“good weekend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cresswell
Cresswell Towers Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Reviewed October 22, 2013

went down fri-mon got a good price for a silver plus van, van was extremlly well cleaned and nicely presented, had bedroom heaters which were needed but it was warm enough, quite site which was what i was after, food at site restaurant wasnt any great shakes, due to sheer amounr of rain the ground round caravan was bit mushy and did feel it,d been handy if they,d laid a plank of wood down to walk on, overall though i,d reccomend.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Park R, General Manager at Cresswell Towers Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for your review, it is great to know you enjoyed your caravan and it was warm enough as the winter draws closer. It can be a bit nippy at this time of the year so heaters are always well recommended. I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy the food here, I will forward your comments to the Complex Manager. Unfortunately it does get a bit mushy when we have a lot of rain as we are a woodland park. Thank you very much for your feedback and hope to see you soon in 2014.

There are newer reviews for Cresswell Towers Holiday Park - Park Resorts

Reviewed October 21, 2013

stayed here on october holidays, booked a caravan and what a surprise we got when we saw it!!! it was beautiful with double patio doors and was immaculately clean inside!! :D the leisure center was small but the entertainment was great for younger kids. wacky wes was funny and it was typical camp site humour. wouldnt really rate the food tho, i didnt find it that nice. darren was very attentive to all our needs and is an asset to the park!! all in all for the amount we paid and everything that we got we were extremely happy and if it puts a smile on our kids face then it does ours!! thanku to all at cresswell towers!!! will b back!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Park R, General Manager at Cresswell Towers Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments. I am very pleased to hear that you really like your accommodation and that it was to your standard, the accommodation team put a lot of hard work into getting it right for our guests. Wesley and Darren are both a great asset to our park and always have great reviews, I couldn’t be happier with them. I do apologise about the food and I will pass your feedback onto the complex manager. Many thanks for your comments and if you’re interested in visiting us again next year then just visit our website for the best offers next year.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

This holiday was booked through a well-known national newspaper. We arrived on Monday 14th through to Friday 18th. We stayed in a bronze caravan which is very damp and chilly especially in October, just as well we brought our oil heater. The caravan wasn't on a hard standing and we had to park the car a wee bit away from the caravan, which meant numerous trips in emptying the car. The caravan was nice and clean but the double bed was quite uncomfortable and my partner and I kept rolling into the middle of the bed. The entertainment complex was very small and having the bar, eating area, the entertainment area and the pool all in the same area was pretty strange. The bar prices were pretty shocking, how can you justify £1.95 for a Fruit Shoot? The restaurant was advertised as open all day but that wasn't the case and the snack bar at night wasn't opened at all, even though we had been told it was open between 9pm to 11pm. The pool was opened until 1pm then closed for an hour and then reopened at 2pm until 4pm. The waterwalkerz and the aquajets weren't available for hire because there was only 1 lifeguard on duty and you need 2 for these activities.
As for the entertainment it couldn't have been faulted, the only thing I would say is that at night there just wasn't enough to do for my 10 year old son. I feel that if the park had put lights at the playpark and the astroturf that would have kept my son occupied most nights. The park teamstars were brilliant, my 4 year old daughter took a shine to Charlotte. Most people actually left the complex at about 10pm leaving about 6 people in the bar area including ourselves. This wasn't the fault of the entertainment staff maybe just the sort of people staying at the park.
All in all for the money that we paid for the holiday I suppose we couldn't have expected anything more, but I don't think I will be back at this park as it was just a bit too small for my liking, just not enough to do.
On a better note the staff were brilliant and a great credit to the park.

Julie Montgomery

Room Tip: upgrade if you can.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Hi Julie, I am sorry to hear about your accommodation. I appreciate that this time of year the caravans get a bit chilly. Unfortunately we can’t allow guests to park on the lawn as it affects the look of the park, and in the given weather it can damage the grass areas. I am also sorry to hear about your double bed and it was uncomfortable. I would advise that if you see reception after you have identified these problems that they would be more than happy to accommodate your
The complex is adequate for the size of the park, however we are looking at ways to improve the customer experience moving forward and can only apologise for your frustration. I am sorry to hear about your disappointment with the swimming pool and I will speak with the swimming pool manager. I thank you for your comments on the entertainment as they work really hard, and the team here always do their best to create amazing memories. Thank you for your honest feedback and we do hope you choose Park Resorts again in the future.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I visited Cresswell Towers for 2 nights for my parents wedding anniversary. Upon arrival it was very quick to be passed details of our caravan (gold plus caravan) the site is lovely and small and it was easy to find. The caravan was in great condition, very clean and lovely and warm. After 5 minutes we had a visit to the caravan with a bottle of white wine for my parents anniversary which was a lovely surprise. The entertainment house never got massively packed, quite a lot of the caravans on the site are privately owned, easy to get a seat and entertainment fantastic for my son (age 4). The swimming pool was warm like a bath and hard to get out of once in! Overall couldn't fault the park and added bonus was the beautiful beach to walk along 5 minutes away, super clean. Would recommend and visit again.

Stayed: October 2013

Thank you very much for your kind comments and congratulations again to your parent’s anniversary. We do take pride in creating amazing memories and I’m so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. The team will be thrilled to hear this comment and will forward all feedback to them we hope to see you again next year and thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Well we as a family visited for a weekend. Although the weather was miserable they made us feel warm and welcome. We stayed with my in laws and as it was their wedding anniversary the site popped up to the van we were in and gave them a bottle of wine with compliments. Very friendly. The lady who brought it up was very friendly and pleasant. The van we were in was exceptional as vans go. Very large. Fresh bedding. Clean and smelling great. We put the hearings on and it warmed up quickly and was very homely. We popped to the shop after and staff in the shop were extremely welcoming. You feel like your part of a family here. The shop could do with a little re vamp but nothing I would really get up a hight about. We have a very expensive car and there was ample space to park it and was able to put right by our van. The pool is great and the entertainments were great for parents and children which were put on by the staff. We will defiantly be coming back. Great job guys and really recommend it.

Stayed: October 2013

Thank you very much for your comments. This park is very ideal for dog owners and there are various areas of the park for dogs to be walked. The beach is fantastic for visiting too. As we are a small park it gives us more time to spend with our guests and get to know them, and it makes our quests feel more welcome here. There are also a lot of other local attractions in this area and it’s a great base to visit the surrounding area. I thank you for your comments and again and hope to see you next year.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Just got back from 5 days at Cresswell Towers with family. We only had a basic caravan due to having two mutts in tow. Caravan was nice, clean and didn't disappoint. The staff were really friendly and more than happy to help us if we required. I've stayed at similar sites before but because this one was smaller in size it had a more friendly atmosphere and we didn't feel like we were just another guest.

The site is ideal for dog owners. The beach was only a 5 minutes walk away and a nature trial was situated on the site, which takes you through a wood and onto the beach. I wouldn't have even known about this wood, if a member of staff hadn't have told me - so thumbs up

The nearest town is only a 10 minute drive away - Ashington. This proved quite convenient for supermarkets (Asda which was opened 24 hours), petrol and a cheeky McDonalds breakfast.

Overall, had a fantastic stay at Cresswell Towers. Would recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Had a great weekend at cresswell towers, all the staff were very friendly and helpful, my son Bryan won the darts final and is now going to Essex for the national finals at highland grange, I just hope it's as good as cresswell towers, my caravan was spotlessly clean, only one thing wrong the toilet was really small, thank you. Julie oliver

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for your comments and congratulations to your son on winning the darts competition, the team will all be rooting for him to win here at Cresswell. It’s also great to know that you liked your accommodation and will pass your great feedback to our accommodation department manager. Thank you very much again for your comments and hope to see you again next year at Cresswell.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cresswell
Premier Inn Ashington Hotel
Dunstanburgh Castle Hotel
Doxford Hall Hotel
Doxford Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chathill

Been to Cresswell Towers Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!