“grubby little hotel”
Review of The Bridge Inn

The Bridge Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Yatton B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stay in many hotels through business and this is perhaps only the 2nd time, i've felt the need to write a negative review;

I stayed here in June;

I gained entry to the building through an ‘emergency use only’ fire exit, which incidentally is permanently left open, along with most doors along the ground floor apartment corridor, all the way to reception.. I guess to act as secondary air-conditioning. There are several holes in the walls along this corridor and the paper is peeling in at least one area;

Under normal circumstances I’ll tend to overlook an amount of wear & tear and to be fair my room was an excellent size and in fair condition, (quite good value ignoring the dark stains on the ceiling above the shower-head). However room 20 is above an entrance where local ‘revellers’ are allowed to congregate, (screaming, swearing and shouting on a Tuesday night!)

I assume that staff are local and they probably see the hotel as a local bar first and foremost. I imagine that local young adults attracted to the pool-bar with slot machines etc are probably relatives or well known to them;

I didn't feel at all welcome. To be honest, (and crossing my mind several times whilst I was actually there) ... this felt a bit like one of those films where there's an outsider in some kind of remote place with strange people.. acting weird;

Room Tip: stay away from the entrance
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ian p

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed here last week;

Room Tip: far from the bar and near a fire exit
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I am a travelling businessman who travels a lot. I stayed at The Bridge Inn in back in January. The room was a good standard, but I wasn't too impressed by the food.
I stayed here again in May and I must say, the meals and service was fantastic. I'm not one for writing reviews, but I felt the need to write one for this place.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have stayed here several times for business reasons, and I have to say in the last few weeks or so there has been significant improvement in the quality of the food they serve.
Stayed in the hotel last week and went into the restaurant for a meal, best meal I've had in a place like that in a long time. I had a sirloin steak, on past experience always overcooked and a little tough there. However to my surprise this one was almost perfect, medium rare just how I like them. Also the meal was not swimming in grease as it usually is.
I asked the waitress about the food and she said they had just hired a new head chef, so things are obviously on the way up there.
A pleasure to dine there, and I will definitely be doing so again soon. :-)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed here for two nights last weekend while we were visiting family in Yatton.
Had 3 rooms booked, all very spacious, clean and comfortable.
Added big bonus is that they are dog friendly. No extra charge for our little spaniel
staying there either, brilliant.
Food was very enjoyable with all 6 of us having something different. Our son in law is vegetarian and usually has difficulty finding a good choice but here he was very happy.
There was entertainment on the first night and a wedding the second night but I am happy to say that once we were back in our rooms we couldn't hear any noise from either of them.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jane H
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Ok, so The Bridge Inn has certainly benefitted from the refurbishment. No longer are the tables sticky, nor the seats mucky.
The service could not be faulted and they appear to work incredibly hard. So, why does the food leave a lot to be desired?
The menu is vast and cheap. Unfortunately, when the plates arrive at the table, it is all a bit disappointing. My pulled pork burrito was a bit like baby food. It was hard to separate the individual components. The baked potato with chilli was edible enough for £2.99.
I do wonder why we had lunch here and not venture towards some quaint country pub nearby? Maybe it had something to do with what was on the TV and couldn't be missed by husband at that moment in time. Would I choose to dine here regularly? No thank you.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The pub has changed hands and has undergone a super refit and refurbishment.
New menus and good portions all mean excellent value for your money .
If you have been there before then well worth another visit just watch out for the change of entry exit routes.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Jock920

Been to The Bridge Inn? Share your experiences!