed by the charming and attentive manager, who cooked and served breakfast. It seems that the place is busy so they don't have to try too hard.
It was a convenient, cheap stopover for one night,and I live in hope of never having to repeat the experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Visited yesterday evening and was absolutey disgusted when I walked inn . Dirty tables, staff just standing around, mess all over the floor just felt I walked into a death trap! Went to the bar was not greeted friendly not one bit half the food they did not have and my coke was flat! No ice given no nothing even though I asked! Sat down to see dirty menus no salt in the salt pot vinegar empty and table not been wiped! Me and my husband just wanted to leave however we stayed for food , steak was undercooked, curry was not warm or even hot chips were cold we complained but no body came over . No staff checked that we were ok and we did not eat a bite of our food!! We just simply left , I went to the loo before I left to find no toilet roll what so ever! And to find tissue stuck to the ceiling I'm certainly never going back there again I think it's badly run and a vile place to go!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Ssmith14
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yatton
DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House
Travelodge Weston-super-Mare hotel
Travelodge Weston-super-Mare hot...
#3 of 28 in Weston super Mare
Best Western Walton Park Hotel
Hollybank Bed & Breakfast

Been to The Bridge Inn? Share your experiences!