“Excellent food & service, and amazing views. ”
Review of Three Wheat Heads

Three Wheat Heads
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Thropton
Cuisines: European, British, Gastropub
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

We ate here on July 31st and had a really excellent meal. There is very large choice and we thought the prices were reasonable given the quality of the food. Big portions too, so would suggest sharing starters and deserts.

1  Thank Chritoph

Reviewed July 29, 2014

A wonderful experience all in all. Friendly staff and beautiful views of the Simonside hills and well kept gardens. Took a while to decide on what to order as there is a wide range of dishes to choose from, eventually i decided on the Venison sizzler while my friend plumped for a medium rare steak, and both meals were cooked to perfection. The ambience of the restaurant invites a diverse range of customers, during my visit there was table of walkers relaying their morning escapades, while tucked away in the corner a young couple enjoyed each others company. A family with young children had eaten in the beer garden, their children clearly enjoying the small fort and slide, other couples were sat enjoying the sun with their dogs. One of the best meals i've eaten, along with the relaxing atmosphere makes an intoxicating recipe for a return visit.

1  Thank Jennifer S
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We were there as a family of four, two boys aged 6 and 9.

My wife ordered some ham in mustard sauce while I had a whole sea bass and the kids have pizza.

The kids loved their food, my sea bass was seriously overcooked, to the point where the fresh sea bass was more like crispy duck in a fish shape. The taste was decent but not spectacular. The sauce my wife had was quite simply horrid. This may be just that neither of us liked the sauce, but I think it was more to do with the way the sauce was made, too much of everything.

Service was ok, not fast but not slow either. I would call it "laid back"

By far the best thing about this pub/restaurant was the views which were spectacular! The lady that served us even pointed out the exact house we were staying in.

If we return to the area again I will not be eating here, although local alternatives were not numerous.

1  Thank slothmister
Reviewed July 27, 2014

After spending a fantastic day at Ingram Valley, food was clearly on our minds. We were introduced to the establishment by our neighbours who came with us along with their children. A lovely summers evening was made even more satisfying by the fantastic beer garden with amazing views which clearly take your breath away. Although quite busy, orders were taken and food dele reed all within good time. My wife and I ordered fish and chips which were superb, rabbit and house curry were the other dishes within our party. Not a mark left on the plates, truly scrumptious food and reasonably priced. Kids really enjoyed their food along with slides and climbing fortress they have within the garden. Fantastic views and amazing food and drinks, what a fantastic surprise, we can't wait to back.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Friendly staff, wide range of meals to choose from. Nice to see they allowed dogs into the beer garden and even provided a water bowl for them. Great place to eat