“Fantastic Find!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Ellington B&B and Inns
Adelaide, Australia
“Fantastic Find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

From start to finish Katrina was the perfect hostess. We stayed here overnight and the room was great. It looked like it had been done up recently and was clean, quiet and comfortable. What more do you want?! The included breakfast is extremely generous and very well presented. We also met friends for dinner in the restaurant the previous night, and I can also say the food is wonderful. I dont have a bad word to say about "The Plough Inn" and Highly recommend it to travellers passing by or anytime for dinner.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

My wife and I passed this pub earlier in the week and decided to pay it a visit to sample the beer! The owner Katrina made us very welcome and the atmosphere in the bar was so homely could have spent the whole evening there except we were meeting friends elsewhere. We had a look at the menu which was reasonable and looked very tempting! We intended to eat there the following night but our travel plans changed and we had to cancel. We will return.

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

My father and I took advantage of a gift voucher I received for Christmas and used it to stay at The Plough Inn, Ellington to break up our Journey south from Edinburgh back to Yorkshire. We didn't expect too much and were really pleasantly surprised by everything from the warm welcome through to the excellent food and impeccably kept rooms!

The staff were wonderful and could not do enough for us. This was coupled with a fantastic sense of humour which provided excellent entertainment during our evening meal. (I do hope you managed to get the tables set out correctly for breakfast!) The food was fantastic and very reasonably priced with portions fit for a couple of rugby fans on their pilgrimage to Murrayfield. My request for "Death by Chocolate" for desert was competently met with a delicious Chocolate Fudge cake and selection of beers and wines available was great.

As we were only there for one night and hit the road once more early the next day I cannot vouch for the area, but we did make use of the small shop that was open quite late just opposite the inn and noticed their is also a cash machine conveniently located their also.

I could waffle on (as others so comfortably do with these reviews) but I shall close with a simple statement.

Its nice.....go...you wont regret it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ashby de la Zouch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

This Pub is a hidden gem. Katrina and her staff deserve to do well.

The food is excellent, the rooms very clean and the staff hard working and friendly. The locals were lovely too.

My husband said he had the best steak ever! Huge portions which meant could not find room for their lovely sweets

Good location for coastal walks and visiting Bamburgh Castle and the pretty town of Morpeth

Would recommend it

Room Tip: If you can get the double you get a Bath
Halifax, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Probably the best word to describe the Plough Inn as a place to eat is 'honest'. We all had Aberdeen Angus cheeseburger and chips with a nice side salad (a better effort than your average pub side salad) for £7.45 (from memory). And I'd happily recommend it. Friendly staff too.

There's just one thing that baffled me. It was Friday evening and there was no one else who visited for food in the whole time we were there. Not a single other person. I hope this was just a freak occurrence and I actually felt quite sorry for them, because they're just as deserving of custom as any other gastro-pub I've been to.

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

me and my wife stayed at the plough,
and loved it , the staff couldn`t do enough to help.
the room was spotless and the food was great.
best t-bone steak i have had in years,
the breakfast. was great made with proper butchers bacon and sasusages.
thanks to katrina, holly and the staff

scottish borders
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

My husband and I took my daughter and her fiance and my mother here for lunch today , the place was spotless and the staff were very attentive , the food was not only presented well but was cooked to perfection , the side salad garnish on our dishes was superb along with the homemade chunky chips , and the desserts , well ! just gorgeous. My mother who is in her 80s ordered the home made chicken and mushroom soup which was so hearty for her that she could not eat the tuna sandwiches that she also ordered , so the lovely , pleasant waitress wrapped them up for her to take home and eat at teatime . We go out for lunch often and now that we have found this place it is definitely going to become a regular haunt .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Glorian2024
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellington
Premier Inn Ashington Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,437 reviews
Roxbro House
Roxbro House
#1 of 12 in Warkworth

Been to The Plough Inn? Share your experiences!