“Nice!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stanton Wick
Prague, Czech Republic
“Nice!”
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We found this hotel one day before our arrival on lateroms.com. The price for single room was 50 pounds (room only rate). The hotel with its bar and restaurant is lovely, rooms refurbished and clean. Some people wrote here they didn't like the food in hotel's restaurant-we found it pretty tasty.

Room Tip: Room 11-good room, backyard view.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We have been to the carpenters arms previously just for food, we loved it so much that we arranged to play golf near by (as we are all keen golfers) and stay the night on a dinner bed and breakfast basis, The food is fantastic proper food which you could not fault, three course meal in the evening, and the breaksfast was equally as fantastic, I could highly recommend this hotel as the rooms are great bright airy and very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank tinamac1231
Kendal
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Hubby and I needed a base for two night while attending a big family wedding. I had a good look online to find somewhere nearish Pensford, clean, comfortable, secure parking and not too expensive. In comparison to other b&b's this seemed not a hugh jump in price for what we wanted.
Once we found it tucked away down a county lane and not far from the main road, we were pleased to see ample parking with a security gate at night, and the Inn looked very quaint and pretty with lots of hanging baskets.
The staff were cheerful, friendly, and did their job attentively. The room was small (expected though in this building), bright, modern, clean, bed & pillows really comfy and en suite bathroom had a special character being a bit triangular shape and I loved the white shutters in the window over the bath/shower. Felt a touch French. The full breakfast was a good filling size. It included Black Pudding which normally I don't eat but the place gave my that holiday "what the hell, live a little" mood, & it was tasty. We weren't sure when we were to eat next over the days events. Which turned out to be loads. So the next morning I just asked for poached eggs & bacon on toast. Now this is the ONE and only minor thing that went wrong on service. Our toast took quite a while to come after the food. I think it was more of a problem with the toaster being busy than the waiting on staff. So ideally I would have preferred it all to be kept warm in the Kitchen , then come out together. Sorry I'm a bit anal when it comes to how I eat my eggs. I like to catch every bit of yummy yolk when cutting in to them.
Seriously though, are stay at The Carpenters Arms was superb and ticked all the boxes. My one regret was we didn't get to stay another night, to sample the evening food. So definitely hope to book again when visiting the family, but must fit in eating here! Well recommended b & b.:)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
London
Reviewed May 5, 2011

My brother, mother and I stayed here for one night on Saturday 30th April, as we were attending a wedding nearby. The wedding was on Saturday afternoon and as we had to drive from London, we set off early and were predictably early arriving. We phoned ahead to The Carpenters Arms and they didn't hesitate to make sure our rooms were ready when we arrived.

On arrival we were greeted with the ridiculously beautiful pub and village, it looks like English pubs are supposed to, but rarely do. We were shown to 2 rooms, one twin, one double. They were both fantastically clean and well decorated. Every room has ensuite and the bathrooms are an excellent size with good lighting and lovely little baskets of toiletries.

We then had a magnificent sandwich lunch, all fresh ingredients for the price you would pay for a cardboard Pret Sandwich in London.

We staggered back from the wedding that evening determined to have a couple of drinks in the bar of the pub, such was the draw of the place. There are enough different rooms/snugs downstairs to keep everyone happy. There were a few people standing at the bar when we came back, but we managed to find a room at the back with a tv for the male member of the party to watch Match of the Day.

One wonderful night's sleep later (I was on a twin bed, my mother assures me the double is equally comfortable), we made tea in our rooms before breakfast. And here is where the best bit comes, instead of those awful milk sachets you usually get in hotels.... THEY HAD FRESH MILK IN A THERMOS! I cannot tell you, as a dedicated tea drinker, just how unbelievably brilliant that is. Our stay finished with a home cooked breakfast downstairs, which is included in the room price. This was as good as every other bit of the stay, you could choose your own Full English, complete with local bacon/sausage and proper eggs from happy hens.

I have stayed in some fairly swanky hotels in my time, but I couldn't recommend any one of them as much as I recommend this pub. There is absolutely nothing bad to say, from the staff who run it, right down to that milk in the thermos. If you are ever in the area, just go.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mitk
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2011

We stayed here so that we could go to a friend's wedding nearby. As soon as we arrived we were charmed by the cosy bar area and friendly staff. Our room was clean and stylish with a decent sized flat screen TV and a sofa in the room. The bathroom was lovely and the shower was agreed by all to be 'amazing'. Breakfast was delicious and generous and accommodating to any additions or requests. We also eat in the pub for dinner, which was a little pricey, but very good.
Staff were friendly and extremely helpful at all times.Only moan could be that we could hear the extractors from the the kitchen in our room and it was a bit hot (time to turn the heating off?!) but overall a thoroughly enjoyable and good value stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Cardiff
Reviewed March 1, 2011

Just had an overnight stay here with our teenage daughter. Had dinner bed and breakfast. The meal was great...my husband rating the steak as the best he's ever had..and he's had a few in his time. Rooms were very comfortable and beds very cosy. Breakfast was fab -even though we could only manage the bacon sandwich after the huge meal the night before. So glad we chose this place over the souless alternative chain hotels in Bristol. Would come back!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank CardiffDeb
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Once again a first-class experience at this estabishment. Great welcome, friendly staff, spotless rooms, wonderful food and wines/beers - perfect relaxing stay and within easy reach of Bath and Bristol and the surrounding countryside. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Wookey Hole
Apsley House Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House
Best Western Plus Centurion Hotel

Been to The Carpenters Arms? Share your experiences!