“Cresswell Towers (Park Resorts)”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cresswell
Cresswell Towers Holiday Park - Park Resorts
“Cresswell Towers (Park Resorts)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Site was a lot smaller than previous sites we had visited, the site was very clean and staff were very friendly and well organised, sadly the facilities were a little lacking, the site had a very very small shop with the basics, the entertainment complex was a let down too as the Bar and restaurant were combined and very small. there was a supermarket about a mile away. on a plus note the beach was a 5 minute walk away and very clean sandy beaches,
we stayed in a deluxe home which was not very big (we did rent from a friend at a discounted rate) although it did have TV/ DVD, Cooker, microwave, fridge, Shower and ample storage

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Park R, General Manager at Cresswell Towers Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Hi Ian and thank you for the review. I am pleased you found our park clean and the staff friendly. Cresswell is a small site and the size of the facilities reflects that. The beach is nice and close and very clean. Park Resorts have another 38 parks and several are larger than Cresswell it and might be worth having a look at our website to see if you can find a park that suits your needs more.
Thanks again for taking the time to post your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
newcastle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We rented our caravan privately from a friend for our stay, this was ideal for us and was immaculate, a big thank you to the owner for that,
The park is smaller than what we'd experienced before, we liked that as we found Haggerston Castle to be too big for us (although we still enjoyed there too) The outdoor areas are kept really clean and tidy although there was the odd bit of dogs mess, I'd blame the dog owners who didn't clean up after their pet more than the park for that though,
We didn't eat in the clubhouse but many around us did, food looked tasty enough, drinks were priced as we expected, a four pint pitcher of lager was around £11.50 ish depending on your choice of beer, not bad really, house doubles were £3.00,
The onsite shop is small but we only used it for newspapers so can't really comment on prices, plenty choice of places to get stuff outside the park, a convenience store in Ellington or bigger supermarkets in Ashington,
Our son enjoyed the play park, the swimming pool (although small it's perfectly fine) and especially the football court, sometimes this gets a bit hectic with 3 or 4 games going on at once (not good when you're in goal believe me) but it's all good fun,
The entertainment in the evening was great for our son, who really enjoyed the animal show on Monday evening, and the many mini discos, street dancing and craft sessions he went too,
The location is brilliant, 5 minute walk to the beautiful beach, it really is worth many a visit down there, either to sit amongst the other families or for a stroll down to a quieter spot, it's perfect, as is the little ice cream shop, lovely people and many delicious flavours,

Would we return? Yes definitely, thanks to everyone, especially Wes and his crew in the clubhouse, a happy son made for very happy parents.

• Stayed August 2013
Hi Tom and thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted to read that you liked our small park and found it clean and tidy. I really appreciate the comment about the dog mess as the team and I get very frustrated that some dog owners do not clean up after them and we all work hard to keep the park looking at its best.
I am pleased your son enjoyed the play park and the pool. I can imagine you were a bit busy in goal! Thank you once again for your comments and I have passed these onto the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to Park Resorts in the future.
england
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Booked a last minute break with my 2 young children, at check in i was told to park anywere except on the grass, having a 1 year old and. 5 year old and lots of luggage i parked nearest parking to my caravan.as soon as i parked some what i can only describe as ignorant decided to come out of her caravan and shout and scream at me with my 1 year old in my arms! She shouted she s an owner im not parking there,i walked away ignoring her, securit y came took one look at my car said im parked correctly but she s an owner of a caravan so thinks she owns the place.
This happened each time i parked she was abusive swearing and shouting security were involved and in the end i had to threaten to phone the police for this to stop,
I complained to the manager but think this fell on deaf ears i think there scared of cartavan owners as there is a high percentage on this site.
The owners have special events and also earlier access to pool.
The bar area food was ok first couple of days but sunday was obviously a diffferant cook as food was disgusting at lunch and dinner, we had to get a takeaway saturday as the complex was full of drinkers.
The caravan was pleasant enough as was the beach area but be prepared to be treated as a second class unless you own a caravan.

6 Thank markandemma
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

The positive first: Fantastic beach only a 5 minute walk away. Nice pool. Friendly bar/restaurant staff. Reasonably good playground for the kids. Northumberland itself is a fantastic county to visit.

The negative: Disgusting caravan. Unhelpful and uninterested customer service staff. Not the cleanest or most attractive of sites.

To elaborate on the caravan, we have a small, well behaved jack russell which meant we could only book a bronze caravan. Instead of just allocating a certain number of reasonable caravans to dog owners, Park Resorts clearly prefers to reserve the oldest, shabbiest and smelliest caravans for these people whilst also charging a supplement and insurance for bringing a pet.

Our caravan had ripped flooring, fraying curtains which were hanging off the rails, stained carpets, an exposed naked flame in the boiler unit (at exactly the height for little fingers to be poked inside), a broken toilet seat, mattreses seemingly comprised entirely of metal coils, the most ineffective shower I have experienced since my student days of a hand held shower head shoved onto the bath taps, and condensation which dripped down onto our 6 year old son's pillow every morning. All of this I could just about have lived with were it not for the pervading stench of the place. At first we thought it was cigarettes, but as we spent more time in the caravan it became more fetid, mossy and dank, and was eventually traced to the drains as it was gag-inducingly strong in the bathroom.

We complained about the smell only to receive the information that there were no more bronze caravans available from an entirely disinterested customer service representative, so they couldn't help further.

I spent nearly £500 on this accommodation for a week. Never, ever again.

I can't pretend to advise a non dog-owner on what their accommodation will be like, but if you do want to go on holiday with your dog, give this place a wide berth, as Park Resorts do not believe you are worthy of a decent caravan to stay in.

Room Tip: Avoid if you have a dog.
3 Thank KJB1971
Hi, Thank you for taking the time to post your review although I am so sorry your stay with us was not a happy one. Although our pet friendly accommodation is our Bronze graded holiday homes, they should never be shabby or smelly and for that I apologise. All caravan water heaters have an open flame and are all at the height the manufacturers feel is safe - as with the gas supply being LPG, it cannot be covered.
I have asked our Accommodation Manager to check the holiday home you were staying in for the mattresses, curtains and carpets. She did advise that she had visited you during your stay regarding the smell of cigarettes and had she been made aware of the other issues she would have helped you to the best of her ability.
Thank you for your comments on the park, beach and the facilities and I can only apologise that you felt our customer service was not to a high standard.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Booked very last minute break before schools returned due to having terrible main holiday with kids earlier in year. Never driven this way and really enjoyed the journey. Lovely entrance on arrival and made welcome at reception. Caravan was good as caravans go. Carpets (yuck) really need cleaned and lots of nettles around van which we had to ensure kids stayed away from. Park for kids was good and well maintained. Swimming was great, clean and warm. Bar ok, bit pricey especially for kids drinks. Entertainment good for adults and kids and made to feel welcome. First holiday park we have been to that kids were made to feel very welcome despite not long arriving and not being known which is fab. Beach is a very short walk away and is worth a visit, lovely and clean, and spent hours on it. Will be back in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Park R, General Manager at Cresswell Towers Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Hello and thank you for the review. I am glad you decided to try us for a last minute break and you enjoyed the journey to us. The team will be happy that you felt welcome as we want all of our guests to feel comfortable as well as happy. I am disappointed to read that the carpets were not to our usual high standard. Had you let reception know, our housekeeping team would have been more than happy to clean it for you while you were at the beach so as not to disrupt your holiday.
It is great to read that we are the first park to make your children feel so welcome, we know that if the children are happy, then the parents can then relax more and enjoy their holiday too! We are all glad that you will visit us again in the future and look forward to welcoming you back.
Gainsborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

This is an example of how it should be done.

We came here around 5 years before and to be honest wasn't overly impressed, it was the location that brought us back.
Upon arrival we were very pleasantly surprised. We were greeted by Steve on reception to collect our keys. A quick run down of the park and the location of our unit and we were on our way.
We opted to bring our dog on this holiday and so were restricted to a bronze standard unit that was a little aging.
The location of the unit couldn't have been better. 15 Woodside. Overshadowed by trees with a great forest dog walk adjacent. Close to the main complex but far enough away not to be bothered by noise.
The unit was older than we would have liked and we paid a £50 premium to allow our dog, but it is still cheaper than kennels for the week and its fun for the hound as well.
There were slight traces of mould in the bedrooms but we have known a lot worse and to be honest the unit was better than we expected.
Food on site was average and drinks were expensive, the evening entertainment was dire. But this is a reasonably small site therefore I would imagine that the entertainment budget isn't generous. So I suppose they do the best they can.
There are some great places to eat and have a drink close by such as the Woodhorn Park which incidentally was very good value and the food was great!
I know I have said a few negatives about this park but I really can't help but like the place. Its very well kept. The children's play equipment is in good order. The pool is clean and warm. The staff are friendly and helpful, well apart from the miserable old bat in the mini supermarket! Honestly, A Bulldog chewing a wasp would pretty much sum her up!
To cap it all its set by the beautiful wonderful Druridge Bay. A lovely place to take an evening stroll on the gorgeous beach and its shallow water. Its also handy for exploring most places you would want to in Northumberland.
Will we be back?
In a heartbeat. The people that maintain the site take a pride in it and it shows.
If the evening entertainment isn't really an issue for you, then you will love it.
If your looking for big budget entertainment then you may want to look elsewhere.
A lovely well kept, friendly park. In a great location.

• Stayed August 2013
Park R, General Manager at Cresswell Towers Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
I am delighted that you decided to holiday with us again after such a long time and thank you for the review. It is great to read that you were pleasantly surprised on your arrival and that Stephen gave you the information that you needed.

Woodlands area of our park is stunning as it is unique with all of the trees around it, however it can also be quite damp as it is shaded. I am sorry you found areas of the caravan starting to mould as we are aware our caravans in that area are in the shade of the trees but we do constantly monitor to ensure that the caravans are not affected in any way. I am glad you enjoyed the location and being close to the dog walk area so your dog could enjoy the holiday too.

I am disappointed that you found the food average and will pass your feedback to the complex manager. We are a small park and our entertainment is classed as leisurely due to our size and may not be to everyone’s taste but do appreciate your feedback.

‘Back in a heart beat’, well that is wonderful to read as we genuinely want all of our guests to have a great time with us and come back again in the future. Thank you again for taking the time to write such a detailed review and we hope to see you again.
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were very cautious about booking a caravan in this park because of the mixed reviews but our grandchildren wanted to go to this area and we had left it late to book. First impressions were good, smart entrance, very helpful check in staff, no queues and a booklet of discount vouchers for local attractions. The site is well maintained, no litter and the grass is cut regularly. Parking was right next to the van which made unloading easy. The inside of the van looked very clean at a first look but more of this later.
The first problem was that only four of the five beds we needed was made up. However this was quickly sorted out by a young man with a Geordie accent that was so strong he was unintelligible to our London bred grandkids.
Then we started to try to use the cutlery and crockery. This was so dirty that in the end we washed the whole lot, plates, cups, glasses and cutlery before even starting to cook dinner. It is clear that the cleaners trust the previous occupants to have washed up before they leave and don't check. In this case it we could tell that they had had bacon and egg for breakfast and were heavy on the lipstick when using glasses.
One other issue, that was not the fault of the park owners, is that we had our very own "Neighbours From Hell". This is the first time that I have heard anyone using the F word when telling a toddler to go back to bed. And this was after returning at midnight from a night out, with two children, both under five. After cursing at the kids they sat outside for an hour or so giving our grandchildren the benefit of their knowledge of swearwords and not much else. They also made me question just how many people can sleep in a six berth caravan, at least nine.
Finally, we cannot comment on the entertainment as we did not use it but the bar/restaurant seemed popular and had a good menu.

Room Tip: Not a room tip, but try the home made ice cream from the shop near the beach
1 Thank Brian H
Thank you for the review, I am glad that you decided to holiday with us regardless of the mixed reviews. It is great that your first impression on arrival was good and that you found the check in process and team helpful. We try our hardest to keep the park looking as clean and tidy as we possibly can at all times.

I am sorry that one of your beds was not made up on arrival but glad that Justin came and rectified that quickly. Thank you for the feedback regarding the cutlery and crockery. Our accommodation manager has passed on your comments to her team in their meeting and it is a big area of focus for our checkers to ensure that other customers do not find the same.
I am disappointed that you had to experience foul language from the occupants in the next caravan. We do have security on every evening who would have dealt with the issue or duty manager during the day as we do not condone that behaviour on our family holiday park.

I do hope that the issues you encountered will not put you off holidaying with us or Park Resorts again. Thank you again for the review, this feedback is invaluable to ensure we continually learn, evaluate and improve in order to create amazing memories for our customers.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cresswell
Premier Inn Ashington Hotel
#1 of 2 in Ellington
Felmoor Park
Felmoor Park
#2 of 14 in Morpeth

Been to Cresswell Towers Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!