“Great place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cresswell
Cresswell Towers Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Visited Cresswell Towers for a short break in May. The caravan park was great. Our children loved the play park and sports area. Only a short walk to the nearby beach which was great. Dog friendly park meant our pooch had a great time.The staff were friendly and helpful, especially Dale who was more than happy to help...looking forward to our next stay

• Stayed: May 2013
Park R, General Manager at Cresswell Towers Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your recent holiday at Cresswell Towers. I am so very pleased that you and your children had such a fabulous time here and I am also very happy that you were able to enjoy this holiday with your dog.

I will pass on your fantastic comments to all the team on park including Dale who will be delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much.

Once again thank you for your comments we and look forward to welcoming you all back with us soon.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Just had a great 3 day stay at cresswell towers. Booked a Gold Plus caravan, was really impressed with how clean it was, totally spotless, lovely and modern with plenty of room for family of 4. Site has plenty to do for kids, pool (walk in water balls only £3 extra), playground, football pitch and an arcade aswell as plenty of well looked after open space to play. Beach 5 minute walk away, with a little ice cream shop nearby. On site shop very handy and bar with entertainment also. Bar does decent meal deals and food was fine. The entertainment team all more than happy to keep the kids, and adults entertained even when very quiet (was very few kids on site as not half term or weekend). They still ran clubs, bingo etc. Overall, for a first time trip we were really impressed, would recommend and will go back again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Park R, General Manager at Cresswell Towers Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us!
We are delighted to see that you were impressed with your accommodation; I will pass on your review to the accommodation team who I am sure will be very pleased.
It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the pool and found the catering facilities enjoyable and good for the children.
Once again thank you for your lovely words and for recommending us. We look forward to seeing you again very soon to create some more amazing memories for yourself and your family.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Great check in, fast and efficient. We had a silver caravan and it was excellent, clean, tidy, no complaints at all. The bar in the tower tavern is expensive for drinks, but so is every other caravan park I've been to! Food was nice, although one of the kids pasta meal was very small, we put a little complaint in and they brought us some chips to make up the meal- very happy with that. Our two girls (4 and 5) love that they can just run around and play in the arcade, they love all of the characters and the fun stars this year were excellent, a big thank you to Christina who made our stay really enjoyable! Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2013

Wow! thank you for posting such great feedback, it is very important to us to know that our guests enjoy all aspects of their holiday with us here at Cresswell.
I am so pleased to see that you found all the staff friendly and helpful.
I am sorry to read that you found the bar expensive, we do try our very best to keep prices as low as possible and it is something that is checked on a regular basis.
I have passed on your comments to Christina who is really appreciative of your feedback.
Sparky, Sparkle and Narkky are also very pleased to see that the children had a Squilliant time!
Once again thank you for your lovely words and we look forward to seeing you again really soon to create some more amazing memories for you and your family!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Second time at cresswell, have been to other parks In north east as well and cresswell is the best I think. Park looks nice on arrival and all staff friendly and helpful. Caravan was a silver plus and there was no complaints with it at all, everything you need, everything worked etc. only issue is no path around caravan so when It rains a lot of mud can be dragged in to the van. Went to entertainment on the Friday, found bar expensive. Nearly 9 pound for small wine, popcorn and a slush. Entertainment was ok, nothing to write home about. I don't like the idea of how the kids are allowed to run about on dance floor till 7pm when bingo starts then you have to contain excited kids (repeatedly reminded to keep kids quiet) while the game takes place. I'm just not a bingo person at all and it just annoys me how it is forced upon everyone. I think it should take place later and the kids entertainment first. Found it especially hard with a 1 year old who doesn't understand properly and just wanted to be up and about so I almost left the bar through the stress! Went up to amble and sea houses on the Saturday and had a nice day out. Went swimming on the afternoon but by the time we had sorted kids out there was only 15 mins left for a swim. Times are restricted and maybe later opening times would help so people can have a proper day out and not have to rush back when on a short break.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Park R, General Manager at Cresswell Towers Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Hi thank you for the review, it is fantastic that you decided to holiday with us again. Great to read that you had no complaints with your accommodation and everything was in good working order.
I am sorry that you found the bar a little expensive our prices are similar to that of our competitors and would like to assure you that this is one area that we are constantly monitoring and can only apologise for your disappointment.

We do the children’s mini disco for the little ones whom go to bed at the time bingo starts and I am sorry that it was frustrating for your little one along with yourself. I have shown your review to the Entertainment Manager to see if where we can make improvements to the evenings running order following your comments.

Thank you again for the review and we hope that you will chose to holiday again with us in the future.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stayed at Cresswell Towers for 2 nights and had a fabulous time. Very relaxing, set by a beautiful stretch of the Northumbrian coastline, it was just what we needed for a quiet break. We didn't use the on site pool or bar but both looked well staffed and clean. The staff were very helpful and polite and the caravan itself was cleaned to a high standard and very comfortable. Will definitely return for another visit hopefully this year!

Room Tip: Normally i'd advise anyone staying at a caravan park to take their own tin opener but Cresswell...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review following your recent visit to Cresswell Towers.
We are so pleased to see you had a very relaxing break! We are very lucky to be situated right beside the beautiful Northumberland coastline.
We are very happy to see that the team on the park were very helpful and polite, customer care is our utmost priority.
Once again, thank you for your lovely comments and we look forward to seeing you here again soon at Cresswell Towers.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I absoloutly loved it here at Cresswell Towers!! Great for everyone!! It is quiet but in a good way, me My Mum, my Sister and My brother all went Fri to Mon!! I would definatly go back, the entertainment staff were brilliant and extremely friendly!! Thanks to all the staff!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your fantastic review Rebecca. It’s great to hear you had a brilliant stay with us and especially that you found the staff extremely friendly.
Once again thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back again very soon!

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

A warm friendly park set in a perfect location to tour Northumberland. Which can get very busy.

We have visited and stayed here before and found it really nice. We booked a silver plus caravan and found it very modern with 2 bedrooms one en-suite with a large Living room and nice kitchen.

The caravan was warm and cosey and had no issues whatsoever. We even had a large tv and dvd.

The park is very clean and tidy and you see ground staff working all day on the grounds to make it presentable.

We went to the night time entertainment on Friday and found it a bit bland and was a bit sick o the constant bombardment from staff to everyone telling us to keep the noise down during bingo stop kids running around and keep kids off the stage. This was not directed at us but the constant reminders seemed a bit child/family unfriendly. Although most of the staff were happy and friendly some were a bit lacking in people/children skills mainly one in particular who will remain nameless.

We went to the pool on Saturday and found it very clean and nice however very busy. For some reason the pool was very cold and was making the kids shiver! The pool could do with being open a bit longer as the timings were a bit restrictive could do with being open longer to give time for people to go out during the morning and afternoon and get back for a swim.

I attended the entertainment on Saturday and it was very very busy and very difficult to find a seat. So getting there early is recommended. I was very annoyed that I stood in the queue for ages for bingo tickets and found the queue to move very slow mostly because the entertainment staff seemed to be panicking. As I got to the front of the queue at 18;46 I was told oh sorry I can't sell anymore tickets to be in time for bingo. I was not a happy bunny!!! The bingo that night didn't start till 19;30 so there was plenty of time! The bingo was a bit of a shambles they went to the link up mid games and it made people start marking cards when the game had not even started causing confusing! Thks even resulted in a false claim. This was down to there being a match on the screens at the same time. The lad was very rushed trying to recover it but still ended up a complete hash for the start of the bingo causing loads of complaints. But this was down to the football being on at the same time and not really the fault of the team. The guys just didn't seem to have it together tonight and causes a load of unhappy guests. So unfortunately not a good night for the entertainment on this night.
Wez did come and speak to me to apologise for the mess up with the bingo tickets which was fair enough as I hadn't complained so appears he was genuinely apologetic.

Kids entertainers were a lot better this evening more friendly and interactive even with a green face as a witch (Amy) (You had to be there). Amy and wez together seem
To be the better team and much more interactive and energetic compared to the night before which was a bit dull unfortunately.

Having said that the park is still highly recommended for everyone. With its ideal location. Friendly and clean resort and excellent facilities. The prices are also good value for money. Be prepared for higher prices for drinks and food but plenty of offers on to help. The best park resort to choose in the north east area. If you haven't tried it give it a go you'll not be disappointed. Thank you for another good stay guys. We will be back and if we could afford our own static cresswell would be our choice of park! The guest and owners all seem very friendly.

Only recommendation is that you have out grown your bar area and needs extending as this was low season and I can see it being even busier in high season. Oh and cash back at bar would be helpful

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for your lovely review Aaron. We are so pleased that you had a brilliant stay with us and that you found your accommodation to a very high standard, I have passed these comments to the accommodation manager so that she can relay this news to her cleaning team.
It was also great to see that you have noted how hard the maintenance team work on keeping Cresswell Towers in pristine condition and making the whole park clean and tidy. Again I have passed your kind comments on to the team.
I am delighted that you found the staff very friendly during your stay, we have a great team here at Cresswell Towers!
It is a shame that you found your first night of entertainment a little bland , the entertainment team try very hard to provide various entertainment for all age groups and this does incorporate bingo, which is a popular choice for our adult guests.
Your comments regarding the pool opening times are something we will look into to see if in any way possible we can amend.
The link bingo is relatively new to the company after being launched in 2012, it has proved very popular with a lot of our guests as the prize money is higher, but in some cases, like the football match, where we can only link in half way through a game, I can only apologise for the confusion this may have caused. I am very pleased to see that Wez came over and apologised for this as he also takes every guest’s enjoyment on their holiday very seriously.
Once again I would like to that you for your review your feedback is very important to us. We can’t wait to welcome you back to Cresswell Towers again very soon and maybe even becoming an owner with us in the future

Been to Cresswell Towers Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!